Author Topic: Another Collision Whine  (Read 1835 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Another Collision Whine
« on: February 27, 2009, 11:28:17 AM »
I'm sorry but the collision model is truely messed up.

Last night I was flying along in a Ta-152 when I saw tracers going over my wings.  I looked back to see a 262 starting to try a break turn but before he was able he rammed me from behind taking he tail off my plane.  He flew on with one engine smoking slightly.

The system reported that I collided!  It also reported that he collided.

That's just not right.  Period.  End of story.  How in the h*ll can I collide with someone I'm flying AWAY from.

Screw it.  I'm just going to start ramming everyone in the arena.  Evidently it works.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Re: Another Collision Whine
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 11:36:28 AM »
Screw it.  I'm just going to start ramming everyone in the arena.  Evidently it works.

Good luck.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:36:44 AM »

The system reported that I collided!  It also reported that he collided.

That's just not right.  Period.  End of story.  How in the h*ll can I collide with someone I'm flying AWAY from.

It's not saying it had been your fault
It's not saying you rammed anybody

It's just saying there was a collision detected on your screen (and on his too)

For the rest.. well you know how it works and why
And why there's no alternative to that, even when sometimes it seems to be less than fair.

But if you do believe that running into other planes will benefit your K/D over the long run, feel free to do so - and thanks for the free kills we're gaining that way.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 12:10:01 PM »
Come on Bald, your smarter than that.

Ram is virtually impossible to do, and we've yet to see any show definitive proof where they managed to ram someone without taking damage.

Collisions happen, in this case, it wasn't your fault. But flying AH isn't about "blame".

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »
I once "caught" a low goon inbound with drunks...I was of course out of ammo (SOP). I spent a good 10 min trying to force a collision, finally after much effort I did...I got the orange message and windmilled into the drink while the SLF carrier trundled on...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 12:18:43 PM »
I would bet he shot your tail off and broke into the wreckage. I let these oddities go because the more you fly the more likely a random event like this will happen. Your lucky because usually its a noob that is hiding in the trees while you are nose down egressing and looking behind that raises his nose and HOs or the one I hate is shooting the tail off of a P38 and as he flops over he death grips the stick and accidentally fires and one hit kills you.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 12:19:21 PM »
I once "caught" a low goon inbound with drunks...I was of course out of ammo (SOP). I spent a good 10 min trying to force a collision, finally after much effort I did...I got the orange message and windmilled into the drink while the SLF carrier trundled on...

if only it were that hard for me to collide with the earth... must be the earth's fault, it moved in front of me!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »
Come on Bald, your smarter than that.

Ehhhh  :uhoh :noid
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 03:05:01 PM »
I've suffered collisions on multiple occasions when I do defensive ACM against an attacker.  For example, I'm doing some kind of scissors, they overshoot, and on my front end there is a collision, but not always on theirs.  Yeah, it sucks, but the collision model is fine.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 03:06:16 PM »
I have flown 400 mph right underneath a spit before, and he got a collision message and his wing was ripped off.  No damage to me.  This is the one circumstance imo where the collision model isn't great.  As is now, the model does attempt to address fault and not penalize a player who didn't collide on his end. 

I think it would be cool though if HiTech could somehow eliminate the rammed from behind collisions.  Like if a collision starts from the back, the collision becomes void for that encounter for the player being rammed from behind.  (no pun intended)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 03:09:03 PM »
I have flown 400 mph right underneath a spit before, and he got a collision message and his wing was ripped off.  No damage to me.  This is the one circumstance imo where the collision model isn't great.  As is now, the model does attempt to address fault and not penalize a player who didn't collide on his end. 
I don't understand what you're saying here. This is an instance where the model's genius showed.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »

I think it would be cool though if HiTech could somehow eliminate the rammed from behind collisions.  Like if a collision starts from the back, the collision becomes void for that encounter for the player being rammed from behind.  (no pun intended)
He should not let you get so close. His problem not yours.
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 03:14:20 PM »
I don't understand what you're saying here. This is an instance where the model's genius showed.

:huh

He should not let you get so close. His problem not yours.

Not sure if the "he had it coming" argument justifies a collision that was clearly my fault.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 03:18:21 PM »

Not sure if the "he had it coming" argument justifies a collision that was clearly my fault.
Did you hit him.... no. You pointed your ac away from him. Well done.  He took no or little action to avoid. Nothing to do with had it coming.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:26:03 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 03:20:08 PM »

not sure how you can say it was your fault either unless you can tell what is going on on his end.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave