Author Topic: An objective look at "fishy" flying  (Read 2695 times)

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
Re: An objective look at "fishy" flying
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »
You don't know what you're talking about.  Perpetuating an outdated rumour is stupid.  It's not a case of see/hear/speak no evil, nor "the people have the right to know", nor is anyone pretending it's a non-issue.   HTC takes cheating seriously.

So you are not pretending that cheating is a non-issue, but cheating is also just a rumor.

OK buddy.  Rock on. :rock

Don't bring up the topic at all if you can't have a civil discussion about it.

And if someone accuses you of cheating, but you know you are not cheating, and HTC knows you are not cheating, then just let it go.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 02:18:14 PM by frosty »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 02:31:43 PM »
Could you rephrase that?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 02:43:06 PM »
Could you rephrase that?

Cheating you, are rumor pretending that cheating is a issue-non but so is also just a not.
 :rock
On OK.  Rock buddy.

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 02:50:44 PM »
Cheating you, are rumor pretending that cheating is a issue-non but so is also just a not.
 :rock
On OK.  Rock buddy.
Could you rephrase that?
Just more time please I have no idea what your trying to say.
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 02:51:11 PM »
Frosty   So you admit your point's just gibberish?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 02:52:21 PM »
Me thinks frosty is a young one.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 03:07:21 PM »
Frosty   So you admit your point's just gibberish?

Absolutely not.  You said two things:
"Perpetuating an outdated rumour is stupid."

Then...

"nor is anyone pretending it's a non-issue.   HTC takes cheating seriously."

You seem to be very much pretending it's a non-issue.

As for the rest of my post, I was referring to your creating a thread about being accused of cheating (when in reality you were not), then getting all hostile-like when anyone dares...DARES...to disagree with you. 

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 03:23:35 PM »
Just more time please I have no idea what your trying to say.

The quick recap ..... 99.9% of accusations are unfounded but perpetuate the myth.  0.01% of accusations are true. 

Sooo.... 0.01% is not a myth and does occur.  Sooo.....99.9% are fueling the reality of 0.01% which means there's more smoke than there is fire. 

It's a bit like a laymen telling a surgeon that a guy has bowl cancer when infact he has a pimple on his arse.

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2009, 03:26:41 PM »
The quick recap ..... 99.9% of accusations are unfounded but perpetuate the myth.  0.01% of accusations are true. 

Sooo.... 0.01% is not a myth and does occur.  Sooo.....99.9% are fueling the reality of 0.01% which means there's more smoke than there is fire. 

It's a bit like a laymen telling a surgeon that a guy has bowl cancer when infact he has a pimple on his arse.

Hey, fair enough.  The only people in a position to possibly know the %'s are HTC.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2009, 04:40:16 PM »
Lynx, speaking of which, I do have a pimple on me bootox as it happens.

:D ;)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2009, 05:06:44 PM »
You seem to be very much pretending it's a non-issue.
Yeah, "SEEM" being the key word there. You don't know what you're talking about.  There's no contradiction in saying that it's stupid to perpetuate the rumor that the junk you find on google isn't outdated, especially when even if it weren't outdated, HTC would deal with it as quickly as they have in the past. Which amounts to a small chance of running into that player, out of all the spots on a map, out of all the arenas, and out of all the times you might play, in the short time the player will have before being ejected and banned.  If said player's stupid enough to do it in prime time, he'll get kicked out extra quick.  So talking about it in the open like it were something common is stupid. Players reading ch200 will take it for granted as accurate, which it's not.  What a stupid thing to do.

Cheating is a rumor because guys like you and the guy that made a big deal out of it on ch200 the other day don't have squat to back you up.  Where's your evidence that it's happening right now?  You don't have any.  Which leads to the next point: it's stupid to keep bringing up the topic in open discussion like ch200 because of the above points. That it's all unsubstantiated or outdated, and in the rare times it's neither the best thing to do is to report it directly to HTC.  A lot of us have done it in the few times it happened and trust me, it gets taken care of real quick.

Next, the point of the thread was to show how the most ordinary flying can get people screaming foul play.  What, exactly, is that guy implying when he says the wings should have snapped?  Answer this question.
Even if he weren't, this case is identical to the dozen other times it's happened, where the player explicitely said I was cheating, or that the plane I was flying "couldn't do that".  The point is to illustrate this as part of a greater effort to sensibilize players to the full range of planes' envelope. Instead of e.g. being oblivious to using the vertical.  The thread has nothing to do with this player or me in particular.  I'm not the only one who's been accused of cheating when I was just flying around doing nothing extraordinary.

As far as "all hostile like".  Are you 15 years old or so?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2009, 05:29:24 PM »
IMO, these accusations are almost entirely the result of poor SA.

The accusations are made because they think they know how fast you were, how many G's you were pulling, what maneuver you flew, what path you flew, when you should have blacked out, how much slower your plane is/was than theirs is/was, yada, yada, yada...

The problem is that their SA leads them to believe certain things that are false, because their SA is lacking.

"How could your F4U catch my pony?!??!  The pony is faster on the deck..."  Could it be because you flew what you thought were subtle little jinks, but were in reality mild scissors, allowing me to close on you from 2K out by simply flying straight?

"No way that F4U should float like that with full flaps at 50mph!"  Do you realize my speed was never below 150?  And that I didn't drop more than 2 notches of flaps?  Just because you were slow and near stalling doesn't mean I was too...

"What kind of a magic F4U BS reversal was that??!?!"  Reversal?  I just rolled...  You flew in front of me and turned away, putting me on your six.  I didn't do anything but squeeze the trigger...

"How did you outturn my A6M?!?!?"  Because I was at 250 mph and able to turn well.  You were at 400mph, and couldn't...
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2009, 05:31:07 PM »
Yeah, "SEEM" being the key word there. You don't,,,etc.

EDIT:<SNIP>  Hell with it.  Sorry if I p*ssed you off.

FWIW, I did point out that complaining over the public channel is stupid.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 05:47:33 PM by frosty »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »
You didn't piss me off.  You did derail the thread though.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 07:13:44 PM »
My apologies.