Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in a few gv tips?  (Read 8892 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Re: Would anyone be interested in a few gv tips?
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2009, 04:23:01 PM »
Not much of a gv'er myself. Pretty much given up with tanks,except the wirbel which i'm reasonably profficient with. If I was to participate in a GV training session,all I would require is how to aim and fire at a variety of ranges and how to hit specific areas on the enemy GV.
Tactics on how to use a tank? I could decide/learn that myself. Teaching how to spawn camp should be tempered with strategies on how to break spawn camping. If you want to learn how to gv i'd expect to learn both. It'd be like tryin to learn to play the piano with your left hand, but not your right.

For starters when you are zoomed in on a target and have your sites where you think the bullet will hit the bad guy, put your cursor on that distance line as a reference.  This will give you a basis for aiming up or down and save time.

2nd depending on what type of tank you are shooting at there are "kill zones" To kill a Tiger-shoot for the turret where it meets the body in a frontal attack, and in the same spot at bottom of turret for a side attack.  For the t34-85 as well as the t34-76-in a frontal attack aim for the bottom of the frontal armor, I like to call it a chin shot, and in attack on the side of t34's try to aim from the center of the tracks to 3/4 up the tracks.  When fighting a m4-firefly-an m4 may seem very intimidating which they are with that big gun, but go for that same kind of "chin shot" i mentioned earlier bottom of front armor and you will get a 1shot kill.  When fighting a Panzer, almost anyplace on a panzer when hit will result in a kill, but you may get a ricochet off of some points in the armor, I aim for the turret.

3rd Whenever possible try to shoot on level ground, shooting crooked may result in missing an easy shot that would have otherwise saved your life.

4th Whenever possible find some sort of dirt mound to park behind, the less of your tank you expose the harder it will be for them to hit you, and also if you park diagonal behind a hill in for example a sherman, most rounds that do hit you will ricochet off of your turret.

5th If your find yourself severely outnumbered supplies can be a lifesaver, a t34-85 parked behind a hill with only the turret exposed is impossible to die in.  The turret on a t34-85 is indestructible, and you will have 8 extra chances at surviving with supplies around.

6th If you find yourself wanting to spawn into a field and discover somebody has it camped, spawn in a perkless ride like a panzer and dont try to shoot first sortie, get into your pintle gun and scan for enemies before starting your engine.  Wait for the camper to fire a round and kill you, "important" make a mental note of where the round came from, now it is your turn.  You spawn in a t34-85 "which has the faster turret in the game" and spin that turret around to where they were sitting, now when they appear blast them and wait for the "you cheated accusations" lol.

7th  If you wish to take out the beast the Tiger, which it is when used properly.  Ask someone if they would mind setting out supplys for you before upping, if no one will run some out yourself before upping the Tiger.  It is important to put the supplys in a spot at least 2,500 yards from the tanks you will be shooting.  I recommend a hilltop, but never park with your Tiger facing downhill, as its turret is very weak, and this exposes you to shots on top of your turret.  At a range of over 2,500 yards, only truly skilled tank drivers will be able to kill you with supplies around.  So have fun putting a Tiger to good use, which isnt often done in Aces High.

Those were my original gv tips...I didnt want to give anyone a reason to argue I dont know how it started.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »
bump

Offline trwagner1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2009, 12:05:59 AM »

Enjoyed this discussion... minus the ones which haven't been on topic.

But, please talk more about angles and what you mean by turning diagonal, etc.  I'm assuming you mean from a defensive action when being shot at.

For killing tanks, I have spent a lot of off-line practice time hitting tanks and it seems to not even be close to on-line.  I can get 1 shot kills all day long from many angles and areas on the drone tanks.  Once I go on-line, I don't see the same results. 

I think I need to see pictures or something on these angles.

The chin shot on a T34, I've personally never been able to do this.  Not sure why, but the rounds usually deflect into the dirt
Retired from flying for now

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2009, 06:49:58 PM »

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »
Bump

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2010, 04:50:27 PM »
Thanks Belial, appreciate the Bump, sure some of the FA guys will as well

<S>

Mbailey
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
To break a spawn camper bring il2.  other planes with eggs are for tards.  also killing tanks without at least 2 werbies around is boring.  Nothing funnier than killing that single tank in middle of werbies.  :)

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2010, 02:15:16 PM »
To break a spawn camper bring il2.  other planes with eggs are for tards. 

Il-2 is as easy mode as dropping eggs is.  :P

The AH gentleman kills tanks in a Hurricane IID   :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman