Author Topic: Whine  (Read 1850 times)

Offline 100hooch

• Copper Member
Re: Whine
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 12:58:15 AM »
I can understand him being mad, but suggesting that the 'noob's' should be required to go to the TA before coming to the MA is rediculous.  Do you think that if they go to the TA for a while that they will have all of a sudden have a moment of clarity, and decide not to vulch people.  There's guys that's been on here for years and that is one of their Grade-A manuvers.

IMHO, the TA cannot teach a person class.

I'm with Coogn on this one!  LCCajun, plain and simple, you got caught with your pants down -- and YOU are the one who dropped 'em!

And you never answered Coog's question -- how much time did you spend in the TA or offline before you dared enter the MA?  I spent a month in the off-line practice because I was afraid of being embarrassed.  It helped a little.  And the only thing a noob will learn in the TA is that they need to figure out how to HO since they were told not to!

If I was afflicted with an attack of stupidity severe enough to get me vulched by someone with a ZERO rank, I sure as hell wouldn't admit it --let alone publicize it!
"It's not our job to die for our country.  It's our job to make the other poor dumb sonofasqueak die for his!" -- Gen. George S. Patton

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 01:01:50 AM »
You still had alternatives. You could have landed inside a building or if you didn't you could have belly landed. Then depending on fuel, you could have dodged him just once and landed.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 01:06:02 AM »
As for as me in the TA I go in and out. I still go in there. I went with my whole squad about 3 weeks ago. I like the TA especially when there are ppl in there that I can learn from which is just about everybody there. I am not saying there is anything wrong with taking an easy kill but you should be able to get kills in a fight also. He didn't even attempt to get in a fight b/c he couldn't win one if he did. If he was trying to save ammo why would he be spraying and praying like he did. Almost everybody that has posted in here has missed the point.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 01:09:19 AM »
As for as me in the TA I go in and out. I still go in there. I went with my whole squad about 3 weeks ago. I like the TA especially when there are ppl in there that I can learn from which is just about everybody there. I am not saying there is anything wrong with taking an easy kill but you should be able to get kills in a fight also. He didn't even attempt to get in a fight b/c he couldn't win one if he did. If he was trying to save ammo why would he be spraying and praying like he did. Almost everybody that has posted in here has missed the point.

If I would have seen you on the ground and would not care about the AAA, i would have killed you as well.

Almost everybody that has posted in here has missed the point.
Was your point that you killed the 4 guys on your 6? If it was, WTG, was no need to mention the getting killed on the ground part.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 01:18:23 AM »
My point is that instead of trying to get in a fight b/c he would lose he dove to a base bypassed alot of other cons to kill a landing one. That in my opinion is lame. I think that if had had some training maybe he would have went for a fight instead of being lame.

"SlapShot
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 01:18:32 AM »
lets see   it is 1945 and the luftwaffe are desperate,  hunted and harassed everywhere they go.  

No bases are safe from attack and P47 pilots make several strafing attacks at airfields.  Sounds pretty historically immersive to me.

I've had that happen to me cajun by good, experienced sticks looking for revenge, it doesn't really matter whether he was new or not.  Only thing you can do is laugh it off then get the fastest plane you can find re-up and hunt him down for revenge on the revenge killer ad infinitum.  ;)

if he died in the ack after killing you then that is just bad luck.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:43:46 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 01:21:35 AM »
give it up man I guess you have to be CoonA55 to understand it  :rofl

:salute
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 01:24:03 AM »
 :rofl  I guess man  :salute.

"SlapShot

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 01:26:53 AM »
You still serving and protecting ?
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 01:27:33 AM »
Yeap at work now waiting to go home got 4 more hours

"SlapShot

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 01:30:23 AM »
cool I got off at 6 tonight, but got 5, 24 hour shifts left :cry

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 01:32:57 AM »
I got one more night shift then go to days for 2 weeks. It has been really quiet for some reason I guess it is a good thing jsut makes for one boring donut night for me.

"SlapShot

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 01:44:15 AM »
yep, yep I haven't been to a fire in oh I don't know 3 months now hope I remember how to aim the hose :lol, but we are waiting for the big one it always happens that way.

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 01:50:14 AM »
Yeah I miss firefighting only thing I dont' miss is being a truckie. They only let me on the engine for a lil while after I got out of the academy. Kinda stupid being I am 6'2 240lbs. I actually talked to the fiance bout going back to the fire dept, not sure though.

"SlapShot

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 01:58:20 AM »
Yeah I'm a Captain now so the rookies get all the fun now, but I go off duty and pull rank :aok and the old man can still out work all those youngsters. Firefighters aren't what they use to be, its all about the glory to them and not about the rush like it was for me. :D