Author Topic: Mysterious move  (Read 2533 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Mysterious move
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2009, 08:01:45 PM »
i thought the OP was refering more to being beaten on the merge by neglecting vertical seperation or lead turn and speed. Would be interested if OP would watch it and comment.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »
I find it interesting no one has film of a "mysterious move"........ :O

I have been following this thread with anticapation.

Theres not one of you who has film of me pulling this move on you guys....LOLOLOLOL.

I KNOW the 38 drivers have some of them doing it on me.

This kind of topic comes up alot. I am surprised no one has "stock footage" of the "mysterious move"

:D

The only mystery is on the side from those that really don't know how to merge properly.  For those, like us that do, it's a basic merge that exploits the other guy's terrible merge.  Because the guy that just died can't figure out how the other guy was able to build enough seperation prior to the merge and then latch on using a simple lead turn, it's a mystery to him.

I know I posted a film showing the merge after I was accused by a group of players of cheating by using a "mystery move" that allowed to me to latch on their six immediately after merge.  Don't know if the thread survived the forum migration though.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2009, 09:07:35 PM »
I haven't read the whole thread, but has any body mentioned throttle control yet?

Boner, if you are flying with the throttle firewalled all the time , it may exacerbate your problem with getting around or over the top.

Sometimes all that available horsepower can work against you.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2009, 11:22:29 PM »
i thought the OP was refering more to being beaten on the merge by neglecting vertical seperation or lead turn and speed. Would be interested if OP would watch it and comment.

LOL...your right he did ask about the merge turn. I got sidetracked later in the thread reffering to the other "mystery move".

Well, I guess we have to show both on film now. hehe this will be fun.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2009, 12:08:58 AM »
 going to be a benifit to the community whichever moves you document so i vote do both  :rock
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2009, 05:27:53 PM »
going to be a benifit to the community whichever moves you document so i vote do both  :rock

Yes, please

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder