Author Topic: Horde the P-38G!  (Read 2689 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Re: Horde the P-38G!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 10:23:57 AM »
I watched the film...you dove to clear danos tail and got bounced...you ho'd one and it looks like two others kill shot themselves...not sure why talas2 died later giving you a 4th kill but it wasn't from your guns...

so to say you killed 4 is a bit much...

12 v 1 really???

your squaddies are talking to you on vox watching and not engaging...odd.....seems a little contrived....you can see you are just off a bish base......too bad one can't look at the map or see the previous 5 minutes....

but hey this is what the bbs is for nowadays i guess...thanks for posting the film...helps put things in perspective... :cool:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:27:25 AM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »
Good thing about beeing surrounded by a horde like that is that you can just press the trigger and wiggle your stick (or mouse) around and get kills. Aiming is not needed  :aok . You also get proxys by spits killshooting eachother  :aok

Dont forget the 109's who lawn dart at 425MPH.

Those are my favorite.

Usually members of FALCONWING's squad.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 10:29:56 AM »
Dont forget the 109's who lawn dart at 425MPH.

Those are my favorite.

Usually members of FALCONWING's squad.

Uh-oh....somebody touched a nerve.... :lol :lol :D...the kneejerk insults have begun!  Tell ya what...instead of beginning repetitive BBS threads your squad could just start a email list and swap emails titled "we are uber (though we often lack SA)"  Then the rest of us who wish the BBS wasn't always a flamefest or a "look at me" tribute could enjoy general discussion about the mechanics of the game..... :O
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:36:01 AM by FALCONWING »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 10:37:20 AM »

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 10:50:13 AM »
Uh-oh....somebody touched a nerve.... :lol :lol :D...the kneejerk insults have begun!  Tell ya what...instead of beginning repetitive BBS threads your squad could just start a email list and swap emails titled "we are uber (though we often lack SA)"  Then the rest of us who wish the BBS wasn't always a flamefest or a "look at me" tribute could enjoy general discussion about the mechanics of the game..... :O

1.)  Didnt start thread.
2.)  No nerve touched.
3.)  You talk a lot.
4.)  Have a nice day.  :)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 12:38:04 PM »
your squaddies are talking to you on vox watching and not engaging...odd.....seems a little contrived....you can see you are just off a bish base......too bad one can't look at the map or see the previous 5 minutes....
Contrived, as opposed to hording a single con any chance they get?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 12:51:29 PM »
Falcon...

I'm not throwing rocks but hows this any different then our little tussle last weekend. If B4 hadn't buzzsawed me off your Ki you'd have died there in the midst of a 1 on 5+ vs an A-20. The game is undoubtedly complex and there are a lot of aspects to game play. However the simple reality is that quality ACM is fast disappearing. More and more the air combat aspects are becoming one of opportunity not manufacture. This leads to excessive speed and the resulting lawn darts among other things. As you've mentioned your a seasoned player with a solid understanding of ACM yet the reality is that those actual ACM skills have deteriorated to the point that you ended up going @#$ on range vs an A-20. I run into a lot of "old hands" who are a former shadow of them selfs ACM wise do to changes in how they play the game.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 01:09:04 PM »
I just find it hilarious that watching a squaddie pull a couple of pixel kills out of that pixel mess, before replaning for seconds, is "contrived and odd".  LOL
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »
I'm not going to waste my time with the muppet envy.
The thread is what it is and Falcon is an idiot. You're pretty much dead wrong in every point you try to make, but convincing you otherwise will be impossible and a waste of time. It won't accomplish anything even if you do realize you're wrong (or dumb).
Please go rot away in the corner.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:37:57 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 01:24:27 PM »
I run into a lot of "old hands" who are a former shadow of them selfs ACM wise do to changes in how they play the game.

In all sad honesty, I'd place myself in that category.  :(

The past week, or so, I've been actively avoiding blowing all my 'global engagement' advantages to engage a single con in a "fight."

Been picking a lot.  While its not as much fun, I finally just got sick and tired of rolling in for a fight and ending up giving a kill to whichever Spit was able to land the most hispanos and assists to 10 other drones.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »
Contrived, as opposed to hording a single con any chance they get?

I'm really not looking to get into another pissing match with you but your point of view is biased...

i will preface by saying i wasn't there but...

1. I know how dano flies (and i respect him) but i know the situations he tends to be in...
2. Dano is heading away from an enemy base with MULTIPLE LOW cons chasing him...
3. the 38g dives in between him and 9 of the cons without enough E to outrun them ...
4.  No problem there...we have all died to save a buddy who had kills etc...
5. He dies
6.  He then starts another thread about being ganged
7.  He posts his film and you hear 2 muppet voices who can obviously see the fight but don't help
8.  If they were helping then it wasn't a 12v1 as he ascertained...
9. There has been a series of bbs posts suggesting Scotch gets ganged by bad people...with screen shots..

Yes I think this is contrived...look the word up...your situation doesn't make sense to use this word...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:21:57 PM by FALCONWING »

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 03:16:22 PM »
Falconwng smells like tinkle.
-AoM-

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »
Falcon...

I'm not throwing rocks but hows this any different then our little tussle last weekend. If B4 hadn't buzzsawed me off your Ki you'd have died there in the midst of a 1 on 5+ vs an A-20. The game is undoubtedly complex and there are a lot of aspects to game play. However the simple reality is that quality ACM is fast disappearing. More and more the air combat aspects are becoming one of opportunity not manufacture. This leads to excessive speed and the resulting lawn darts among other things. As you've mentioned your a seasoned player with a solid understanding of ACM yet the reality is that those actual ACM skills have deteriorated to the point that you ended up going @#$ on range vs an A-20. I run into a lot of "old hands" who are a former shadow of them selfs ACM wise do to changes in how they play the game.

No offense humble but I have no idea what you are talking about....

I don't fly the ki-84...I didn't log on last weekend....I checked my stats and no ki84 flights for last tour....I dont remember fighting an a-20 of recent memory that was about to kill me....

I am Falcnwng in the game....there are many other Falcon related cpids.....

Hope to get to test my mettle against you in the air sometime.... :salute

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 03:22:40 PM »
Fair enough.. I don't take any responsibility for what anyone else but me says on the BBS, squaddie or not.  I do think you helped this misunderstanding by just saying "odd and contrived" flat out.  The fight is all I'm concerned with.  Why you'd argue about the forum discussion and pov's before the real topic here (the fight) is what's odd, IMO.
So, no, my pov's not biased.  It wasn't 1:12 either, but it was definitely 1:6+.  You're saying it like it's all such a big difference! :lol
who can obviously see the fight but don't help
Newsflash.. You don't actually DIE in this game.. The game is what you make it.. This set up was an opportunity to do something pretty rare, that is manage to shoot 4 of em down while ~4-6 more are all over you.  If I had needed a reason to say you're biased, I'd say refusing to acknowledge this aspect is a clue.
"if they were helping"
   ... I was just standing out of reach and watching.. What do you think, was I helping? Would it have made any difference as far as qualifying this one as "ganging" goes?  You have no point here but to contradict the obvious, just because it's from a squad or player you happen to not like. And then you call others biased.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:26:26 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you