Author Topic: New Graphics = No Money from me!  (Read 4119 times)

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Re: New Graphics = No Money from me!
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »
Could you even play the OLD game with a 10 year old computer? I'm about due to get me a new computer, and it's less than 5.

I got "lucky" about 4 years ago. My CPU and motherboard melted and needed to be replaced. I think that's the only thing that enabled me to keep playing was that at the time the Athlon processor I got was pretty good. As of right now I've got a used Geforce 7800 AGP card and a couple sticks of RAM coming so hopefully it'll be enough.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2009, 09:42:45 AM »
I'm so tired of these whine threads
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2009, 09:48:32 AM »
I have noticed better game play in the last few days.  Less ho'in, ramming etc..  Have a few good fights last night except for the 5:1 odds against me,lol.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2009, 10:04:17 AM »
Update looks great to me. 

I'm having the same amount of fun as before, and the eye candy is nice!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2009, 10:04:47 AM »
My guess is that only a select few are seeing the game like a new Mustang (those that are playing on killer rigs). I think most are playing in a degraded mode (it plays but looks like crap compared to last weeks AH). So I guess we're really talking about most people driving something closer to a Desoto.

(Image removed from quote.)

My son is playing on a old AMD64 3200+ (single core 2.0 ghz) with a nvidia 7600GT 512 meg and 1 gig of system ram and gets 60 fps.  I sure there are older systems out there running just as good.  Problem is most people don't know how to tweak there system.  They expect a computer fresh out of the box to run a game with max detail and everything else at 100fps.  The fact is, it won't.  Most computers are running 40-70 processes running in the back ground and u will never get the performance out of the computer that u want.

Here is a comparison for ya.  You towing a trailer that weighs 15000lb's with a Ford F350 turbo diesel.  Another ford F350 turbo diesel (same exact truck) is pulling a trailer weighing at 10000lb's.  Which one u think is going to pull up hill faster?  Obvioulsy the one with the lighter load.  Same goes for a computer.  U can take 2 of the exact computers, 1 with 17 processes running in back ground and the other with 45 processes.  The one with 17 processes will get a much better FPS then the other and will be stutter free.

What I am saying is, take the time to read what people are doing to fix there problem.  Take suggestions, read how to tweak your system, ask for help.  Be part of the sollution, not the problem.  Simple as that.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »
I have everything maxed out in AH settings except the shadows and bump mapping and everything looks great on my system. I have noticed a few things that bug me but I passed them on to HTC and otherwise enjoying the game. I have not seen stutters or a lot of other issues people have reported but I also keep my machine more or less in trim and un-bloated.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2009, 10:13:22 AM »
I have everything maxed out in AH settings except the shadows and bump mapping and everything looks great on my system. I have noticed a few things that bug me but I passed them on to HTC and otherwise enjoying the game. I have not seen stutters or a lot of other issues people have reported but I also keep my machine more or less in trim and un-bloated.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2009, 10:14:24 AM »
As compared to pretty much any other large scale multiplayer game, the system requirements for the previous 2.13 and older versions was ridiculously low.  BaldEagl used to be able to run the game on his 600mhz machine.  Back in 2007 if you look up hitechcreations.com website on www.archive.org, the system requirements were 900mhz P3 256mb of ram.  In 2000, my first home built computer was a P3 933 and 256mb of ram.

You cannot hang onto your relic computer or low-end computers forever expecting nothing will change.  I've read the forums for years and a lot of you guys need to be in nursing homes with the attitude you bring towards any type of change.  "Well I've had O'Reilly's brand tomato soup for 45 years and you're telling me I can't get it anymore?  Well I'll shop somewhere else!"

The system specs a lot of guys have that are running into FPS problems are 5+ years old.  If they're not that told, they have onboard video and are in serious needs of upgrades.  Please give me some type of graphically intense online multiplayer game that you can play without a hitch on your Onboard Geforce 6150 chipset or your ATI 9600.

If you want a game with stagnant development, go play Windows Solitaire.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2009, 10:45:12 AM »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 10:54:14 AM by Helm »
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2009, 10:53:24 AM »
I bet this MrYellow clown does not even fly ....I for one have never heard of him ....he probably works for warbirds

So MR.nobody ...please  stay in the stone age with those year 2000 graphics!  I can assure you ...you wont be missed!

and and by the way ....the new improvements have actually convinced me to stay with the game .....what do you think about that  Mr.lamer?

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2009, 11:00:28 AM »
Update looks great to me. 

I'm having the same amount of fun as before, and the eye candy is nice!

Yup, but glare from the sun and clouds really need some tlc.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2009, 11:05:48 PM »
Could you even play the OLD game with a 10 year old computer? I'm about due to get me a new computer, and it's less than 5.

I'm currently playing on an 850 mHz AMD processor, original build 1999. NVIDIA 7900 GT GPU, added in 2004 or 5(?).  Both are overclocked, with 2 gigs of add on RAM.

I played the old version at 50 Frames per second.
I'm playing the new version, without water and shadows at 45 FPS.

It's all in how you maintain your rig.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2009, 11:10:08 PM »
Was it worth fixing something that wasn't broken?

-Ben

I agree. They should apply this to the military, too. I mean if infantry still lined up in columns, then biplane bombers would still be really effective. But they had to screw it all up by upgrading and trying new things.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2009, 11:22:12 PM »
I guess the problem here is that the Mustang is running fine on most of the communities' systems, and so we're simply getting tired of people squeaking about the patch, mostly because we view the upgrade as progress, and not some sinister HTC plot to screw everyone's gaming experience.

Things are running fine for me.  Seems like you tweaked the ho a bit too maybe?

Personally, i think a more updated netcode should have been in the works before grafx update.  Which personally again, imo I don't see that much of an improvement.  Looks ...ok...but more like a linear change than anything.

I HOPING that this overhaul was for future progress and that this was a groundwork being laid that couldn't be done with the previous grafx system. 

Again, I hope.  Otherwise I personally don't think it was worth the upgrade.

Things like a better ground battle, netcode that is faster etc would do worlds for me.  If it were about graphics for me, I wouldn't be playing this game.  It's about the semi realism , gameplay, the people etc.

While I agree there is too much yelling about the update, I also believe there should have been more listening to the community which went unheard from what I can tell.  Anyone that complained about it in the beta was squashed down. 

Remember, if one person is complaining - 100 people are thinking the same thing but too afraid to say it.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2009, 11:50:22 PM »
Remember, if one person is complaining - 100 people are thinking the same thing but too afraid to say it.

And 500 people that aren't complaining either don't have a BBSID (seems the whiners all rushed in to make one) or just laugh and meander about on their way...
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.