Author Topic: HOing whinners  (Read 3792 times)

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
Re: HOing whinners
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2009, 12:22:26 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:01:24 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2009, 12:26:03 PM »
See Rule #4

Gee Shreck, what gave you the idea I was talking about you?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:01:39 AM by Skuzzy »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2009, 12:34:35 PM »
Were you talking to shreck?    :rofl  Tis hard for the boy to get Muppets of the mind...I guess. 

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »

Gee steve, what gave you the idea I was talkin about you?   :aok

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 10:02:02 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »
Gee steve, what gave you the idea I was talkin about you?   :aok

You quoted me.... pretty evident, bro.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2009, 02:02:09 PM »
picture this you chasing 2 enemy planes who are of different countries(takes place in tank town) and a third enemy cons comes past them without firing but hits you from your 2 oclock , yes its stupid i could have just pull left and missed(i was hoping he wasnt gunna shoot me but the con who was trailing the guy i was 1v1 at first with) but when i saw the name of the person it made me angry :aok i have hate for hypocrits

Well ... if it was me, then you would have no hate ... because had you done that to me ... I would have been pissed at myself for making a such a stupid assumption and you wouldn't have heard a peep from me.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
If you merge against me and are lazy enough to give me a good front quarter shot on the merge ... I will rake you from stem to stern and not even think about it ... and I would not consider that a HO and definitely not a pick.
Hi slapshot, when merging with another plane eventually one of you will have to turn away a bit to avoid the collison, which would give you a front quarter shot on the guy turning away slightly, would you take that shot?
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2009, 02:37:31 PM »
Stodd shut up and go sell your oxyclean..... Oh BTW please send 10 cases to the 80th. We ran out last week and the ol' 38s are looking a might dirty. I also have a question.... how is oxyclean on bullet holes?

Corkyjr wants to know if you can make a paste of it and make a clean connection for attaching a wing too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2009, 02:38:59 PM »
Hi slapshot, when merging with another plane eventually one of you will have to turn away a bit to avoid the collison, which would give you a front quarter shot on the guy turning away slightly, would you take that shot?

This is completely incorrect. anyone who is merging in such a way as to "force" a HO is doing stuff wrong. Now without doubt a situation can arise where you have a bit of a Mexican standoff however this is more a function of two guys dueling to "3-9 line" rules (which is fine). Now as per the situation above the guy "turning away" is invariably the guy who got around last or elected to pass on a clear FQ shot he had 1st. I've been whacked more then once (well more then 100+) were I've passed on a FQ shot...no ones fault but mine.

The reality is simple FQ geometry is every bit as valid as rear hemisphere shots in a fight between dissimilar plane types or fights that start with a difference in E state or positioning. The thought that you are somehow entitled to a free pass because you were close to getting your nose around is simply misguided. If we both "square out" at 800+ then we have a mexican standoff and I will not take that shot (in fact i'm already maneuvering to get out of plane and get an angular advantage in the hope you want to shoot. However in a situation like you describe 98% of the time its exactly like my picture above.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
That pic would make a nice FAIL poster.

Captioned..... "Trying To Turn With Snaphook "FAIL""

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2009, 03:01:35 PM »
This is completely incorrect. anyone who is merging in such a way as to "force" a HO is doing stuff wrong. Now without doubt a situation can arise where you have a bit of a Mexican standoff however this is more a function of two guys dueling to "3-9 line" rules (which is fine). Now as per the situation above the guy "turning away" is invariably the guy who got around last or elected to pass on a clear FQ shot he had 1st. I've been whacked more then once (well more then 100+) were I've passed on a FQ shot...no ones fault but mine.

The reality is simple FQ geometry is every bit as valid as rear hemisphere shots in a fight between dissimilar plane types or fights that start with a difference in E state or positioning. The thought that you are somehow entitled to a free pass because you were close to getting your nose around is simply misguided. If we both "square out" at 800+ then we have a mexican standoff and I will not take that shot (in fact i'm already maneuvering to get out of plane and get an angular advantage in the hope you want to shoot. However in a situation like you describe 98% of the time its exactly like my picture above.
:rofl You gotta be kidding right? I am completely incorrect?  :rofl I asked a question, how can a question be right or wrong?

Stodd shut up and go sell your oxyclean..... Oh BTW please send 10 cases to the 80th. We ran out last week and the ol' 38s are looking a might dirty. I also have a question.... how is oxyclean on bullet holes?

Corkyjr wants to know if you can make a paste of it and make a clean connection for attaching a wing too.
Oh and shuffler OXYclean works on EVERYTHING...call now and get 5 bottles for JUST 19.99. BUT WAIT, THEIR IS MORE!!! CALL IN THE NEXT 30 SECONDS AND GET AN ADDITIONAL 5 BOTTLES.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2009, 03:27:10 PM »
:rofl You gotta be kidding right? I am completely incorrect?  :rofl I asked a question, how can a question be right or wrong?
when merging with another plane eventually one of you will have to turn away a bit to avoid the collison

That is a factually incorrect assumption. the goal of ACM is to acquire a shot window without exposing yourself to one. As such while it might be correct to stabilize in a "nose to nose" configuration an offset would be required unless the goal was in fact a "head on". If the pilot has established reasonable offsets initially then at no time should he be forced into a "nose to nose" merge in close proximity to his opponent. By managing lift vector, angle off and plane he can maneuver in close proximity to the bogey with out ever presenting a shot window. In effect slapshot wont ever have to "turn away", he may very well force an opponent to chose between evasive action and a front quarter snapshot possibility...that is the objective of the ACM. Either you give up the potential snapshot or you surrender both the initiative and position...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2009, 03:33:46 PM »
That pic would make a nice FAIL poster.

Captioned..... "Trying To Turn With Snaphook "FAIL""

:rofl

If you look at the picture you can see that the flaps are at least 3 notches. Thats the part that baffled me, basically I went "all in" as soon as I saw him trying to go easy on his reverse. I caught him with too much speed to get inside my turn and not enough separation to effectively double Immel me....so he tried to tighten up at the last moment vs going further out of plane to my flight path (correct action IMO) then complained I ruined a "good fight" by HOing him? The reality is he had alt & E and I simply played the hand he dealt me on the merge.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2009, 03:48:29 PM »

If you remember the last times we fought (which were excellent fights I might add), there was never a point where I presented/positioned myself to be anywhere near a collision. I work angles ... and when working angles, putting my plane into a collision path would only mean that I am doing a real crappy job at "angles". If I work the angles correctly, then I will never really have to worry about a collision.

Now, if I didn't work the angles correctly and find myself having to avoid a collision ...then by all means kill me with impunity, because I deserved it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."