Author Topic: Fighter Mid War  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Re: Fighter Mid War
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 10:33:13 AM »
I'd go to the DA w/ Trojan, but Furball already ruined me on the whole bad-tooth Brit thing...

Crest is your friend!

;)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »
This is no different than when a live one sits down at card game, wins a big pot with an incredible suckout, gets up, and leaves. :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 10:57:18 AM »
Why chase someone that far? It should have been obvious he didn't want to fight for whatever reason. Low fuel, ammo, had damage....etc. I too would have turned back to collect your scalp because it shows your so desperate for a kill, you'd go to any means to get one and probably attempt to vulch a guy landing.
Next time turn away sooner to see if he comes back. He didn't waste your time. You wasted your own and got killed for it.

Desperate for a kill?  Sounds like the runner was desperate to avoid a death...one's dweeby and the other isn't?   :huh
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 11:25:11 AM »
I'd go to the DA w/ Trojan, but Furball already ruined me on the whole bad-tooth Brit thing...

Crest is your friend!

;)

:lol Sure  :)

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 11:55:25 AM »
Yeah wassup with the Trojan bashing? hes a good guy and a good stick, i dare ya to DA him bet he will make ya think twice bout the seal clubbing remark.

:salute
Ok

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 03:26:08 PM »
If you have a problem with him being ranked number one for fighter in the practice arena ...

LOL ... practice arena ... Are you one of the Late War l337 guys ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 11:56:03 PM »
LOL ... practice arena ... Are you one of the Late War l337 guys ?
Bruv is so ubber i swear he is a haxor and has got to be cheating

pick-artist :noid  :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Raygun

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2009, 01:57:10 AM »
This is going to get ugly, fast.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Ingame name: Apollo

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 03:37:59 AM »
This is going to get ugly, fast.

why would it?   my post was pure jest,  Humour is lost on you guys sometimes.

slap, yea I fly in late war most of the time, Mid war never has more than 15 guys online whenever I login, due to the timezones.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 03:57:13 AM »
Why chase someone that far? It should have been obvious he didn't want to fight for whatever reason. Low fuel, ammo, had damage....etc. I too would have turned back to collect your scalp because it shows your so desperate for a kill, you'd go to any means to get one and probably attempt to vulch a guy landing.

I've chased guys as far as 5 sectors before in inferior planes purely in spite of them running.  Most the time they run is because you saddled them, not because they have low anything.

Few weeks ago, this pony tried to B&Z Pick me near my base at a quiet fight between two northern bases.  I eventually ended up chasing him for 20+ minutes across 4 sectors until he finally tried to land at some base deep in his territory.  I vulched him on the runway as he was coming to a stop which made it all worth it.   :)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2009, 07:48:27 AM »
why would it?   my post was pure jest,  Humour is lost on you guys sometimes.

slap, yea I fly in late war most of the time, Mid war never has more than 15 guys online whenever I login, due to the timezones.

:aok
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 07:54:40 AM »
I'm hearing the music "Thus Spoke Zarathustra."

:rofl
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 10:02:36 AM »
Next time turn away sooner to see if he comes back. He didn't waste your time. You wasted your own and got killed for it.

You are funny. It was me and one other defending a field from this guy and a few others for quite a while. This same pony kept making single passes as we were engaged and then extending for 10 minutes to come back for a another pick pass etc...I was stuck in mid war due to a full MA and was frustrated with the timidity of all those I was encountering..especially this guy. If you knew anything of my tendancies over the last 15 years in the cyberskies you'd know how ridiculous your statements are. I chased him because it was the first time I upped in a pony and matched his e....so he ran. And I chased because i wanted to. And I don't think I wasted my time...I laugh at his style of play is all. As well as your ankle humping uptown. I could care less how many times I die as I'm in it for the fun and the fights. Yes it gets my goat when so many won't fight...but that is the way of the newb...

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 11:27:28 AM »
so i looked back at stats etc.. and it appears trojan wasn't the pony as he didn't fly one last tour in mid war. I did kill his mossie in that little battle however thus the assosiation. My apologies for the errant finger pointing.

You're still a dweeb for flying 30 mins in fighter and the rest in attack. But hey if it gets you dates on ifriends.com or whatever..more power to you!

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
I do think its funny that he called me a cannon dweeb for flying a 110 and hurri, whilst he flew that mossy for most of the tour! If it had been anybody else but Tr0jan had said i would have been offended! <S> ya wanka (heeheehee)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:02:49 PM by coola4me »
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!