Author Topic: Remove damage list  (Read 1003 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Remove damage list
« on: March 07, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »
  Let a wingman look you over to tell you what looks damaged.

~AoM~

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Remove damage list
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 05:26:50 PM »
A wingman cant tell you if your guns are broken and as far as I have been able to tell only missing surfaces show up not bullet holes.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 07:05:26 PM »
  Let a wingman look you over to tell you what looks damaged.
HTC won't take the damage display list away.
Just don't use it and bravo! Wish granted.

-FYB
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 08:51:53 PM »

Accurate damage assessment and quick judgement on one's own condition is also an important pilot skill. Since such indirect traits have never been too emphasized in AH upto date, implementing it into the game can certainly bring on an interesting, immersive factor into the game.

However, as a premise, it would require a significantly more advanced damage modelling in both the actual process of taking on damage, and visual/physical indicators of it. Meaning; more variety of damage situations, and more detailed, accurate portrayal of such damage so the pilot can notice the subtle signatures of each types of damage, and make his judgement on whether to keep on fighting, or return home.

So I support this idea - it's a good one. But it'd probably be only realized when AH makes another big leap in the general DM... so I don't see it happening in the close future. (Ofcourse, HT and Pyto have a bad habit of surprising people.. so who knows? Maybe such upgrades to the game are not so far away)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 12:56:09 AM »
(Ofcourse, HT and Pyto have a good habit of surprising people.. so who knows? Maybe such upgrades to the game are not so far away)

Fixed.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 12:57:56 AM »
it would require a significantly more advanced damage modelling in both the actual process of taking on damage, and visual/physical indicators of it. Meaning; more variety of damage situations, and more detailed, accurate portrayal of such damage so the pilot can notice the subtle signatures of each types of damage, and make his judgement on whether to keep on fighting, or return home.

exactly, without the damage list I wouldn't know the bullet hole in my right wing means my left elevator is gone.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 10:41:38 AM »
The damage model as it sits now is a little wacky, if you get a bullet hole in the right wing gun, your left wing gun stops firing. :confused:
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »
The damage model as it sits now is a little wacky, if you get a bullet hole in the right wing gun, your left wing gun stops firing. :confused:

Just because you see a hole in your right wing doesnt mean damage to any structure (guns, gear, flaps, etc).  Likewise, you can have damage to something and not see anyholes.  Odd, I know. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 12:28:49 PM »
Maybe because the holes are underneath?  :noid
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »

No, he brings up a good point, there are times where you get nailed and there isn't a hole ANYWHERE on your aircraft, othertimes you get hit in the rudder and get a PW...  :lol
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 03:44:09 PM »
No, he brings up a good point, there are times where you get nailed and there isn't a hole ANYWHERE on your aircraft, othertimes you get hit in the rudder and get a PW...  :lol

Exactly.  That one lucky round went right through the rudder, through the fuselage behind the cockpit, through the armor plating, and put a hole in your head.    :)

Now you have brain goop all over your canopy and you cant stay awake.  Bummer.     :frown:
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »

There are no holes underneath.  As far as I can tell, damage showing isn't modeled to the underside.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 06:58:49 AM »
Question Filth, how does my knowing what parts are damaged hurt you?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 08:57:42 AM »
Hello Filth,

I do not see a good reason to remove the damage list.  So I think it should stay as is.

Have a great day,

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »
Bullets should travel all the way through technically.  Although, I think I've seen "exit wounds" on my wings before... Big gaping holes where I can see internals, kind of cool! :P
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D