Author Topic: FW190A8 Training  (Read 825 times)

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
FW190A8 Training
« on: April 30, 2009, 02:24:57 PM »
I want to know if anyone has any good tricks and moves they can teach me int his plane. I love the 190 series and this plane has the best gun package out of the series but I just can't seem to fly it like I can the dora and A5. If anyone if will to work with me for a bit maybe friday night or over the weekend I would greatly appreciate it. Also, any if you can post some tips here that would be great too.

<S> Count
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Re: FW190A8 Training
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 02:40:15 PM »
Drop me a PM in game. Callsign "Blitzin"
 :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 03:39:05 PM »
Try it with 2 guns. Don't get me wrong I love those outboard 30mms for most cases, but they add about 400 lbs or so counting guns and ammo (or was that 300+?).

Our A-8 suffers from an overweight flight model, so it simply won't turn as nicely as the A-5 will, regardless of the extra power. It can do some nice things, but don't expect it to perform like a spitty or anything ;)

I ran into a higher P-47N in a 190A8 last night, ended up taking the fight to him, and we wound up on the deck. He nailed my oil about 2/3 through the fight, but I got a kill in the end. I can post the film later (it's not on this PC), if you'd be interested.

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 04:46:58 PM »
COUNT  WTF     now your flying the A8   
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »
Just trying it out scotty lol, and i don't fly the A8 with the 30mms affects the roll rate too much for me. I like quad 20mm cannons. Its definitely the heaviness that I'm having a hard time with, it doesn't like to play the vertical like I can in the A5 and D9 models.
The Misfit Toys
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 05:44:47 PM »
Roll rate's not the issue. You have so much that even with heavy guns packages, you're still outrolling most planes in the game.

Oh, and the MG151/20 outboard package almost weighs as much as the Mk108 package does.

The problem's not roll, but that sluggish feeling where you can't pull a higher angle of attack than the A-5 can, or the D-9.

That's just part of the plane. You either take the guns, take the weight, or leave the guns and the weight. Many times the extra weight is worth the firepower advantage. But it's like taking the gondolas on a 109: there are drawbacks.

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 06:00:05 PM »
Roll rate's not the issue. You have so much that even with heavy guns packages, you're still outrolling most planes in the game.

Oh, and the MG151/20 outboard package almost weighs as much as the Mk108 package does.

The problem's not roll, but that sluggish feeling where you can't pull a higher angle of attack than the A-5 can, or the D-9.

That's just part of the plane. You either take the guns, take the weight, or leave the guns and the weight. Many times the extra weight is worth the firepower advantage. But it's like taking the gondolas on a 109: there are drawbacks.

Roll rate is a BIG issue in any of the 190s excluding the 152 Krusty.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 06:26:34 PM »

but don't expect it to perform like a spitty or anything ;)

Ive found the problem with my flying
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
trying to lighten up a 190 sounds like trying to lighten up a Panzer. . .generally goes against the whole idea of the plane. 

But hell, I'm just a noob anyway.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 10:30:26 PM »
Well may i suggest, the 30mm round has a huge impact on the plane you are shooting at and will kill them 99% of the time. But it is very hard to aim the 30mm. Because i can't use a 30mm i usally fly the 4x20mm package seems to do enough as it is, IMO you don't need the 30mm's to kill a plane.

I don't know how it affects the plane. If you can PM Doom in game, he is good in an A8. Or any of the JG11 or JG2 guys such as Blitzen.
Strokes

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 10:52:59 PM »
Talon, when you can roll 4x in the same time it takes most planes to roll 1x, it doesn't make much of an impact in your flying capabilities if you reduce that to "only" 3.5x in the same time it takes most planes to roll 1x.

Only time you ever notice lack of roll in a 190A is when you're stalled and fighting torque, and in THAT case roll rate won't help.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 11:14:54 PM »
If count is interested:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzvjkz3kx1h

He may have got a good hit on my oil, but at the end I was drooling and 100% sure I'd have a kill shot soon. Why he bailed, I don't know. Maybe he was nose down out of a stall and gave up, or maybe it was accidental. Maybe it'll help in a 1on1 situation where you're defensive.

P.S. I DO make appologies for my flying. I'm rusty, and was very tired at this point of the night (probably around 12:30 AM)

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 11:59:23 PM »
Krusty,
That's how I try to fly the 190s, a lot of rolling around looking for snap shots and over shoots. I just can't do it as long as I can in an A5 because of the weight difference. Great video thought, would have been cool if you would have made that snap shot when the jug went vertical I can't count the number of times I've landed BB's but no cannons on shots like that.
The Misfit Toys

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 02:35:40 AM »
Drop me a PM in game. Callsign "Blitzin"
 :salute

:rofl, I had no idea that was you the other night "sorry". I was asking my squad who Blitzin was and they didn't know.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 09:07:56 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer