Author Topic: I am not worthy of the AvA  (Read 3665 times)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Re: I am not worthy of the AvA
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2009, 01:04:20 AM »
 Seems to me the people getting attacked the most are the ones that try the AVA.And find it distasteful. Where is it wrong to give opinion as to why? People get berated,mass reported for having the gall to shoot someone down...nay 3 people down....they are screamed at on 200 for not flying according to the holy se's idea of whats right,only to see self appointed rulers of the place do the exact same thing. How anyone can stand for such behavior,and then wonder why the AVA is ground zero for empty is beyond me.
  AVA used to be a great place. Maybe if the powers that be,the REAL ones see more people speaking out over what turns them off about it,we might just get that back.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2009, 01:16:53 AM »
Since you seem to have a hard on about the mass reporting please tell me what you know about that incident.

Fact 1: It didn't happen in the AvA it was in the MW.
Fact 2: It wasn't after anyone was shotdown. The person logged in and said 'hello' and that's when the reports happened.
Fact 3: It wasn't the whole squad. It was no more then three people of that squad and from what ever you here I wasn't one of them.
Fact 4: The people that did do the reporting got punished and I got an email from skuzzy letting me know that if it happened again those that did participate in it would be booted from the game.

Since that is all cleared up please don't bring it up in the AvA boards again since it clearly doesn't belong in it, and if you do have anymore questions please PM me or skuzzy. Because every time you bring it up here I will report it to skuzzy since it is against the rules.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2009, 01:25:00 AM »
 Its a trend. And you just run along and report that. Get some friends to join in.Seems to be your strong suit.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2009, 01:34:15 AM »
Seems to me the people getting attacked the most are the ones that try the AVA.And find it distasteful. Where is it wrong to give opinion as to why? People get berated,mass reported for having the gall to shoot someone down...nay 3 people down....they are screamed at on 200 for not flying according to the holy se's idea of whats right,only to see self appointed rulers of the place do the exact same thing. How anyone can stand for such behavior,and then wonder why the AVA is ground zero for empty is beyond me.
  AVA used to be a great place. Maybe if the powers that be,the REAL ones see more people speaking out over what turns them off about it,we might just get that back.

Let me try to respond to each of these items you brought up here in turn:

1.  "Seems to me the people getting attacked the most are the ones that try the AVA.And find it distasteful."

For each and every individual that feels they are attacked in the AVA an equal or greater number seem to have a good time and rarely get involved in a purse fight. What this means to me is that if an individual goes into the AVA expecting a purse fight, they enter the arena swinging a purse. In other words it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

There really is no more or no worse verbal taunting in the AVA than there is in any of the other arenas (in fact it is less, and that is fact). There are always way fewer numbers in the AVA and that creates the perception that there is alot of purse swinging. It is only a perception.

2.  "Where is it wrong to give opinion as to why?"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving an opinion. It just doesn't need to be expressed as an attack or with the purpose of causing a personal conflict.

3. "People get berated,mass reported for having the gall to shoot someone down...nay 3 people down....they are screamed at on 200 for not flying according to the holy se's idea of whats right,only to see self appointed rulers of the place do the exact same thing. How anyone can stand for such behavior,and then wonder why the AVA is ground zero for empty is beyond me."

First of all, the "mass reporting" was a few individuals only, it was dealt with as Larry has already stated and has no bearing on the AVA. That is a dead horse. I have never seen people screamed at for not flying according to some divine rulers laws. See first reply in this post for clarification there.

4.  "AVA used to be a great place. Maybe if the powers that be,the REAL ones see more people speaking out over what turns them off about it,we might just get that back."

The AVA is still a great place. What's not a great place right now is the AVA forum. You know if you are really interested in helping the AVA better, a bit of constructive and coherent thoughts and ideas are always welcome. If everyone would park the BBS away in a corner for a while and just fly the
arena (and check their purses at the door) it would go along way to squashing the bad rep that has been garnered there.

As a side note, I can tell you that we Staff are taking a more hands on approach to the arena, and are quite willing to police it if need be, but that stick swings with a pretty broad arc. Naturally, it would be better for each individual to police themselves.

Anything else I can help you with tonight?

RTR

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 01:36:16 AM by RTR »
The Damned

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2009, 01:44:47 AM »
Get this man a beer and a clean sheep. :salute

Didn't Jaeger have the sheep last?

Are they even cleanable? :D

RTR
The Damned

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2009, 02:08:02 AM »
BTW Larry makes aircraft skins, designs maps and sets up missions in the AvA.  What do you do for the AH community drdea?
Still waiting for an answer on this?
Well gee.Such a pillar of the community should have people just tripping over themselves trying to get a spot in right? I mean come on. Lets be realistic if you can.Which I seriously doubt at this point.All Im seeing to justify the low numbers is the same old tired line.Nobody there cause nobodys there. Kinda like stupid is as stupid does and makes less sense.  Nobody wants to make a habit of going into AVA because JG 54,class acts whatever have the by and large community convinced they are childish,egotistical,arrogant<Do ya need posts to show how they perceive this> and as long as they have what looks like a clamp on the arena most people are happy to let them have their own little slice of heaven.I mean EW is a porkfest.AVA is a dorkfest.
 <dorkfest does not imply everyone flying there is a dork.If fact around 40 non dorks flew there one night and "we got teh pix to prove it ah yup we sur nuff do.">

LMAO! No where in that rant did you answer the question  :rofl :rofl :lol.

However you did manage to throw in a personal insult:"Lets be realistic if you can.Which I seriously doubt at this point."
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Greziz

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2009, 03:13:49 AM »
Just as an outside player that is I would like to claim as new to this community having hardly more than 4-5 months under my belt, would like to state that I have a great interest in the axis vs allies arena. That being stated the arena reminds me of a crop field during the great depression, ya know with the whole dust and tumble weed thing going down. I would love to see the ava filled with 200 plus people regularly. However this game just does not have the numbers to fill 2 LATE WAR arena's and AvA. Given the choice of entering an arena with 20 people or an arena with 150-350ish people most of you all will go for the larger arena as its larger numbers will mean you will see some progress and good action somewhere. Where as an arena with 20 people will take a server wide coordination to even get enough people to try and take a base from 1-2 defenders in flak and a plane or two. I think a good way to fix this would be to eliminate one of the late war arena's that way when one of the late war arena overflows you know to where it is like 243/200 well the excess players itching for their fix will have to either fly ew mw or AvA This would give the other neglected and lonely arena's a little time in the lime light for better or worse.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2009, 07:52:15 AM »
I think a good way to fix this would be to eliminate one of the late war arena's that way when one of the late war arena overflows you know to where it is like 243/200 well the excess players itching for their fix will have to either fly ew mw or AvA

They will go MW, not AvA.
The AvA setup is so different from MA play that most players will fill up all other available MA's first before going to AvA.
Has already happened.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »
LMAO you must be blind or stupid if you think any of my shots were HOs.

I saw them as (poor attempts at) HO's too.  It seemed to be your intent and had you been able to pull guns on it seemed you most certainly would have.  Maybe I need to watch the film again but I'm really not all that interested.  Just providing a second opinion.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2009, 10:39:55 AM »
I didn't view them as HO's as much as what I used to call "nose down" shots back as a trainer. As a general rule that type of shot is a very poor decision ACM wise since it normally creates a number of problems. Increased speed decreases turn rate and creates a scenario where your losing angles, bleeding E and minimizing any chance for success if you attempt a sustained fight. The general exception is if your higher but slower and you combine a nose down front quarter pass with a zoom extension in the vertical, the idea of the pass being to force the other guy to expend E evading and then pull g's in chasing what he perceives to be a B&Z noob...basically the "HO" is setting up a rope from what was actually a neg E initial position. Taken in combination with the later sequence its a pretty pitiful display from someone who is obviously much more capable then that.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2009, 11:43:15 AM »
to all of those that have a problem with JG54: instead of being girls, why dont you all man up and come to our forum and say what you want to say. maybe even try to bury the hatchet so to speak( not in someone's head either!)

we welcome any "Man" that has guts enough to come and say what you have to say to our faces. No fear of retribution, no fear of PNG, no fear of muting and NO RULES!

we will even make a private forum so that no one else can see whats being discussed. your option!

that is the challenge. otherwise your just a mealy-mouth weinie hiding behind a computer. anyone that had anything bad to say about us after this post is a girl!!

say it to our faces!! www.ahgreenhearts.org/phpbb

Put up or shut up!  Lets stop this madness!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:45:52 AM by captain1ma »

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2009, 12:17:38 PM »
 Ive seen your "Glee club" You even have some idiot poseing as Skuzzy. You guys can keep that little sand box too.Its got more ugly in it than flamewarrior ever did.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2009, 02:22:41 PM »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2009, 02:39:09 PM »
I saw them as (poor attempts at) HO's too.  It seemed to be your intent and had you been able to pull guns on it seemed you most certainly would have.  Maybe I need to watch the film again but I'm really not all that interested.  Just providing a second opinion.

Then you don't know me, but hey most of the people who trashtalk me don't eather so that isn't new. I very rarely HO in the AvA. If he would have pulled his nose up to me I wouldn't have shot, but since he gave me a top down shot I took it and missed horribly both times.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »
Ive seen your "Glee club"

Of course you have, you're obsessed with JG54.