Author Topic: HOing whinners  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: HOing whinners
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2009, 01:50:39 PM »
k, explained.

Sure.  :)

It takes two to merge, one to HO.    expanded:  It takes to to execute a merge, but only one pilot has to shoot in order to make it a HO. All HO's are merges, not all merges are HO's.

It takes two to make a baby, one to turn it into an abortion.   :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2009, 01:52:57 PM »
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2009, 02:00:54 PM »
Ok, but there are times that two will HO with out merging. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »

Uhhh.. hmmm edumacate me.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2009, 02:05:06 PM »
You mean like a "One Night HO?" where they both just fly straight afterwards and go their separate ways?

Edit: OK, sorry for that one.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 02:06:44 PM by Cthulhu »
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2009, 02:11:26 PM »
You mean like a "One Night HO?" where they both just fly straight afterwards and go their separate ways?

Edit: OK, sorry for that one.

:rofl
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2009, 02:23:49 PM »
  What I meant was when you see someone is on a collision course and you attempt to avoid you will usally see "X has collided with you" and you will recieve the damage not the one who collided.

If you receive damage as you have described above, and don't see ... "You collided with XXX" ... then you took damage from gun fire and not by collision.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2009, 02:29:23 PM »
A week or two ago (in MWA) I dropped on a P-40E climbing out. I had way to much alt and E to I bled it off and had fun flying in formation with him for 45 seconds or so....until the other 4-5 cons coming out of the field ganged me :O. Was fun though while it lasted and a nice change of pace...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »
A week or two ago (in MWA) I dropped on a P-40E climbing out. I had way to much alt and E to I bled it off and had fun flying in formation with him for 45 seconds or so....until the other 4-5 cons coming out of the field ganged me :O. Was fun though while it lasted and a nice change of pace...
Ok, obvious question. During your "bonding" with the P-40, did he know you were there?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2009, 02:37:39 PM »

SNIP   if you are in a moss, 110, 190 or some planes that has heavy amount of 20mm, 30mm, and 37mm MG, you will HO any body. SNIP 

No... not everyone would. Many would rather have a good fight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2009, 02:41:35 PM »
Ok, obvious question. During your "bonding" with the P-40, did he know you were there?

Sure, I'd invited him up to play and didnt get a response since he thought I was in different plane/different place. He saw me coming down but I scrubbed enough E to just tuck in off his wing and more or less stay there...

We (71 SQD) used to do that a fair amount. A few times I've hung on a guy for 2-3 minutes before rolling out and away.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2009, 02:50:03 PM »
To quote Steve  "It takes one to HO, and two to merge". But who gives a squat what he thinks? :lol
I actually think that is a great saying, simple yet so true.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2009, 03:10:07 PM »
We (71 SQD) used to do that a fair amount. A few times I've hung on a guy for 2-3 minutes before rolling out and away.
Guess after a couple minutes he can't exactly claim he didn't see you.  Kinda like the "don't look at the other guy in the elevator" thing.

I actually think that is a great saying, simple yet so true.
Same here, regardless of the source. :D

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »

It takes two to merge, one to HO....   
It takes two to make a baby, one to turn it into an abortion.   :salute

nice one. 

It's really hard to imagine 2 HOers not merging....I mean wouldn't they have to?  I guess unless you believe "merging" in this game is the act of colliding.  Maybe when people go to the DA, they need to refine the words they say when the words "no HO on merge" are said.  Really, it only takes 1 to HO, and that is the guy pulling the trigger.  If both don't, then there is no HO.  If both do, it's a HO....by both parties. 
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2009, 08:46:28 PM »
for some reason I chose to look at this

and I lost 5 minutes of my life that I will never get back
known as Arctic in the main