Author Topic: TrackIR 5!?  (Read 3718 times)

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
Re: TrackIR 5!?
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 01:47:39 PM »
1.)  Can I use a TIR4 profile with TIR5?
2.)  Has anyone made a decent TIR5 profile yet?

I personally don't see any reason to use the TIR5 software with TIR4 hardware.  The interface is very different and prettier (it that's important to you) but I can't imagine how it would make your TIR4 work any better.  I decided not to use the new software with my TIR4 because the translation is not exact and you still need to do a little tweaking of your profile when you're done.  After all that, you basically have the same functionality as before so what's the point?  If having the latest software is important to you then you may feel it is worth it.  I don't.  MHO
The Hay Street Boys

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 02:42:42 PM »
Oh man!!!  Got mine (TIR5) about a week ago... LOL!!! Its almost like cheatin!!!
Played offline for a few days to get used to it... First action on wednesday...

Holy Smokes, I could clearly SEE, that my first kill didn't have TIR... Could see
him twisting his plane trying to find me, after he lost vis on me...   :t LOL!!

It makes the game feel completely different...  More natural!!!

If you don't have one, YA GOTTA GET ONE!!!

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline TEXICAN

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 09:48:42 AM »
Ive had TIR5 now for a few days and I love it when Im on someones six but I cant get a good 6 view i mostly see headrest.  I mostly fly the K-4 and now I cant see behind me when climbing to see when the chasing plane stalls.  Does anyone have a TIR5 profile set up???  Ive played with the settings but Ive only made it worse.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »
Ive had TIR5 now for a few days and I love it when Im on someones six but I cant get a good 6 view i mostly see headrest.  

Did you move your head forward (towards the screen in RL and your gunsight in game) when centering the TIR?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:58:47 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TEXICAN

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 10:29:54 AM »
Yes when I centered I moved closer and a little lower than I normaly sit.  This worked out great for all views but 6.  When I look back Im to close to the headrest.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:32:35 AM by TEXICAN »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »
Yes when I centered I moved closer and a little lower than I normaly sit.  This worked out great for all views but 6.  When I look back Im to close to the headrest.
Move your head side to side.

Offline TEXICAN

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2009, 04:28:06 PM »
LOL I do but the view is much better without TIR.  I know the view can be better just dont know how!

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2009, 05:35:09 PM »
I know the view can be better just dont know how!

Ditch that 109 and fly the 190 instead.  :aok

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline TEXICAN

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 08:20:36 AM »
Well I tried a profile I found here last night I guess it was for TIR4 cause it made mine go crazy.  I messed with stuff for several hours finally got it to where if i leaned back in my chair and leaned to my side I had a ok view.  Even tried other planes once some one is on my six Im dead because I have no idea wgere they are.  Wish I could figure it out.

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 09:13:30 AM »
Just got my TrackIR 5 back and boy was I surprised.  It went absolutely crazy.  Took me a while to figure out the problem.  I hope none of you has a Christmas tree with lights and hanging garland with blinking lights behind you.  After unplugging everything it worked perfect.  Only problem I have now is that I have to wait for my wife and daughter to go to bed so I can turn them off.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »
You can adjust the sensitivity to background lights for the TrackIR. If you don't have the TrackClip I'd recommend it as it is active IR and allow you to filter out most if not all background light.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline TEXICAN

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 08:16:15 AM »
Ok I finally got a 6 view I can live with!!  But damn I cant fly or shoot with this thing right now!!!  I collided with 5 sets of buffs augered at lest 4 times and missed perfect shots.  Im in a strange place now because I dont like flying without TIR and I cat fly with it lol.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2009, 11:09:43 AM »
It was like that for me for about 2 months and then it all came together. You just have to be patient, it takes some time to adjust.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2009, 05:46:18 PM »
Wagger, sorry, but that made me laugh - probably cos I'd not even considered that one  :D

I'madot, its as vortex said, it takes a while to get used to it - the amount of movement we unconsciously make when flying is made apparent with trackir, and its suprising how much of it there is lol....you'll get there mate, just need to persevere.

:salute

Wurzel (biggest help I found was removing hat views initially, then using them together with trackir once used to it).
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2009, 07:33:11 AM »
red wine + track IR5 is comedy gold  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario