Author Topic: I'm done for the tour ... and my one ditch lol  (Read 3207 times)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
Re: I'm done for the tour ... and my one ditch lol
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2010, 04:40:39 PM »
Just for reference if you catch a large mouth over 22Lbs 4 oz. which is the record It's estimated to be worth over 1 Million Dollars - so go fish for retirement.
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline truss51

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »
Steve does look alot younger in his pictures.

Good luck fishing!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2010, 05:22:30 PM »
Ah Grizz, you killed it.....  I was hoping Steve would be the first to see it.  You only halfway can't stand me, Steve is full-on would smack me if he could.  (Just wanted to keep him with ammo for it)   :D

All kidding aside, the day I could land every of 23 sorties (err, 22 out of but a ditch is a land anyway) I'd be pretty happy about it myself. 

Steve...........   Have some fun out there and catch a few big ones!

It's all good, but just for the record, this thread is one year old.  Your comment however, is coincidentally applicable, as his annual fishing trip is coming up soon I believe.   :aok

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2010, 05:24:58 PM »
LOL.... I just went back and saw the punt.   :salute

If he's going bass fishing, my thoughts will be with him for a 23 pounder!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 07:46:09 PM »
Steve is full-on would smack me if he could. 

I'm afraid you are mistaken.  While there are a few people in game who I hold in disdain and a couple I would wordlessly dropkick given the opportunity, you are not among them.    :aok

As for fishing. I'm indeed going bass fishing but the lakes I'll be fishing also hold excellent Muskie, Northern, and walleye.   23 pounder.. wow that owuld rock. I"ve never had the good fortunre of landing a largemouth bigger than 7 pounds.

I love to fish though... a month away from my trip and I'm already excited!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2010, 07:52:26 PM »
Steve...a few years back, on the first cast, my friend caught a 11lb 33" walleye in Canada. I have a picture somewhere I can get tomorrow if you would like to see it.

We were flown in by float plane and the second plane (which I and a few others were on) weren't even there yet and he already caught the damn thing. In the first hour of a 4 day trip!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »
Walleye and pike are the two fish I would like to fish for next, never have before.  Fished for sturgeon the first time a couple of weeks ago when I went back down to San Diego for the weekend at one of the lakes/reservoirs up in the local mountains.  Was fishing for trout using salmon eggs when I got one.  Ugly fish but a good fight.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010, 08:08:47 PM »
Walleye and pike are the two fish I would like to fish for next, never have before.  Fished for sturgeon the first time a couple of weeks ago when I went back down to San Diego for the weekend at one of the lakes/reservoirs up in the local mountains.  Was fishing for trout using salmon eggs when I got one.  Ugly fish but a good fight.

ack-ack
Walleye are the best eating IMO. They can be a decent fight.

Northern really love to fight, but are very bony so unless you know a method they aren't worth filleting.

On a different trip in Canada, my father dropped a red and white Genny beer can in the water off the boat and a Northern came up and chomped on it. Scared the crap out of him as he was leaning to get it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Makoyouidiot

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2010, 08:13:19 PM »
WOOO FISHING!

Personally, I prefer saltwater fishing, my favorite opponent being the Red Drum, and my favorite location being the bays and inlets around Port Aransas, Texas. Been vacationing there for years.

Seriously, this fish is so awesome that it qualifies for stained-glass church window status!  :D
Formerly known as Mako15, MakoShrk, and MattiasK, now flying as Matty, on long term leave.

"It's MAKO, you IDIOT!"