Author Topic: A8Moray ref CV command  (Read 2114 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
A8Moray ref CV command
« on: April 29, 2009, 08:59:47 AM »
A8Moray the following is from the Help file with reference to Cv command.

Player controlled task groups or fleets add an exciting dimension to Aces High II.  Task groups can be maneuvered into enemy territory or used to defend friendly fields.  Each country has the same number of fleets, but the number of fleets total will vary depending on the terrain.

When online, the highest ranking player in the country may take control of up to two fleets.  If he only takes one fleet, the second highest ranked player in the country may take control of the second fleet.  Players may check their rank and the rank of others in the game by selecting the Roster menu item on the clipboard.  If no one has control of a fleet, any player may set the fleet waypoints.

Although rank has its privileges, in this case Cv command, it also has it pit falls.  One of which is a difference of opinion.  In a text buffer it is often difficult to resolve those opinions and even less likely when your initial tone, private Pm's or not, are defamatory. 

For me rank in this game serves only one purpose and that of cause is CV command.  There is a reason the Rooks call me the Admiral.  It's because on the whole I do a reasonable job of getting Cv's to a vantage point and when I say vantage point I'm referring to an attacking roll rather than defensive.  With the exception of captured Cv's who's ports we no longer control, it is my ethos that Cv's are to be used with an offensive objective in mind.  They are not to be parked up in defence of a Vbase on the enemies conger line to said base.  It serves no purpose other than to become a target.   It's a waist of Cv travel time.  Admittedly any Cv will become a target but the difference of opinion lays here.  I would rather a Cv be sunk in an attacking role with a chance of taking a base.  Making good use of its offensive capabilities let alone time taken to get there.  Do you not see that by trying to take the enemies conger line base any pressure on the Vbase will be drastically diminished.  Wheather the enemy base is captured or not remains to be seen.  It's a fighting chance rather than NO chance.

Rarely will I lock a Cv on it's course because of the threat of bombers or bumping into enemy fleets.  When I see a Cv being waisted or repetitively turned to danger spots  i.e PT spawns or SB traverse area's then I'll lock it out.  Equally I'll relinquish any Cv to a squad or country mission once informed of such.  I don't like locking Cv's but the conundrum of command is thus.  Do I tell one individual to milk run a few more empty arenas for rank so's the majority have a potential opportunity to fly and fight off the Cv or, do I let one individual park a Cv up where once spotted it will become an unused useless target.

You have every right to disagree with my opinion but childishly stamping your feet then denying all knowledge puts you on the back burner of future consideration.  Have a nice day.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:02:28 AM by LYNX »

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
Re: A8Moray ref CV command
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:26:26 AM »
Use message bar is the best thing to have turned on! I hated getting join message pop ups when fully engaged!
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:27:56 AM »
I would have let let the idiot keep typing it.   I have mine in the message buffer as well.   When some of the tools that play this game do it, I just laugh.   

It's a shame Moray didn't have the balls to man up, when caught in a lie.   
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:30:13 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:33:03 AM »
Reading the messages, it seems like A8Moray was unaware of the join-requests. Or was he just being childish?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 09:40:24 AM »
So what did he do that was wrong apart from being a tad bit annoying with the "Join" requests?
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline NHattila

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »
Reading the messages, it seems like A8Moray was unaware of the join-requests. Or was he just being childish?

Maybe it's the conifer virus.

That screenshot makes me think of a 2-year-old in a grocery store throwing a temper tantrum because mommy won't buy her a candy bar.
Atti11a

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »
possible he hit "join" instead of "tune to"? I know I've got to clicking to fast and hit the wrong thing mulitple times.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »

There's at least 5 more join request that have scrolled of the text buffer.  He would have had to be unaware of the system "request sent" in his own text buffer as he typed.  No offence but 2 + 2 is indeed 4.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:06:26 AM by LYNX »

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 10:13:30 AM »
Kind of ironic really, but my first thought was that starting this thread was pretty much equally childish.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:26:39 AM »
can we get a discount on the popcorn for this one?   

Will need a bucket load!     :rock
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 10:28:03 AM »
So, I'm assuming that you snagged control of a CV from him or that you and A8Moray had a verbal altercation about the proper use of a CV and then he "Join" Spammed you. Correct? If he did spam you then that is childish but there is no real way to know for sure as Whiteman has stated that he could have just mis-clicked on the clipboard.

Kind of ironic really, but my first thought was that starting this thread was pretty much equally childish.

+1

What was the purpose of posting this thread?
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 10:29:23 AM »
What was the purpose of posting this thread?

To provide some entertainment?  :)

I wait with the pocorn until Moray shows up...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 10:30:53 AM »

+1
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 10:33:38 AM »

Can't deny your observation has some merit but in my defence the key is

In a text buffer it is often difficult to resolve those opinions

hence the protracted explanation that followed. 

but yes! I did take the opportunity to show others what he denied doing.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 10:37:55 AM »

Will need a bucket load!     :rock

man i'm so hungry right now a giant bucket of popcorn would rock.

CV control, i don't take control of them to avoid the morons. If they want to get it sunk then i just leave the area and wait for the CV sunk post in the text buffer.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:46:32 AM by whiteman »