Author Topic: My god would you please quit with the arena crap Hitech!  (Read 22131 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: My god would you please quit with the arena crap Hitech!
« Reply #420 on: June 26, 2009, 06:52:42 PM »
More than a bit confused.

I believe it's not so much a matter that people don't "like" the arena when over 500 as much as people get frustrated when the numbers are over 500.

You have to compromise between lots of action and a situation where you either can't get in the air because there are too many enemy in one place, can't kill anything because there are too many friendlies in one place, or just too much going on at the same time.  Sensory overload.

It would seem they have figured 500 as being around the breaking point.

wrongway

OK, I see, but that still doesn't address my point:

Even with over 500 people logged in on TT, there are still plenty of fights where there are only a few cons and a few friendlies... just go to a different base or sector that doesn't have a HUGE darbar....

Why is a 3rd LW arena needed when each person can already choose between not only four existing arenas, but dozens of bases within each arena that might provide a more "satisfying experience" for the guy who doesn't want to be in a crowd?
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #421 on: June 27, 2009, 12:49:25 AM »
make both arenas 100 cap, 24/7, increase from there.. then nobody would favor one or the other.. (or would they.... )
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #422 on: June 27, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »
Honey! I'm HOME!!! errr. back...sorry RL got in the way for a bit there.

Ref Moot. He merely wants to argue cause he think it makes everyone think he' s really smart. :x so no reply is required.

Ref Fugitve. He merely wants a small arena. something like him agasint 1 other noob. :x

Ref HiTech:

Not that I would ever say BS to your stats and now we will never know the real answer to the question, "how many player in one arena is too many".

Reason is multi fold.

1st and foremost is I stand vindicated ref:  my earlier statements:

"In fact, I think the root cause of the limits is the customers computers ability to keep up with all the eye candy. I remember back when I got an apple computer that actually let me get to FR17. All of a sudden the planes started actually flying around in the sky somewhat smoothly. Fool and I used to have lunch and our topic of discussion was always, "if you want to stay up with all the enhancements in the flight sim, dogfighting games you need to upgrade your computer from time to time".  Back then 17FR wasn't top of the line. In fact, for the past 12-14 years or so I made a commitment to stay one step below top of the line. Every couple of years or so I'd have some bucks put away and when I went out West I'd pick up everything I'd need and build a new computer. One step below top dog was normally about a $150-250 upgrade. I'd always try and move my old computer out to someone else in the game who could use an upgrade from their existing computer. If I'm wrong about customer computers being up to speed for huge arena's then I stand corrected."

All that is required is to look at other Gen Disc threads ref the game update. After flying these games for 15 years or more I kinda thought although I might be a moron I do know what I needed to do to keep up with the games. I spoke from personal experience not just a desire for a big arena.   

For most of us the expense is budgeted ($10-30 a month stashed away for ungrades). For others it's a learning experience. If you smoke, you spend a lot more in a few days than the money you can be putting away. If you play golf, miss one weekend (rain check) a month and put that money into a stash for an upgrade.

Now HiTech can see how any fallout and I say "any" effects subscribers but we can no longer use "over 500 players kills subscriptions" as a medium to determine who stays and who goes.

I'd say it becomes a moot point but then I'd be saying moot is smart so I won't. :D

The only thing that has always amazed me is there is no middle ground for some folks.

Well, 2 anyway, and the guy that wants everyone to think hes smart. :x.

CM#1

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #423 on: June 27, 2009, 04:47:55 PM »
moot this, moot that

IOW
I'm incapable of a proper counter argument.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #424 on: June 27, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »
make both arenas 100 cap, 24/7, increase from there.. then nobody would favor one or the other.. (or would they.... )

thats stupid lol both arenas 100/100 no one could play....
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #425 on: June 27, 2009, 05:36:54 PM »

Ref HiTech:

Not that I would ever say BS to your stats and now we will never know the real answer to the question, "how many player in one arena is too many".

The answer has been posted an number of times by the owner, designed, builder of the game. That "magic number" is more than 0 and less than 500. Why you can't understand that really is beyond me. Your stubbornness in not accepting that is really something else. Discussing anything with you is like banging my head against a wall. You way is the ONLY way, even when it comes strait for the owners mouth, he's wrong  :rolleyes:

All of your time flying sims don't mean crap if you can read this stuff with an open mind. Blindly sticking to your guns while the ship sinks around you is just plain stupid.

Good luck with those blinders you seem to have had surgically and permanently implanted.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #426 on: June 27, 2009, 06:11:38 PM »
The answer has been posted an number of times by the owner, designed, builder of the game. That "magic number" is more than 0 and less than 500. Why you can't understand that really is beyond me. Your stubbornness in not accepting that is really something else. Discussing anything with you is like banging my head against a wall. You way is the ONLY way, even when it comes strait for the owners mouth, he's wrong  :rolleyes:

All of your time flying sims don't mean crap if you can read this stuff with an open mind. Blindly sticking to your guns while the ship sinks around you is just plain stupid.

Good luck with those blinders you seem to have had surgically and permanently implanted.

See what I mean? MUAHAHAHAHAHA! :x

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #427 on: June 27, 2009, 06:13:47 PM »
IOW

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeet

See what I mean? MUAHAHAHAHAHA! :x

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #428 on: June 27, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »
That's what I thought.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #429 on: June 27, 2009, 07:05:38 PM »
In fact, I think the root cause of the limits is the customers computers ability to keep up with all the eye candy.

I might be a moron
With out a doubt.

I have point blank told you in no uncertian terms that there absolutly 0 tech I.E. Speed reasons for the limits.

So I can only take your continued posting of my reasons why as call me a liar.

So either Apologize NOW or no longer be part of this BBS or the game.

HiTech

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #430 on: June 27, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »
WOW demanding an apology or else. Somebody got oh HT bad side. This might put me there to.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »
Hes making a list, checking it twice. Gonna find out whos  naughty or nice. :uhoh
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #432 on: June 27, 2009, 07:56:39 PM »
This is the second post I have seen of Hitech some what threating to get rid of some players. I wonder what is up with him. Got me thinking about leaving the game. I know that isn't a big deal b/c there are many other players that will stay and pay Hitech bills. Just dont' think it is right for him to threaten ppl that their account will pretty much be cancelled just b/c he doesn't like their opinions. That is kinda like the kid who says play the game how I want or I am gonna take my ball and go home lol.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #433 on: June 27, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »
Word.

Oh, and somebody lock this one please.  Nothing good gonna come from it.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #434 on: June 27, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »
as grandma always used to say.........no good can come of this
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.