Author Topic: Fighter Mid War  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: Fighter Mid War
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 07:38:00 AM »
I don't know Trojan, but I've run into several high-ranked, front page players who clearly have no idea what they're doing...

I don't really care much for score, but could it possibly be bad for the game if the ranking system were overhauled to have some semblance of reality?  Maybe have "head to head" have some weight in it?  It just seems to me that if you actually needed to be a good fighter stick to grab the #1 spot, it might encourage people to put in the effort to get there...
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 07:48:24 AM »
Yeah wassup with the Trojan bashing? hes a good guy and a good stick, i dare ya to DA him bet he will make ya think twice bout the seal clubbing remark.

:salute

Its that time of the month, its like clockwork.

It could be biological. :O
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 07:49:55 AM »
Yeah wassup with the Trojan bashing? hes a good guy and a good stick, i dare ya to DA him bet he will make ya think twice bout the seal clubbing remark.

:salute

:lol Fury  :D

holy shizzle! Where ya been cobia?

who is trojan?...2 sorties..I believe I had to chase him 2 sectors the one time I flew mid last month. After all the wasted time I flew too near his ack and got a pw. So he turns around chases me to my field to get a kill as I bleed out. I dare say he is but a seal to be clubbed in any fighter.

:huh You sure about all of that?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 07:51:25 AM »
well half the time he don't know what he is doing your right  :t

I just don't like some of these remarks against a fellow squaddie.  If you have a problem with him being ranked number one for fighter in the practice arena thats your beef not his, no need to start questioning his abilities.  even if he does suck.  :P
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 07:53:29 AM »

I just don't like some of these remarks against a fellow squaddie.  If you have a problem with him being ranked number one for fighter in the practice arena thats your beef not his, no need to start questioning his abilities.  even if he does suck.  :P

:noid Thanks bruv  :noid

:lol

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 08:01:38 AM »
np  m8  i got yer back   :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 08:02:27 AM »
np  m8  i got yer back   :aok

Im sure.. but saying i suck ...  :noid  :rofl

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »
i didnt mean it bigboy
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 08:10:41 AM »

lol practice arena
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 08:11:22 AM »
 :lol

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 08:18:25 AM »
holy shizzle! Where ya been cobia?

who is trojan?...2 sorties..I believe I had to chase him 2 sectors the one time I flew mid last month. After all the wasted time I flew too near his ack and got a pw. So he turns around chases me to my field to get a kill as I bleed out. I dare say he is but a seal to be clubbed in any fighter.
Why chase someone that far? It should have been obvious he didn't want to fight for whatever reason. Low fuel, ammo, had damage....etc. I too would have turned back to collect your scalp because it shows your so desperate for a kill, you'd go to any means to get one and probably attempt to vulch a guy landing.
Next time turn away sooner to see if he comes back. He didn't waste your time. You wasted your own and got killed for it.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 08:26:41 AM »
Why chase someone that far? It should have been obvious he didn't want to fight for whatever reason. Low fuel, ammo, had damage....etc. I too would have turned back to collect your scalp because it shows your so desperate for a kill, you'd go to any means to get one and probably attempt to vulch a guy landing.
Next time turn away sooner to see if he comes back. He didn't waste your time. You wasted your own and got killed for it.

:lol so true

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 08:42:20 AM »

Well, he obviously wasn't low fuel or he wouldn't have waited for Goose to turn around and then follow him all the way back to Goose's base.  Really, if he was egressing with any intention of landing, he would have done so when Goose gave up because of the ack.  Basically, when Goose turns his back, the other guy turns around to get on his six.

Perhaps Goose was desperate for a kill, but the other guy was desperate to avoid a fight.  $20 says had Goose not had a PW (and thus shown signs of life, taking the fight to the guy instead of leveling off because he was blacked out), there would have been another footrace.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 08:45:34 AM »
It just seems to me that if you actually needed to be a good fighter stick to grab the #1 spot, it might encourage people to put in the effort to get there...

I'm hearing the music "Thus Spoke Zarathustra."
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 09:32:47 AM »
lol I always thought of orange and blue as training arenas. Probably no more good sticks in all those numbers than there are in MW. I was in orange the other night and all I found were 3...4...and 5 to 1. Hogs, Yaks, zeeks, and ponies..... only 1 got a few rounds in me before they were all down. Of course it doesn't happen like that all the time but come on....

Last night in MW was kind of odd. Folks all over losing UDP.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)