Author Topic: Whine  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Whine
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 08:25:26 PM »
I try to slide into the indestructible.  That way i avoid getting shot and also give the guys in the Hangar selecting their planes a good laugh  :lol
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 08:36:59 PM »
Did you stay in the TA for a month before you jumped into the MA?
I doubt it.  Bet you were in there before your two free weeks were up.

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »
I can see why Cajun is upset by being vultched. Earlier today I went rook and happened to up from the same base as him. Before I knew it, Cajun and I were surrounded by no less than 8 enemies. I had 4 trailing me, and Cajun was down on the deck turning with 4 of them. Amazingly, he killed all of them. After the 4 on me were dead, I rtb and came into the field about the same time as him. As I was just touching down on the runway, I saw a Jug coming in straight at us, allready spraying his guns from 2K out. I gave my plane full rudder and snapped my gears off on purpose so I'd stop sooner and managed to tower out, unfortunately Cajun wasn't so lucky. I'd be pretty furious myself, Cajun definately has the right to be unhappy.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 08:49:24 PM »
I can understand him being mad, but suggesting that the 'noob's' should be required to go to the TA before coming to the MA is rediculous.  Do you think that if they go to the TA for a while that they will have all of a sudden have a moment of clarity, and decide not to vulch people.  There's guys that's been on here for years and that is one of their Grade-A manuvers.

IMHO, the TA cannot teach a person class.

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 08:58:20 PM »
Ok I think I was just a lil aggrivated at the noob. Sorry for the whine guys <S> see ya'll lata.

Oh yeah Buster I got NATAS u didn't lol <S> man hope to see u rook again.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 10:12:12 PM »
yea, landing without gear = no need to fiddle around with breaks and you stop quicker.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »
I do think new guys should be required to go to the TA for atleast an hour for a crash course in AH - but we all have our own opinions
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 10:35:29 PM »
I do think new guys should be required to go to the TA for atleast an hour for a crash course in AH - but we all have our own opinions

no, it's there choice

I remember about two-two and a half years ago (or something like that) when i first downloaded aces high, i spend a few hours flying offline. Since my 1st K/D radio was 0.06, i don't really think it helped me much. How ever when I started flying online my K/D increased to 1.20 within 3 tours. I never went to the training arena, never asked anyone for help, and did everything my self the first 3 tours or so, did not even type a single word on any of the channels.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 11:22:22 PM »
You guy's are looking at this all wrong, I don't look at his request as a bad thing but a good thing. I think that it's a good idea for a new person to have to spend say 8 hours in the TA before your allowed in the MA. I think it would benefit a new player, "but" it would take a full time training staff and I don't think AH has that. But I still think it would be a good thing for the future, instead of sitting there watching new players going round and round on the runway and don't even have the experience to answer a vox or text message.

:salute LCCajuun
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 12:17:47 AM »
No problem mach <S>. I was waiting on the flames about sa. Guess they didn't read the part where I had 4 cons on my six and I ended up getting 4 kills. I think i have some damn good SA. He was the only con came in at 10k and vulched when there were plenty of other target that is what is so damn lame instead of trying to have a fight he wanted to vulch a guy that was landing. As for SHawk I can't speak for him, but I think he would of went for a fight instead of that crap.

lol    read a book you think its only in game guys went for easy kills. lol chuck yeager was famous for attacking planes already smoking or going down.

most told u SA because if you looked at map before trying to rearm. you wouldv'e saw enemy near and go out of plane. This man might have had someone ask him to deack base, or kill ord or many other targets and he sees u on runway or rearm pad kills u. its only your fault no one else's fault for your death.  btw wtg newbie u passed first badge of honor getting under guys skin cause he made mistake and died.

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 12:18:08 AM »
 :salute  Cajunn thanks for the help and understanding.

"SlapShot
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 12:22:06 AM »
Lol Rod u should read before posting. I noticed he was there I already stated that. He dove in from like 10k to attack the guy landing and passed up a crap load of enmy cons to get to me. He wasn't trying to deack or take ord out he was going for an easy kill instead of a fight. Why you ask b/c he is a noob and would get killed in a fight so instead of trying to learn how to dogfight he goes for the easy kill. Nice attempt of trying to understand what happened.

"SlapShot

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 12:23:38 AM »
"There is nothing honorable about being a fighter pilot"
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 12:35:40 AM »
Ok why does everybody think I am talking about honor. What aggrivated me was instead of getting in a fight b/c he knew he would die he goes for an easy kill. That is why I wish HTC would implement some form of training before new guys are able to go to the MA. Maybe if he knew how to fight he would go for a fight not an easy lame kill, perhaps he would have done the same thing b/c he is a lame pilot I dunno. I believe that if guys are taught to fight they would. I believe that there would be alot less ho'ing, picking, and gang banging going on. I think ppl would actually would try to have a dogfight instead of being lame skilless pilots. That is my opinion.

"SlapShot

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 12:56:55 AM »
Ok why does everybody think I am talking about honor. What aggrivated me was instead of getting in a fight b/c he knew he would die he goes for an easy kill. That is why I wish HTC would implement some form of training before new guys are able to go to the MA. Maybe if he knew how to fight he would go for a fight not an easy lame kill, perhaps he would have done the same thing b/c he is a lame pilot I dunno. I believe that if guys are taught to fight they would. I believe that there would be alot less ho'ing, picking, and gang banging going on. I think ppl would actually would try to have a dogfight instead of being lame skilless pilots. That is my opinion.

What's the problem with going for a easy kill?
Or maybe he was just saving his fuel or ammo, ever thought of it that way?
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn