Author Topic: Question : Vista 64 & Sound recording software  (Read 148 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Question : Vista 64 & Sound recording software
« on: April 15, 2009, 03:20:58 PM »
So my kid got a sound recording thingy offered by grand parents. It's a M-Audio Fast Track Pro that came with Pro Tools 7.4

The problem is that my kid's laptop has Vista 64, and FTP box, and PT7.4 are Vista 32 type. I did install a 64 beta driver for FTP to get the box recognized, but I'm out of luck for runing PT7.4

What the heck is Vista 64 vs 32 anyway? I'll buy a new laptop soon for myself, which one should I get V32 or V64? Which one will run more stuff?

:confused:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Question : Vista 64 & Sound recording software
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 03:26:42 PM »
So my kid got a sound recording thingy offered by grand parents. It's a M-Audio Fast Track Pro that came with Pro Tools 7.4

The problem is that my kid's laptop has Vista 64, and FTP box, and PT7.4 are Vista 32 type. I did install a 64 beta driver for FTP to get the box recognized, but I'm out of luck for runing PT7.4

What the heck is Vista 64 vs 32 anyway? I'll buy a new laptop soon for myself, which one should I get V32 or V64? Which one will run more stuff?

:confused:

32 vs 64-bit os.. With 32-bits you get more compatability to old software but get limited to 4 Gb total system ram. With 64bits you get practically unlimited ram but several compatability problems with it. Basically only if you run some latest heavy applications that require insane amounts of ram you should use 64-bit os.

If you play games / play music etc. XP32 is still by far the best option. Even Vista32-bits is better than 64 compatability wise.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Re: Question : Vista 64 & Sound recording software
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »
 :aok Thx, makes sense.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------