Author Topic: 10 years later,Columbine High School massacre  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: 10 years later,Columbine High School massacre
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 04:42:26 PM »
I'm sorry this is just rude, we're discussing columbine, people died, I don't think your situation is really that relevant. Kids are kids, deal with it, you're a kid, have some fun yourself, you sound like an old man.

I am just agreeing that forcing people who are obviously incompatible together has negative connotations.

Wow...to a stupid person with a gun and a grudge you might just make a satisfying target.  Once you start talking about eliminating any class of people by any means necessary then you are painting a bright red bulls-eye on you forehead.  Might want to tone that rhetoric down. 

For what its worth: Well educated people that flaunt their intelligence and then use that as a platform to espouse their superiority over less educated people tend to be categorized by the inferior classes as intellectuals.  You know what inferior people like Hitler and Stalin...Pol Pot did with their societies class of intellectuals?

They wiped them out. 

Sometimes it is better to just play dumb.

Yeager, just for being white over here I am an incredibly satisfying target for anyone barring a military brat. But if you really read what you quoted, I know not everyone is born smart. If someone is willing to learn I will bend over backwards to help them learn. The people I call stupid are those who know nothing and refuse any help to learn. The people who cannot listen to teachers, who refuse to do the work, who get straight Fs and are proud of it, and who try to drag the rest of the school down with them. I'm a target. The color of my skin makes me a target. The fact that I like proper grammar and don't speak pidgin makes me a target. The fact that I never have and never will assimilate with local culture makes me a target. The fact that I stand up to bullies and never, ever take it lying down makes me a target. I've been a target all my life, and I don't expect it to change until I am in a different part of the world. And even then there will be someone who just doesn't like me. But it's life. I'm happy with who I am, I am happy with who my friends are, and if someone does come in to school and try to blow my brains out, at least I can take solace in knowing I went out for being honest, not for hiding what I think and feel.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2009, 05:54:49 PM »
Die Hard:

What people will *really* be wondering in the future is why our most thought-provoking philosophers were all writing in fiction considered for "geeks" only...

lol, yeah. The irony...
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2009, 06:15:17 PM »
I am just agreeing that forcing people who are obviously incompatible together has negative connotations.

Yeager, just for being white over here I am an incredibly satisfying target for anyone barring a military brat. But if you really read what you quoted, I know not everyone is born smart. If someone is willing to learn I will bend over backwards to help them learn. The people I call stupid are those who know nothing and refuse any help to learn. The people who cannot listen to teachers, who refuse to do the work, who get straight Fs and are proud of it, and who try to drag the rest of the school down with them. I'm a target. The color of my skin makes me a target. The fact that I like proper grammar and don't speak pidgin makes me a target. The fact that I never have and never will assimilate with local culture makes me a target. The fact that I stand up to bullies and never, ever take it lying down makes me a target. I've been a target all my life, and I don't expect it to change until I am in a different part of the world. And even then there will be someone who just doesn't like me. But it's life. I'm happy with who I am, I am happy with who my friends are, and if someone does come in to school and try to blow my brains out, at least I can take solace in knowing I went out for being honest, not for hiding what I think and feel.

You're a "target" because you choose to be.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 06:34:34 PM »
no he is a target because THEY choose him to be. ;)
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 06:37:45 PM »
You're a "target" because you don't change who you are out of fear of being a target.  

Fixed.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »
no he is a target because THEY choose him to be. ;)

Incorrect.   He is choosing to be reclusive and confrontational, but wishes to "blame others for their burdens in life", instead of realizing he's no better.  

But his bravado is funny considering a certain thread about a year ago in which he "later recanted".   This is the "unspoken irony" of it all.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »
Intelligence is not the crime itself, but thinking your intelligence makes you more worthy in some way is certainly a nest that breeds hatred amoung the powerfull leaders and weak minded alike. To view intelligence as a gift and a duty is fine, to use it for the good of others is surely a good thing, but never believe it is a prerequisite of life, it is merely an addition and often a curse.

The inverse relationship between average I.Q. and crime rate tracks pretty well. For every "Hannibal Lecter" there are a thousand who themselves don't really understand why they killed the MoFo, and got caught because they told everyone who would listen about killing the MoFo, etc.  :D
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
Yeager, just for being white over here I am an incredibly satisfying target for anyone barring a military brat.
Well, you are definitely in a situation that sounds a lot different from my own experience in US public education 25+ years ago (although we definitely had those who absolutely could not care any less than they did about their own education).  Life has a way of balancing these things out in the long term.  Good luck and keep a low profile...be smart about it. Don't let the bastards corner you and just graduate the hell out of there.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 06:45:47 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:51:47 PM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 06:48:10 PM »
Is that relationship not manifested by the fact that smart crimes are not being discovered or recorded nearly as often?   :noid
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2009, 06:49:31 PM »
Incorrect.   He is choosing to be reclusive and confrontational, but wishes to "blame others for their burdens in life", instead of realizing he's no better.  

But his bravado is funny considering a certain thread about a year ago in which he "later recanted".   This is the "unspoken irony" of it all.  

Firstly, and foremost, I recanted NOTHING. The ONLY thing I will ever take back about that particular conversation was the immaturity I displayed in letting you all get to me. And that is ALL I will say on that. I will NOT be pulled into that again.

Secondly, I am not reclusive at all. I have my friends, and I'm actually quite out-going. I simply do not interact much with the local group. They're not my kind of people. My friends are usually military brats and mainland kids. I will admit, I am confrontational, very much so. How am I no better than those I complain about? I do not go out of my way to make peoples lives more difficult... I make an attempt to be useful to society rather than being a burden being picked up for drug possession, fighting, etc.

BTW, Masherbrum, I'm reporting you to skuzzy for flaming and harassment. You're bringing up an unrelated post in an attempt to get a rise out of me. I'm not that foolish, and even if nothing comes of it, you deserve to be reported at the very least.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2009, 06:57:59 PM »
Go ahead and report me.    I'm not harassing you, I am merely reading your text of "being a victim" (above) and showing previous examples of you being "deceiving" on the other hand.   

You have no problems being.......oh how did you put it on 200 about a week ago?    "Judgemental".    The exact word you used too. 

You cut down other students in your classes with exaggerations and then "Cry foul" when merely faced with blatant facts and truth? 

Good luck in the Military, you're going to need it.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2009, 07:01:32 PM »
Go ahead and report me.    I'm not harassing you, I am merely reading your text of "being a victim" (above) and showing previous examples of you being "deceiving" on the other hand.   

You have no problems being.......oh how did you put it on 200 about a week ago?    "Judgemental".    The exact word you used too. 

You cut down other students in your classes with exaggerations and then "Cry foul" when merely faced with blatant facts and truth? 

Good luck in the Military, you're going to need it.   

I am not addressing the first issue. I have said that many times. It will go nowhere but to get people worked up.

As far as being judgmental, no, I have no problems being judgmental. And you are simply in denial thinking you have never passed judgment on anyone. You don't like me. You don't like what I think. And in order to defend your own deviance, you find the need to attack me. So honestly, go back to smoking your joint. I have wasted too much time talking to a brick wall already.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2009, 07:06:19 PM »
I am not addressing the first issue. I have said that many times. It will go nowhere but to get people worked up.

As far as being judgmental, no, I have no problems being judgmental. And you are simply in denial thinking you have never passed judgment on anyone. You don't like me. You don't like what I think. And in order to defend your own deviance, you find the need to attack me. So honestly, go back to smoking your joint. I have wasted too much time talking to a brick wall already.

I don't have a problem with you Serenity.   It's your "hypocrisy" that sets you apart from most.   "Attack you"?   No, the muggers did that.   You have no problems building yourself up, but when barely leaned on, you retreat and cry foul.   Just like ANY thread you've posted along these lines.   

"Smoking a joint"?   I don't smoke joints.   But I'm glad you are ripping on people getting "Straight F's, while you get Straight A's" and you start your sentences with "And".   

:rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Barnes828

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 07:08:35 PM »
3 days ago was the 2 year anniversary of Virginia Tech Shooting. Hit my school hard.

2 of the victims as well as the shooter went to my school.