Author Topic: Sonderkommando "ELBE" Bf 109 skin  (Read 8451 times)

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: Sonderkommando "ELBE" Bf 109 skin
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 05:36:49 PM »
you have any historical photos?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 06:16:49 PM »
If this gets in do we get perkies for colliding with the bombers? That was this units ACM of choice.

Did a quick search for pictures of their aircraft didn't find much. I did, however, run across this snippet on another board and thought it was interesting.

It was in reference to the Dogfights episode on the Sonderkommando Elbe

Postby Ludwig on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:45 am
First, it vas an insulted to build this program for kinder of der German Luftwaffe and das Amerikaner bomber groups.
My cousin Luther was das pilot who crashed three Amerikaner bombers with his tactic of 'clipping' der tails mit propeller, zen attacking next bomber. He then returned his attack using propeller to clip das bomber rudders.
After crashing thirds bomber he lost der control and his ME-109 starts fall aparts.
He body vas smashed much and he spent life in das wheelchairs.
He affirmed many times units were not called Sonderkommando vhich vas name puts on Judan who worked over other Judan in der kamps.
Units were called KommandoZursee...much differ from history reports.
I apologizes to kinder of all involved. Butts these meine vere not suicide peoples like kamikazi japanese.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:41:43 PM by Lye-El »

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 06:17:07 PM »
No screenshots, last time i got many negative comments, like i was pretending to be some kind of pro in the domain, ppl forgot that in 8 days created a skin from 0, with no previous photo editing abilities. I saw so many poor worked/quality skins in the game, skins that as a final product came worst than my skin...but...still.... i created a chit/crap skin....so no screanshots, you will see it in-game. I want to ask your oppinion about the skin's general looks, if you like it, i personaly like simple skins, either black or dark colours to dominate.
Generally people post here for criticism so that they can fix errors and whatnot. Generally the people who comment understand that and thus try to help... That's actually kind of the point in posting your skins here.
It's what should be not only expected but appreciated.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 06:25:22 PM »
Lye el...thought that was the German Kamikazzi version.

I dont think they allow kamikazzi skins in the game. but dont hold me against it

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 06:26:32 PM »

I dont think they allow kamikazzi skins in the game. but dont hold me against it

Sonderkommando Elbe WAS the German Kamikaze operation
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 06:27:07 PM »
Sonderkommando Elbe was the German ramming unit featured in Dogfights, a la the screencaps at the top of the page.

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »
they will accept it in the game...i don't see why not
the plane saw action, i will not crash it in anything = will not use it like it was used in ww2. i just want the skin on that plane and the plane+that skin in the game.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »

See my edited post.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Klauss

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 06:47:25 PM »
So....do you like the skin? thumbs up?down? When I do a skin i do it for myself but i want to know what others think of it since it does take a slot in the limited skin slots for each plane...

Skin= the general/overall looks...simple skin with yellow/black nose....

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 07:00:47 PM »
No Klauss.  You do not want to know if we like the skin or not.  We have already told you that you have provided nothing to show that this scheme actually existed historically.  We do not doubt the unit.  The paint-job is the question.  You say that you skin for yourself.  We all do that in here.  We do take requests from time to time but all in all we skin for selfish reasons.  I cannot understand why you do not get that you are providing ZERO information showing this paint scheme is authentic.  Yet you want us to say, yea man, we love it.  You are never going to get a skin past Skuzzy without something...ANYTHING...showin g the paint is real.

I could care less if it were a pink 109k.  Show me it existed in the color you reference and I'm all about it. 

ReDhAwK
C.O.
The Aggressors

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 07:04:49 PM »
they will accept it in the game...i don't see why not
A)The autocannon was removed (and IIRC the armor as well, or the armor was increased) because of weight... these are modifications that would potentially cause HTC to reject the skin, if they don't just because it was from Sdko Elbe.
B) It's not a real plane. The 3D model looks weird in the first place (beside the fact that the shape of the ETC 503 rack is completely inaccurate)... it's a G14/AS with a short type v-stab/rudder. I'm not going to say for certain that such an aircraft never existed, but I've never seen one, and it seems unlikely to me. Also, the skin itself is very unlikely. It looks like they just came up with something that would look good.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 07:10:39 PM by Motherland »

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »
I though that name sounded familar.  :lol
Strokes

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »
So....do you like the skin? thumbs up?down? When I do a skin i do it for myself but i want to know what others think of it since it does take a slot in the limited skin slots for each plane...

Skin= the general/overall looks...simple skin with yellow/black nose....

Thumbs down because we are seeing no historical photos to back up the skin.  You aren't clear if it's a G6 or a K4.  Tough to have a photo of a single bird that is two different versions :)  Do you want some help seeing if we can track down an actual Sonderkommando Elbe 109 that can be supported with more then a TV show image?  I'm not sure I have any, but I'm willing to look.  I believe there are some dedicated 109 guys around who might have some info as well.

But it would be pointless to submit this particular skin as HTC wants to know it's historically accurate and you have nothing to support that.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 10:09:01 PM »
I'm in agreement with Guppy and Redhawk.

Basically you're wasting our time and skinning inferior skins based off of little-to-no actual references, and then posting about a skin you know will get criticism, so you're not showing us screenshots? It's like you're having fun at the community's expense.

I think I've got about 30 skins in this game. I can say I'm decent (not the best). My first 2 skins were rejected flat out. I know what it's like to start out in this stuff. The problem is you need to go back and rework something "here" or "there" but instead of even daring to see if there is anything wrong, you hide your skin away.

Frankly: If you're too ashamed to have your skin see the light of day, why did you skin it in the first place? Start with showing WHAT you will skin first, in the forums, and if you don't have any info on it, ASK. Once you're sure the skin is valid and worthy of being in-game, then proceed. Show progress, even if you KNOW you're not done, put up a screenshot or two (just for the fun of it). Keep working on it until you're HAPPY to show others in the community your screenshots. Then when you're TOTALLY DONE, step away from it for a full week. Not 3 days. Not 5 days. A week. Don't even look at it. Come back and start over. Look at your detail layers, your weathering, the final in-game product, and make some changes. Then step away from it for ANOTHER week. When you no longer see any changes you want to make with your "fresh eyes" ask the community. Some suggestions are subjective, but some are quite eye-opening, and you realize you've missed something important.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 10:29:42 PM »
Then when you're TOTALLY DONE, step away from it for a full week. Not 3 days. Not 5 days. A week. Don't even look at it. Come back and start over. Look at your detail layers, your weathering, the final in-game product, and make some changes. Then step away from it for ANOTHER week. When you no longer see any changes you want to make with your "fresh eyes" ask the community. Some suggestions are subjective, but some are quite eye-opening, and you realize you've missed something important.
I've never seen this suggested before... I do it, unintentionally however. But I do find that if I drag out the process I sometimes look at things differently and see things that I didn't see before.

Procrastination makes perfect, as is in my sig :D