Author Topic: duel monitors  (Read 549 times)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
duel monitors
« on: February 06, 2009, 05:15:55 PM »
I'm using duel monitors, i was wondering if there was a way to run AH in window mode?
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: duel monitors
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 05:52:37 PM »
don't think so. Seen it asked for before

Offline xStrato

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:05:55 AM »
The unfortunate answer is no. Aces High does not have the ability to run in Windowed mode. The only way to play on multiple screens is to use the Matrox Triplehead to go. With this, you can expand your visual area to three monitors. Playing with two monitors would not be ideal because of the split in the middle.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »
The unfortunate answer is no. Aces High does not have the ability to run in Windowed mode. The only way to play on multiple screens is to use the Matrox Triplehead to go. With this, you can expand your visual area to three monitors. Playing with two monitors would not be ideal because of the split in the middle.

Sorry, I'm not trying to play on duel monitors. but sometimes when I'm playing I'm doing other things on my computer and it would be nice to not have to completely minimize AH  to work on my other monitor.♠
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline xStrato

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »
There is no setting that will make it run in Windowed mode. I have tried to find a switch (-w, -window, -windowed) and they don't work. This game does not have what you want. Unless you know of a third party application to force it, the only method I know of is to run the game within a virtual machine which would pretty much destroy your graphics.

I have the same problem that you do. I use multiple monitors but I cannot use the second monitor without alt - tabbing out of it. I even have a touchscreen with a media center running on it.

Even if there was a way, would it be worth it. Windowed mode takes more out the graphics so you would take a huge hit there.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 10:10:44 AM »
The game does not allow the option to run in 'Windowed' mode.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
thanks guys, I was just wondering about it. Skuzzy are there any plans for maybe giving this option in the future.