Author Topic: Goin to Afghanistan  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: Goin to Afghanistan
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2009, 03:20:29 PM »
Ciaphas, as an ex-military man myself I'm ashamed of your attitude and the way you're handling things. This is very unprofessional!!!

You're right I was unprofessional and so is the person withholding information that was so important and allowing this thread to get to the state that it currently is.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2009, 03:22:24 PM »
Yes your one of those we used to call Military Clowns. Five minutes in and know more than anyone else wtg hero. Nobody said what Brad did was right but how you went about it is making you look like an idiot. Sit back and think about it and you should see that how you conduct your affairs in public reflect back on you and your service, yes he did wrong but so did you in your methods.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2009, 03:28:15 PM »
You're right I did handle wrong but that is what happens when someone feels so passionately about something, isn't it?. I'm not trying to dodge that fact. I am far from a clown and I have been in a bit longer than you think if you are referring to me as one of those that has been in for 5 minutes but you will always fall back on that statement. I'm not sure where you draw your basis from but I guess if it helps you get through the day...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:30:21 PM by Ciaphas »

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2009, 03:32:38 PM »
Only a "rat" would call a guys C/O over somthing this trivial in an attempt to hurt him. Out of what was a "goodby/Godspeed thread".

Thats "R"-"A"-"T". RAT!

Plus RAT never did post his own unit or specialty.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2009, 03:34:10 PM »
Yes you said you have done 12 years service.
Why not just let this entire episode drop, Brad made a mistake you made a mistake and we are supposed to play this game to have fun. Not that it is likely but if we ever meet I would buy both of you guys a drink and then let you buy me a coffee then we could sit down and talk about AH and the things we all got up to during our military careers.
Best wishes to both of you <S>

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2009, 03:39:04 PM »
@ Rich46yo- What, are we in High School? My methods aside I think most people in this thread can realize the problems that could have evolved if this information was not cleared for public decimation.

Xbrit- I thought it was over after page 5.

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »
You're right I did handle wrong but that is what happens when someone feels so passionately about something, isn't it?

Then apologize for the childish way you presented your opinion and move on.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »
I will to those that matter but that is none of your concern.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2009, 03:42:06 PM »
While we're on the topic of military...Here's one thing I don't like:

I don't like how some of those that serve or have served like to go about doing whatever they want to do or say whatever they want to say because "if it wasn't for them" our country would be screwed.  I see people on these boards before who have been a complete love muffin (not only Ciaphis) and when everyone gets angry they always throw in the "I've served X amount of years for this country, you should respect me."  We respect your service, yes.  But we don't respect your character.  Those who served and are serving deserve a lot of respect, no matter what branch of military they are in.  But it's those that throw out their serving history in context that looks like they are just wanting more attention and another pat on the back is what kills me.

This is coming from a young adult who has not served, but I have a LOT of respect to those serving or those who have served.

-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2009, 03:46:22 PM »
Decimation is the drawing of lots and subsequent execution of 1 in every 10 legionaries.

Dissemination is the spreading of information.

They are not really interchangeable words. Sorry for the interruption, that just annoyed me, seeing it repeatedly from a military expert.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2009, 03:59:11 PM »
yeah I realized the dissemination error that I made...

I've served X amount of years for this country, you should respect me

I've never demanded respect from others as respect is earned and not given. Many may think that I'm way off base in my argument and I agree that I was off base with my methods but not the argument. There is a difference.

:aok

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2009, 04:02:10 PM »
I will to those that matter but that is none of your concern.

You made it everyone's concern by posting in a public forum.

So you will publicly behave rudely and childishly towards someone, but lack the guts to apologize in the same context.

Says a bit about your character, don't ya think?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2009, 04:05:35 PM »
I have already sent the apology but if me psoting it here helps you sleep at night then so be it...

Brad,

Listen man there are no hard feelings as I wish you the best of luck and speedy return. I hope you understand my position concerning that thread. I take the military seriously and when I see something that is odd or out of place I speak up. I'm sorry for my NG comments but they were not meant to be condescending and if you took them that way I am truly sorry. One thing I can say about that thread is you see where a lot of people's ideology lays concerning topics that are as serious as this one. You and I should know the serious nature of it.  There are to many <insert token title> on the internet that are just waiting for that type of information and with this game being as world wide as it is you can never be to safe with the information that you present.

Good luck man!

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2009, 04:10:38 PM »
I have already sent the apology but if me psoting it here helps you sleep at night then so be it...

:aok

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2009, 04:11:41 PM »
I just hope everyone can look past the methods and see that this was started in good faith with nothing but good intentions but as with everythign I do it turned south and hit the ground like my toon ride often does.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:20:26 PM by Ciaphas »