Author Topic: 3 very important lessons on PC security software  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
Re: 3 very important lessons on PC security software
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2009, 03:14:39 AM »
Setting my browser up to prompt on every single Active X control has equaled zero viruses, malware, spyware, etc. since last fall when I adjusted my settings.  It can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but highly effective.  I don't even have anti-virus installed anymore. 
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2009, 01:28:20 PM »
Setting my browser up to prompt on every single Active X control has equaled zero viruses, malware, spyware, etc. since last fall when I adjusted my settings.  It can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but highly effective.  I don't even have anti-virus installed anymore. 

Or you could just use a better browser with no activex.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »
Or you could just use a better browser with no activex.

The browser is only part of it.  Any application connecting to the Internet is affected by the "Internet Options" settings.  There are many applications that make use of ActiveX controls.

If you leave it at the default settings, it just means another application can thwart the stability of your computer.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com