Author Topic: Truly sad  (Read 4284 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Truly sad
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2009, 01:38:10 PM »
I am not being facetious on this question------>What if all of the folks who cannot find a "good" fight got together and had "good" fights with others that felt the same way? :eek:

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2009, 02:27:39 PM »
just went into EW had a blast i upped a d3 landed 3 kills :rofl

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »

IT's not about landing kills. it's about finding a good fight. you don't have to land kills to have a good fun fight.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2009, 03:22:21 PM »
IT's not about landing kills. it's about finding a good fight. you don't have to land kills to have a good fun fight.

This might sound crazy, LT, but some folks like to win and land kills. It IS a good fight + they land.

Everyone has a different reason for doing what they do. It just might not be the same as yours.

Ren

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »
Don't worry.  HTC knows that what you are asking for is not really what you want.  They have it all under control.

:lol :aok
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2009, 03:31:02 PM »
This might sound crazy, LT, but some folks like to win and land kills. It IS a good fight + they land.

To some, landing kills however they can get them is fun - be it from a HO or a Pick or a Vulch (none, IMO are "good fights").  To others (like me), it's a good fight - win or lose - if it lasts more than 30 seconds.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2009, 03:38:37 PM »

Everyone has a different reason for doing what they do. It just might not be the same as yours.

Ren

yea...that's true............and obviously, i prefer to win the fights......but if i get into a fight, and it gets my blood pumping......then even a loss is fun....and if i remembered to turn on film, it turns into a learning experience.

what i REALLY need, is to get my bellybutton back in the arenas....specifically the TA......but i've not been home during daylight in 2 or 3 weeks now.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2009, 04:15:36 PM »

D3 is EeeeeeeeeAaaaaaaaaaaaaaSsssss ssssssyY    MODE :aok :aok

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
To some, landing kills however they can get them is fun - be it from a HO or a Pick or a Vulch (none, IMO are "good fights").  To others (like me), it's a good fight - win or lose - if it lasts more than 30 seconds.
I believe this game would be improved 80% if HTC would simply lower lethality by 20%.  The fact that a single decent snapshot totally ends the fight 80% of the time is why many players prefer to play safe. 

I remember in WBs a player could often sustain moderate to severe damage and still have a fair shot  at fighting his way out of a bad situation.  In AH once your tagged with a good shot the fight is typcially over.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2009, 04:31:36 PM »
i have np finding a fun fight win or lose most of them are all fun now that im flying LW i didnt expect to get any kills why you think i upped a d3 duh for the fun maybe

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »
I don't fly EW but I still enjoy fights most of the time. getting into a good 1 or 2 v 1 that goes a good couple of rounds before I die is what I like. I do still get frustrated at times but in reality it is my stupidity that causes that. Even last night (mine) i was involved with a furball that got unbelievably chaotic yet had the greatest time getting nailed. It really comes down to your frame of mind at the time as last nights lot was just pick, ho, ram, bam it had it all but was great upping just to see how long I could stay up.  

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2009, 04:36:57 PM »
I believe this game would be improved 80% if HTC would simply lower lethality by 20%.  The fact that a single decent snapshot totally ends the fight 80% of the time is why many players prefer to play safe. 

I remember in WBs a player could often sustain moderate to severe damage and still have a fair shot  at fighting his way out of a bad situation.  In AH once your tagged with a good shot the fight is typcially over.

Didn't you answer yourself?  "In AH once your tagged with a good shot the fight is typcially over. "

Those are bullet holes and cannon that hit and turn yer plane into a smokin hole in the ground, not paint balls. If the guy doesn't tag you a good one then the fight is still on.

I'd like to see the Ma Deuce back up to its old lethality but that ain't gonna happen either. :)

Ren

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2009, 04:40:01 PM »
Even last night (mine) i was involved with a furball that got unbelievably chaotic yet had the greatest time getting nailed. It really comes down to your frame of mind at the time as last nights lot was just pick, ho, ram, bam it had it all but was great upping just to see how long I could stay up.  

Imagine how much fun it would have been if you came out of that furball and landed the kills. I really think you hit it...
"frame of mind"...if you feel the best you can ever do is get up and fight until you die then that might be all you can ever do. Or maybe, just maybe, perhaps a mindset change might be in order?

Ren

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2009, 04:46:21 PM »
i have np finding a fun fight win or lose most of them are all fun now that im flying LW i didnt expect to get any kills why you think i upped a d3 duh for the fun maybe

the way you posted it, it looked like

a) you only had fun because you landed the kills
b) the laughing guy at the end of your post almost made it appear that you're mocking them.

i could've mis-interpreted your post, and if i did, then i'm sorry.............
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2009, 04:46:37 PM »
Yeah I did manage a few kill lands and that was a bonus too. Landing in amongst all that is just as interesting as taking off.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:53:24 PM by SPKmes »