Author Topic: Your just a score guy  (Read 1636 times)

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
Re: Your just a score guy
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 07:44:36 PM »

If what I was requesting was an accurate simulation of WWII then I wouldn't be playing this game at all.  All that I am saying is that if we can have a Titanic Tuesday then we can have a mission night where we work together as the ultimate objective.  A true night of country on country vs one or two hot spots for three weeks.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 07:50:13 PM »
Also, to the contrary to the OP...There are quite enough players who cling to safety in numbers (working together/playing strategicly) simply because they do not have the ability, or the desire to learn to play to the main object of the game.  Which is combat between acurately modeled planes and vehicles, and specifically air combat.

Sorry to say, that line of thinking appears to be going in the opposite direction of the developer of AH as cited in the quotes above.

Sorry mate but the name of this game is up as many times as you can to get as many kills in an hour.  so the only thing that needs to be accurately modeled in a furball is planes flying as well as bullets.  And I might not be the best ACM pilot but I'm not bad either.  I know how to find 1 v 1 fights and win the majority of them.  Just saying that this game has become predictable and a minor change like mission night would be nice.  Maybe preferred.  We wont know until its tried.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 07:51:32 PM »
All that I am saying is that if we can have a Titanic Tuesday then we can have a mission night where we work together as the ultimate objective. 

It's already there:  FSO - several hundred players meeting once a week. Teamplay only, squads only, with preflight orders. It's exactly what you are asking for.
Also:
Snapshots - 2 per week.
Scenarios - Large Battles with clearly defined objectives, teamplay, chain of command.

I really don't see the reason to shut down the MA for any of this, unless your goal is to force all players to play that way.

Sorry mate but the name of this game is up as many times as you can to get as many kills in an hour. ed.

No. The MA's are about what you make out of it. You can furball all the time, fly buff missions, grab bases, fly "smart" or "dumb". Wing up with friends & countrymen, or fly lone wolf - all your choice. That's the great thing: all (well, most) styles existing in the same place, offering diversity and enabling most players to switch from style to style just as they like.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:56:17 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 07:52:06 PM »
We wont know until its tried.
It's been tried. With many different variations. It's fun at first, but it gets old. Quick.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 07:55:24 PM »
We wont know until its tried.

Let's see.  I been doing this as a player, or CM, or Trainer since 1996.  If I see something that I already haven't seen tried in one of several WWII flight sims I've been in, I'll let you know.

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 07:55:37 PM »
We make a game around WWII planes and vehicles. We do not try to simulate WWII. Simulation of WWII is one of   CT's goal's.
---snip---

Other wise instead of saying the Preimer WWII combat experiance, we would have said the Preiemer WWII simlation.

isn't that like saying I'm just going to stick the tip in..... :O :devil

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »
You said AH was a WWII simulation three times.  Shall I repost the quotes?  

I've presented evidence showing that assertion is incorrect.

All that I am saying is that if we can have a Titanic Tuesday then we can have a mission night where we work together as the ultimate objective.

Oh, sorry you asked repliers to please read the first post...It said nothing of the sort about "a night a week".  As Lushe pointed out that is already offered in the SEA

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2009, 08:00:24 PM »
AH AH AH I'm not belittling HTC just stating what it is.  WWII simulator not a unreal tournament spawn as much as you can there is no strategy just live and die environment.  There are outlets to do that sorta thing.  There should also be outlets for more realistic game play on a day to day basis.  Heck even once a week its mission night.  Only fly missions.  Kinda argued my way into that, but what about doing that?
:aok

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2009, 08:02:16 PM »
Which is why I made the previous post "Mission night".  There are outlets for quickies (which you quoted) like the DA.  There should be the TT and three air fields for the quick instant action guys who only want to or have time to be emerged in a furball or spawn camp and get 1000 GV kills in a tour.  There should also be a full capacity; mission oriented arena for the "there's allot of them" people who want a challenge and not the aforementioned turkey shoot unreal tourney game play.  FSO and snap shots and scenarios are not full capacity game play events.  Meaning you cant choose your plane and load out, nor can you go to any field you want.   The "Theres allot of them" folks would like this option.  The option of plane set, load out and only to work as a team.  If they don't like one mission they can choose from another or they can fly with their squad and they can do any thing they want.  The key is that they have to do it together. Thanks for helping me clarify my original suggestion.  No I'm not being cheeky.  :salute

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »
As Lushe pointed out that is already offered in the SEA
Yo.  That sentence indicated I already read the posts that you are reposting. :rolleyes The previous sentence in the quote pointed out that's not really "all you were asking for".

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2009, 08:08:53 PM »
Join one of the large base taking squads and you will get everything you're asking for. Problem solved.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2009, 08:10:27 PM »
There are outlets for quickies (which you quoted) like the DA.

LOL.  They always resort to that..."play my way or go play somewhere else".

Join one of the large base taking squads and you will get everything you're asking for. Problem solved.

Yea, no kidding.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2009, 08:12:26 PM »
toetag those posts that you quoted yourself with are no where near the original post. that first one is from teh second page.  :rofl
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2009, 08:14:21 PM »
Change perks and get rid of score. Make missions somewhat mandatory.

Making missions mandatory is a stupid idea.  Some don't have the time or patience to wait until a mission is created or starts, you'll lose a large subscriber base by chasing away the more casual subscriber.  Changing perks to what effect?  The way perk work now is not an issue at all, the only issue with perks is that we need more things to spend them on, like a perked ordnance system.  Getting rid of score while keeping rank is self-defeating.  Do you honestly think that by getting rid of score you'll eliminate the score potatos?  You won't.

_score guys no longer matter / change it to rank= It resets every tour
Like I pointed out in my above comment, removing score won't eliminate what you want it to.  People will do the same to get a high rank.

_You achieve a certain rank you get to fly better aircraft and drive better vehicles.

You want scores eliminated to stop 'score whoring' but want better planes and vehicles as  you gain rank.  I hope you're not naive enough to think that people won't so the same things they do know to score potato to achieve a high rank?

_Change perks from a number to the amount of lone wolf sorties you can fly. (exception...Gv's and attack mode base defense)
Driving off a significant amount of your subscribers is not a very good idea.  If someone doesn't want to fly a mission or with anyone else, there is no reason why they should be forced to.

meaning you fly "X" amount of missions (whether started or joined) and you get a lone wolf sortie. (Fighter mode)
_missions completed increases your rank
_missions landed increases you rank
Why?  =score guys no longer matter

No, but their behavior is still the same.  All you do with this idea is promote timid flying.

makes the game better by making players learn the game and how to play it strategically.(together)
Makes the game closer to real world war II tactics and forces people to help friendlies more.
Makes the players better by making them progress through the different types of aircraft to achieve rank.
Takes away the picking ponies because they are flying with others.  They have to work together.
creates multiple hot spots instead of TT or A1 being the only action for an entire tour.
newer players would be flying along side more experienced players helping them to become better players.

It does none of the above things you listed.

• Forcing players to do what they don't want will only drive them away from the game.  It will not promote learning or anything else you mentioned.
  • This isn't a WW2 simulator nor is the goal to recreate WW2.  It is a game built around aerial and ground vehicle combat using WW2 warbirds and vehicles.  Last time I checked, Knights, Rooks nor the Bishops were part of the Allies or Axis.
  • Again, forcing someone to fly what they don't want to fly is just another way of driving players away.
  • With your proposed 'rank' system, it will promote and reward the players you described.  You'll see far more timid game play with your 'rank' suggestion than what we currently have.
  • It will not create new 'hot spots' for actions.
  • New players are already flying along experienced players and if they are smart, they would pay attention or ask questions.  Nothing is stopping them from doing that now, so your last point is rather moot.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2009, 08:20:40 PM »
toetag those posts that you quoted yourself with are no where near the original post. that first one is from teh second page.  :rofl

Yea kinda the point behind posting them when I said "I kinda argued myself into this"