Author Topic: Where's the fight?  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Where's the fight?
« on: February 13, 2009, 01:50:09 AM »
I logged into Blue at midnight EST (orange was maxed).  The knights were bombing/vulching A94 (full sector of darbar), I up at another field to intercept the attackers.  Quickly the knights dissipate, and I follow what's left to A97 (see pic below), but quickly find myself alone.

However, we notice that the knights have moved to V90 (notice the darbar in sector 8,6).  Out of sheer boredom and a desire not to miss out on the action, I ditch my plane and up from A89 to meet the attackers.  I make it over the mountain (about 16k ft) with some other rooks as a single knight P-51 is running back to knight territory.  Finally, we arrive A35 to find 2-3 low bandits circling in their field ack.

2 are shot down, and the other lands and exits his plane.  Despite 5-6 rooks patrolling around in full view of knight radar, no one comes to meet us.  Again, out of sheer boredom, I bail out and exit the arena.

What gives?  Notice that in both of these pics, there is no good sustained fight to be found for anyone flying Rook.  Even the perpetual hotspot, A1, is empty.  So, like I said, where's the fight?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:53:16 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Where's the fight?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:54:04 AM »
Currently, the best fights (the most aggressive ones) are on channel 200 and on the forums. Looking at these forums the last few days, I'm convinced a verbal spar would be a lot more entertaining than flying in AH.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 02:17:35 AM »
Bottom.  Off the map in your pic.  A55 and around there.  I haven't seen a Rook v Bish fight in 3 days.  That's half your problem right there.  Half the opposition isn't there and the other half doesn't want to fight.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 09:02:26 AM »
Currently, the best fights (the most aggressive ones) are on channel 200 and on the forums. Looking at these forums the last few days, I'm convinced a verbal spar would be a lot more entertaining than flying in AH.

You should have been on last night.  You'd be posting an "I quit" thread instead of the above.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 09:08:41 AM »

:aok

Tried both late war arenas last night. I think I lasted an hour or so.

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 09:15:09 AM »

Frodo

Thank god its friday, even in the Service of the Emperor.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »
the wheel has come full circle.  took 5 years, but it's here.

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »
The way the community is now I think you would have better luck finding Jimmy Hoffa or Bigfoot.

It's the main reason I don't play anymore.

Good luck on your quest. :aok

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »
Orange had big darbars at a8 to a9. I wouldn't call it a fight though because the 2 full darbars of rooks consisted almost soley of high and fast planes.I managed a few kills though. :)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:16:38 AM »
I'm also getting disgusted at the fact that no one wants to fight.  I spent about an hour online last night, got two kills, one assist, chased some runners and watched Nits circle field ack while they had Bish outnumbered at least 2:1.

I think I'm going to announce on 200 where I'm upping, where I'm going and ask people who are willing to fight to meet me and see if that works.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »
Baldeagl, if we both share a similar sentiment, I'm curious to know why you're so opposed to tweaking base capture to squeeze people into a smaller combat zone.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 10:26:01 AM »
I think maybe I found a better game for 90% of the community.

Of course you actually have to put a little THOUGHT into this one also so I'll keep looking. :aok

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »
face it, the BBS group wanting fights is only 2% of the actual MA population. I was landing the other night after I got tired of 190's and 51's running and got vulched (wasn't surprised when i saw the name). We had at least 10 other AC in the air but that would have required some actual amount of skill a larger degree of difficulty. Some tools just want the easiest kill possible, live with it deal with it and just laugh.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:52:33 AM by whiteman »

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 10:50:14 AM »
Here's the deal: It doesn't bother me that much if the enemy...
...hugs ack.
...tries to cherry pick me.
...tries for head-on shots.
...runs away.
...At least I'm flying with the enemy in view.  Last night I couldn't even achieve that modest goal.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 10:57:12 AM »

Frodo

I was going to say the same thing. I logged on. Looked around and no fight even in orange. So I logged off. No missions either. Nothing happening.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter