Author Topic: Public Apology  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Public Apology
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 09:58:58 AM »
I wouldn't beat myself up too bad Banshee. After all that's why the rest of the community is here. To do that for you.  :lol :lol

Those things happen and honestly if you had that information before hand wouldn't you have reacted differently.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 10:07:29 AM »
So, to all that was online at the time, I do apologize for my rude behavior.  That is all.

Your "apology" should be directly to the person you offended..imnsho.  In addition to the preceding..if you cant keep the fact that this IS a GAME involving an individual sitting in front of a CRT/LCD manipulating a stick attached to a machine, then y'all better move on.
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 10:11:32 AM »
No it doesn't. Not to crap on Banshee here, but he is just another in a long line of people who go overboard and then apologies on the boards and everyone pats him on the back and says "ahhh its ok bumpkin, we all get that way sometimes". If people who are tired of the "crap" that is allowed in the arneas continue to allow this stuff then it will continue.

In AW there was a much tighter code. If you stepped out of line once you where warned by the community. The second time you where harassed to no end by the community. The third time you were ostracized by the community. Instead of telling these people that it's ok, everyone should let them know it isn't and there will be consequences. We have Stokes in the other thread crying about be muted for his bad mouth. Tough luck buddy, learn when to keep your mouth shut!

Yes we all get frustrated at this game, but like Ghosth said, just <alt> F4 and go take a break. I've done it many a time. Enough coddling these people, you screw up, your out. HTC is too easy on the offenders. I know hes working to keep a profit here, but there has to be a limit.

yeah, what he said. ^   :aok
                            | 
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 10:19:16 AM »
Sorry to hear it Banshee, it happens to everyone.

No it doesn't...some of us know how to control our temper.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 10:29:29 AM »
No it doesn't...some of us know how to control our temper.

Even better, some never get that worked up. ;)  There's basically 3 levels of self control:

1.  People who lose it.
2.  People who would lose it but have learned to control it.
3.  People who's emotions rarely get red-hot in the first place.

#3 is my ideal, #2 is frequently my reality, but I haven't really reached #1 since adolescence.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »
Instead of telling these people that it's ok, everyone should let them know it isn't and there will be consequences.

That is a rather black & white way of looking at the situation. Most people are perceptive in judging a person's character by his/her actions. We've had Banshee7 on our channel numerous times. I believe he is a well-intentioned young man who makes mistakes like the rest of us. The difference is how we deal with when we screw up. There are times & places for rigid codes, but being this is supposed to be a fun environment, there's a lot of grey area depending on behavior. Again, it is dependent upon the character and actions of the individual.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:01:57 AM by thndregg »
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 10:53:43 AM »
Turn 200 bloody off.

You know, there is a sociological observation I've made about people, especially the last few generations of boys/men we've raised, or rather, half-raised. Smack-talk in life in general and especially on 200 is the level of monkeys throwing feces from the safety of the trees. See, world is full of those who want to feel tough but don't want to see any blood...especially their own. You are not a monkey, you are a hominid, a direct descendant of the Australopithecus who first dispensed with all this screaming, excrement throwing, bluffing baloney, by quietly picking up a gazelle femur, and rendering his tormentor neatly dead. You're in the arena primarily to kill and die. If you get them...no need to say anything. If they get you, don't make them happier by acting like you care at all. Let me tell you something, a <S> is nice I guess, :) but nothing makes me happier after a kill than a "Nooby-haxxor/cheater!" P.M. :) :lol  If you absolutely must tell someone why something they did is stupid, do it in a PM so it doesn't make a public drama everyone else has to deal with.

Even better, some never get that worked up. ;)  There's basically 3 levels of self control:

1.  People who lose it.
2.  People who would lose it but have learned to control it.
3.  People who's emotions rarely get red-hot in the first place.

#3 is my ideal, #2 is frequently my reality, but I haven't really reached #1 since adolescence.

I wouldn't give a dime for a man who never lost his temper. The world has too many people that you could kick their dog, insult their grandmother, and steal their T.V. sets, and they'd still be dialing 911 on the cell while you were running off with their property. There needs to be at least some selective pressure against utter love muffinery, to put it in Darwinian terms. :devil

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »
That is a rather black & white way of looking at the situation. Most people are perceptive in judging a person's character by his/her actions. We've had Banshee7 on our channel numerous times. I believe he is a well-intentioned young man who makes mistakes like the rest of us. The difference is how we deal with when we screw up. There are times & places for rigid codes, but being this is supposed to be a fun environment, so there's a lot of grey area depending on behavior. Again, it is dependent upon the character and actions of the individual.

Well said.  Now there is an objective well-educated view. :aok

I can't quite figure out these people who are out for blood, like they have NEVER went over the edge at least once.  Maybe they have and are past that point now, and thats great.  We have a diverse group of people here, and the other guy is not always going to respond the same as you would in a particular situation.

The truth is, there are people out there that will intentionally try to push people over the edge, because they are pathetic and can do so hiding behind a keyboard many miles away without risk of having some teeth removed.

If ANYONE out there thinks they are above being pushed over the edge, PM me and I will put you in touch with my ex.  She could make the pope cuss.

:salute
"Rotorhed"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 11:09:19 AM »
Bah, I see people preaching from the pulpit as if they never make mistakes.  All your glass houses have shattered panes, hypocrites.

I hope that the next time each of you errs, should you have the stones to admit it, your noses are dragged through  the mud.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:10:52 AM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 11:10:07 AM »
I wouldn't give a dime for a man who never lost his temper. The world has too many people that you could kick their dog, insult their grandmother, and steal their T.V. sets, and they'd still be dialing 911 on the cell while you were running off with their property. There needs to be at least some selective pressure against utter love muffinery, to put it in Darwinian terms. :devil
:rofl  Yes, there is an appropriate amount of anger for different situations.  The people you describe above are weak.  Even in the situation you describe, however, it is still possible to exhibit too much anger.  I guess I have greater admiration for those who collect their revenge with the clear-head of a martial artist. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline 442w30

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »
Turn 200 bloody off.

I tuned 200 once. Ten minutes later I was sufficiently unimpressed that I detuned it.  Several months later I tried again with the same result.  I'll never understand what the attraction is.  To each there own...

Throwing feces indeed... 
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time

"The plural of anecdote is no data."- statistician's axiom

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 12:12:09 PM »
Banshee
Sounds like you tried to hand out a pile of ----- and got handed back a bigger pile and had no choice but to eat it, (so to speak )
You obviously made a mistake and realized it quickly, very mature move on your part. I don't have to tell you what the immature move you made was, you know that as well.

Your a very good stick in this game, detune 200 and let what you do best speak for itself in game, that's flying. I have never understood what the fascination with 200 is  :noid ? Especially with the folks who are very successful in game, actions speak volumes over words, leave it at that and move on.

JDog

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 12:21:38 PM »
Well it's good to know that all we have to do is say I'm sorry when 30 minutes of vulgar, sexually explicit, racially charged name calling is allowed on 200. AND where is a moderator when all this was going down? But at least you see the error of those ways and at least offered an appology. My dog on 13 year old son happened to be online and observed it all. I had to answer a few questions from him and quickly detuned that filthy channel. 200 should be eliminated until people can control themselves.
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 12:23:15 PM »

Loosing your temper or handling a situation rationally are two different things. You kick my dog I'll ask you not to do it again, you do it again I have now rationalized that your an idiot and I have to explain it a bit better by kicking you in the nuts. Did I loose my temper, nope just had to approach the problem from a different angle  :t

Yesterday there was a big argument over the use of a CV. A high ranking player had control of it and a much lower ranking player thought he knew better. It escalated to all kinds of name calling and in the end the base wasn't captured, and the CV got sunk anyway....most likely because everyone was watching the fight on 200 in stead of the one over the base. The point is there wasn't any point in fighting over the CV and the name calling shouldn't happen. Had I been the high ranking player I'd have asked if they wanted it turned back into harms way and if more than just the one wanted it I would have released it and gone about playing the game. No need to argue. Had I been an HTC moderator I would have warned then muted both players, no problem.

This is a game to have fun. When there are people who are belligerent and causing trouble spoiling that fun they need to be reminded that their actions are not wanted. If your in a bar with a lot of people having a good time some a-hole gets out of hand and starts pushing everyone around. Does everyone just let it continue? In most places I've been the owner has people there just to take out that kind of trash, if they don't they call someone to take out the trash. Here, its more up to the community to teach what is acceptable, and what isn't.

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 12:24:23 PM »
I'm glad to know I can act like a damn fool and then just go sorry
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk