Author Topic: We all won the lottery  (Read 1035 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
We all won the lottery
« on: March 20, 2009, 08:04:39 AM »
Just the other week i had a thought. Every human that has ever lived already won the lottery. We all beat millions of other sperm to that egg. The chances of any of us making it first and coming into existance are so fine they compare to winning the jackpot in a lottery draw.

I just thought i would share that.

Of course there is another way of looking at it....we are all the most powerfull, ruthless, selfish and dangerous of a batch of millions of sperm. Seeing as ultimate domination and securing one's own future is the prime goal of life in all forms this seems more likely. It's up to you which version you agree with.

The third and even more likely version which confirms the 'lotto winner' theory is that all the sperm in that batch were equally strong and selfish, but you had the winning ticket.

No, i'm not high, but i may have been when i thought about it.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Re: We all won the lottery
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 08:16:40 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 02:12:39 PM by Skuzzy »

~AoM~

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 09:17:25 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 02:12:49 PM by Skuzzy »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Skyeho

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 09:51:29 AM »
Now thanks to genetic engineering we can soon select the sperm and the egg with the genes WE WANT to merge.  Scary thought!!! :uhoh
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 10:19:43 AM »
I'm leery of participating in this thread because someone had to go and mention the G word...:uhoh
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:00:17 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »
Just the other week i had a thought. Every human that has ever lived already won the lottery. We all beat millions of other sperm to that egg. The chances of any of us making it first and coming into existance are so fine they compare to winning the jackpot in a lottery draw.

Of course there is another way of looking at it....we are all the most powerfull, ruthless, selfish and dangerous of a batch of millions of sperm. Seeing as ultimate domination and securing one's own future is the prime goal of life in all forms this seems more likely. It's up to you which version you agree with.

The third and even more likely version which confirms the 'lotto winner' theory is that all the sperm in that batch were equally strong and selfish, but you had the winning ticket.

Ah,you brits........ so cynical...

BTW you ruined a perfectly good sweatshirt,the wife will never get the coffee stain out! :rofl

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 11:39:19 AM »
I will not enter once the G-word has been used.  Learned my lesson twice already.  Should anyone want to break out a purely fact based philosophical discussion.... I'm in. :aok
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 12:26:46 PM »
My thoughts have nothing to do with religion, i only replied to a theory put forward by filth.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 02:02:29 PM »
Interesting.

So that would mean the other sperm let us win. So surely the sperm that took life when the oppertunity was there, even though it would kill everyone else, was the least compassionate and most self centered.

:lol

Sperm 1 - "After you, kind sir, i'll poke through the next one."

Sperm 2- " Why thank you, don't mind if i do..... by the way, there is no next one, your gonna die sucker!"   Poke.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 02:24:54 PM »

Here's an important consideration that will most probably negate all choices..to wit: Location, location, location.  :cool:

Please pass it around..not accusing, just saying.  :D

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 02:34:27 PM by dentin »
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 02:41:25 PM »
Here's an important consideration that will most probably negate all choices..to wit: Location, location, location.  :cool:

Please pass it around..not accusing, just saying.  :D

:rofl

location.........

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 02:47:11 PM »
On the downside: what are the odds on winning the lottery twice?  :furious
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 11:52:35 PM »
Wow I got a See Rule 14 and dont even know what was bad there. Anyway you could tell me what it was?

~AoM~

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 12:46:02 AM »
ouch Ripley, good point.

slim to none.

Filth we should keep religion off the forum, my mistake sir.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 12:51:16 AM »
Looking at some of the people in here and more so in the Flamewarriors forum, fertilizing the egg was the last thing they have done that had any consequence.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!