Author Topic: 10 years later,Columbine High School massacre  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: 10 years later,Columbine High School massacre
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 07:28:07 AM »
That's a high horse there, Serenity. 

If you really belong to the educational elite, you'll do just fine, even with the classroom distractions.  Point in fact, by forcing you to rely on self-study more than teacher interaction, the screw ups might just be doing you a huge favor.  Once you get past your second year in college, you'll realize that you've spent the past six years learning all these different things, and will spend the next 2+ learning why they're all full of it.  Consider yourself lucky to get a head start.

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »
That's a high horse there, Serenity. 

If you really belong to the educational elite, you'll do just fine, even with the classroom distractions.  Point in fact, by forcing you to rely on self-study more than teacher interaction, the screw ups might just be doing you a huge favor.  Once you get past your second year in college, you'll realize that you've spent the past six years learning all these different things, and will spend the next 2+ learning why they're all full of it.  Consider yourself lucky to get a head start.

Oh, it doesn't hurt my grades, I still get straight As, it just annoys the hell out of me hearing them for two hours a day.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 07:31:51 AM »
Oh, it doesn't hurt my grades, I still get straight As, it just annoys the hell out of me hearing them for two hours a day.

Um...  You DO realize who goes on to employ many of those types of former high school kids, right? 
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 07:35:49 AM »
Um...  You DO realize who goes on to employ many of those types of former high school kids, right? 

Unfortunately, yes :(

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 11:19:50 AM »
I never suffered from bullying (I made it perfectly clear when I was very young that I would fight back twice as hard against anyone who even thought of pushing me around) but I truly feel the effects of schools forcing incompatable people together. My school is slowly removing the track system (We have AP, Honors, X, Y, Z, PINS, and SpEd; in that order from most intelligent to least intelligent. Most classes are not available in AP or Honors, and AP is only available to Seniors, unless you're like me and you can secure a waiver) and several of my classes over the last year have not been homogenous. That is to say, there were no levels, all students were put together. I am in every AP class I can take, every Honors class I can take, and for the few classes that don't offer those two, I am in X. I am smart. And nothing is more infuriating than being stuck with people who are only above Special Ed by less than a percentage point in their GPA. My Honors classes and AP classes are a dream. People listen to the teacher, work gets done, people can focus... Whereas my non-homogenous classes (This year I only have two, and I am the TA for one so I MAKE the kids listen) are absolute hell. The students control the teacher with threats and intimidation. People are always shouting, throwing things, being loud, obnoxious, making it impossible to do anything... More than once I have seriously considered just standing up and beating the crap out of some of the kids who refuse to shut up. Nothing makes me angrier than stupid people.

Disclaimer: I make a distinction between stupid people, and people who lack intelligence. People who lack intelligence are willing to learn, and should be helped to learn. Stupid people refuse to learn, and thus should be removed from society by any means necessary.

I'm sorry this is just rude, we're discussing columbine, people died, I don't think your situation is really that relevant. Kids are kids, deal with it, you're a kid, have some fun yourself, you sound like an old man.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 11:36:01 AM »
well, let not attack them.  Granted it is sad that it happen, but there are some students that push them too.

oak, i dont know if you knew or not, they had a hit list, not ONE kid on that list was killed, they were all innocent kids

and serenity, i totally agree, i dont take anything, there is a reason i had been in over 10 fights in less then 2 years lol, all of which the kid never said a word to me after that  :D

-BigBOBCH
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:38:11 AM by redman555 »
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »
---
Thoughts on Juvenile Delinquency by Robert A. Heinlein
From Starship Troopers, pp 139-147

Very cool.

Offline MstWntd

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »
I never suffered from bullying (I made it perfectly clear when I was very young that I would fight back twice as hard against anyone who even thought of pushing me around)

Same with me.  I'm no big kid, I'm actually pretty scrawny for most kids in my school, but I an an outdoorsman. I cut, stack, split, wood. I use the chainsaw almost daily. I lift weights daily, I do exercises daily. I've only been in a couple fights, but both times the kid thought he had the easy out on me, but he learned he was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I don't like fighting but like Serenity, I do make it clear I can and will fight you if you started to mess with me.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 01:35:29 PM »
Die Hard...great read.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »
Disclaimer: I make a distinction between stupid people, and people who lack intelligence. People who lack intelligence are willing to learn, and should be helped to learn. Stupid people refuse to learn, and thus should be removed from society by any means necessary.
Wow...to a stupid person with a gun and a grudge you might just make a satisfying target.  Once you start talking about eliminating any class of people by any means necessary then you are painting a bright red bulls-eye on you forehead.  Might want to tone that rhetoric down. 

For what its worth: Well educated people that flaunt their intelligence and then use that as a platform to espouse their superiority over less educated people tend to be categorized by the inferior classes as intellectuals.  You know what inferior people like Hitler and Stalin...Pol Pot did with their societies class of intellectuals?

They wiped them out. 

Sometimes it is better to just play dumb.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 03:05:49 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 02:52:58 PM »
Die Hard:

What people will *really* be wondering in the future is why our most thought-provoking philosophers were all writing in fiction considered for "geeks" only...
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 03:27:04 PM »
The answer lies in yeager's post BnZ, the select audiance must be found or the material could be a threat to the philosopher's life. Intelligence is not the crime itself, but thinking your intelligence makes you more worthy in some way is certainly a nest that breeds hatred amoung the powerfull leaders and weak minded alike. To view intelligence as a gift and a duty is fine, to use it for the good of others is surely a good thing, but never believe it is a prerequisite of life, it is merely an addition and often a curse.

Heinlein was not saying anything particularly offensive or life changing, but in his time things were even more subtle. Freedom of speach is not a state we exist in currently but an ideal we are working towards slowly.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 03:35:07 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 03:43:35 PM »
Too bad their so called parents did not well parent. I will not stand up for weak minded individuals like these 2 murdering pieces of trash. I can say that their parents would not be here today had one of the innocent kids killed that day been mine. Yes, I can be pushed to kill too... but not by calling me names.

totally agree shuffler, if i had to, i would kill someone, but not over someone makin fun of me, thats what your fist is for

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 04:06:41 PM »
http://www.slate.com/id/2099203/

But the FBI and its team of psychiatrists and psychologists have reached an entirely different conclusion.

School shooters tend to act impulsively and attack the targets of their rage: students and faculty. But Harris and Klebold planned for a year and dreamed much bigger. The school served as means to a grander end, to terrorize the entire nation by attacking a symbol of American life. Their slaughter was aimed at students and teachers, but it was not motivated by resentment of them in particular. Students and teachers were just convenient quarry, what Timothy McVeigh described as "collateral damage."

School shooters tend to act impulsively and attack the targets of their rage: students and faculty. But Harris and Klebold planned for a year and dreamed much bigger. The school served as means to a grander end, to terrorize the entire nation by attacking a symbol of American life. Their slaughter was aimed at students and teachers, but it was not motivated by resentment of them in particular. Students and teachers were just convenient quarry, what Timothy McVeigh described as "collateral damage."

The killers, in fact, laughed at petty school shooters. They bragged about dwarfing the carnage of the Oklahoma City bombing and originally scheduled their bloody performance for its anniversary. Klebold boasted on video about inflicting "the most deaths in U.S. history." Columbine was intended not primarily as a shooting at all, but as a bombing on a massive scale. If they hadn't been so bad at wiring the timers, the propane bombs they set in the cafeteria would have wiped out 600 people. After those bombs went off, they planned to gun down fleeing survivors. An explosive third act would follow, when their cars, packed with still more bombs, would rip through still more crowds, presumably of survivors, rescue workers, and reporters. The climax would be captured on live television. It wasn't just "fame" they were after—Agent Fuselier bristles at that trivializing term—they were gunning for devastating infamy on the historical scale of an Attila the Hun. Their vision was to create a nightmare so devastating and apocalyptic that the entire world would shudder at their power.

He is disgusted with the morons around him. These are not the rantings of an angry young man, picked on by jocks until he's not going to take it anymore. These are the rantings of someone with a messianic-grade superiority complex, out to punish the entire human race for its appalling inferiority. It may look like hate, but "It's more about demeaning other people," says Hare.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 04:27:19 PM »
When the families have passed a few generations and the need remember Columbine personally evaprotes I hope the world can forget it.

Otherwise we give them the history book entry they wanted.