Author Topic: Goin to Afghanistan  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Re: Goin to Afghanistan
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 08:59:12 AM »
lol opsec pew gone
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »

Army Regulation 530–1
Effective 20 April 2007

Chapter 2
Responsibilities

2–1. All Army personnel
Operations security is everyone’s responsibility. Failure to properly implement OPSEC measures can result in serious
injury or death to our personnel, damage to weapons systems, equipment and facilities, loss of sensitive technologies
and mission failure. OPSEC is a continuous process and an inherent part of military culture and as such, must be fully
integrated into the execution of all Army operations and supporting activities. All Department of the Army (DA)
personnel (active component, reserve component to include U.S. Army Reserve, Army National Guard, and DA
civilians), and DOD contractors will—

f. Know who their unit, activity, or installation OPSEC Officer is and contact them for questions, concerns, or
recommendations for OPSEC-related topics.
g. Consult with their immediate supervisor and their OPSEC Officer for an OPSEC review prior to publishing or
posting information in a public forum.
(1) This includes, but is not limited to letters, resumes, articles for publication, electronic mail (e-mail), Web site
postings, web log (blog) postings, discussion in Internet information forums, discussion in Internet message boards or
other forms of dissemination or documentation.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:21:22 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 09:14:55 AM »
Keep your head down! :salute

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline brad13

• Copper Member
      • Hovercontrol
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 09:31:13 AM »
Holy cow. You guys are rediculous. First of all thank you to those of you supporting me.! And yes I'm in the national guard it's not the friggin CIA. If I wasn't able to release that info I wouldn't even be on here posting this. I think it's just sickining that I come on here to say goodbye to y'all and I get flamed. But again thank you to those of you here who do support me and sent your goodbyes back.
"The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down."-Manfred Von Richthofen

Check out: Hovercontrol.com

Offline angels10

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 09:31:30 AM »
 :salute

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 09:32:27 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 03:22:03 PM by Skuzzy »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline brad13

• Copper Member
      • Hovercontrol
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 09:38:23 AM »
Whatever I'm done with ah. It was a fun time. <S>
"The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down."-Manfred Von Richthofen

Check out: Hovercontrol.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 03:22:39 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 09:46:23 AM »
<S>Brad, stay safe.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 09:53:23 AM »
Holy cow. You guys are rediculous. First of all thank you to those of you supporting me.! And yes I'm in the national guard it's not the friggin CIA. If I wasn't able to release that info I wouldn't even be on here posting this. I think it's just sickining that I come on here to say goodbye to y'all and I get flamed. But again thank you to those of you here who do support me and sent your goodbyes back.

Brad, everyone wishes you well. We wish you a safe tour and hope to see you back in the game.

Just remember not to post specific deployment dates. A young man in my son-in-law's Guard unit was slapped with an Article 92 for posting his unit's movement schedule on his MySpace page. He was fortunate to walk away with just a reprimand.

Be careful over there..

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 09:55:03 AM »
Yeah stay safe. Its going to get warm in Afghanistan this year.

Nothing wrong with this. If you posted your specific unit, unit strength, and/or exact destination it would be different. We've had far worse in the forum before. One Kid posted about the TS material he was guarding, and where.

Besides our Afghanistan deployments are already posted all over the web already by official news outlets and/or military web sights. The enemy can already peruse potential future targets using Google Earth.

Ciaphas are you a Vet ?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 09:59:20 AM »
I'm in my 12th year in the military. I've been deployed more times than I care to count and have served in over 12% of the worlds countries.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2009, 10:11:15 AM »
He did not give units, dates, AO or any other specifics, just that he was leaving soon.  The things he stated can be found (with more details) just by a simple google.  In other words, back off the kid Jack, he was just saying bye.  He was vague enough to not violate any OPSEC.  Deployments are a matter of public record, hardly a secret.  You should know that.  But if you want to debate OPSEC, deployments and length of service, bring it.  The kid did nothing wrong here and many other fellas have posted similar goodbyes here for years without you getting your panties in a bunch.

:salute Brad
Be safe
Been there, done that.
Hooah.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 10:12:59 AM »
I'm in my 12th year in the military. I've been deployed more times than I care to count and have served in over 12% of the worlds countries.

"Yes" would have been sufficient. "I'm in the active service". Then maybe you should have a better feel for whats an OPSEC violation and what isn't.

If it was me I'd have sent him a PM instead of insulting him and his unit in open forum. That tells me a lot about you...Hero.

Dont expect me to go on with this thread. It wasn't mine to begin with and the man was just saying goodby. A bullet or bomb in Afghanistan wont care what percentage of the worlds countries you've served in to kill you.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2009, 10:13:42 AM »
I hope your tour goes well Brad be careful.

Pipz
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!