Author Topic: For the 190 lovers  (Read 990 times)

Offline expat

• Silver Member
For the 190 lovers
« on: July 12, 2009, 07:15:16 AM »
This is a flug werk 190 think it's based in france looks dam good  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjVbtGdrFHg

I cant wait to here from the squad , they are of to Duxford to see this ...lucky sods!!!!
goggles on ,chocks away, last one backs a homo  hooraaaaaaaaay!

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
Re: For the 190 lovers
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 09:33:17 AM »
Nice flight, have a bottle of Spitfire!  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gW3FZ9rMWQ&feature=related

-C+

PS. Painting that same bird: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-AiqTm__sc
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 09:42:34 AM by Charge »
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 09:45:41 AM »
It's good to see a German bird with the Swastika on it....

Sure, it may be a symbol of great evil perpetrated in the past.... but this is a historical replication and it's just not the same without it.

Good on them for having the balls to stand up to the PC wuss-bags who complain about this sort of garbage.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »

Sure, it may be a symbol of great evil perpetrated in the past.... but this is a historical replication and it's just not the same without it.

Good on them for having the balls to stand up to the PC wuss-bags who complain about this sort of garbage.

+1   :aok
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »

Amen!! 

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »
Nice.

I don't see any cannon represented on the wings (could just be my old eyes).

It does looks like a double cockpit tho - is that right? - any idea on rides? costs?  :aok

thanx eh!
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 12:18:24 PM »
Nice.

It does looks like a double cockpit tho - is that right? - any idea on rides? costs?  :aok

thanx eh!
No, it just had the canopy rolled back (with the armor plate attached) when he landed.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 12:57:33 AM »
Nice.

thanx eh!
LOL...wreked...time to get a 24 inch monitor instead of that puny thing you're using now...that was a single seat...what you see behind the pilot is the armor plating... :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 09:25:34 AM »

I agree. 

I don't think that there is any reasonable human being who agrees with the darker portions of what it represents (read: holocaust), but I think that we are doing future generations a disservice by "watering down" the history.

Instead of hiding the symbol in an effort to avoid "admiration," it should be displayed in all cases as a reminder of just how terrible some of the crap that went on in Europe during the early 40's actually was...  Just another example of how screwy political correctness has gotten. 

No one seems to take issue with the Soviet H&C, never mind that Stalin made Hitler look like an amateur mass-murderer, and yet, for some reason, the old CSA battle flag is resisted due to slavery which, heck, it didnt even represent in the first place...

Ignorance results in these decisions.  Education is, in all situations, far preferable.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:27:07 AM by Saurdaukar »

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 09:26:15 AM »
LOL...wreked...time to get a 24 inch monitor instead of that puny thing you're using now...that was a single seat...what you see behind the pilot is the armor plating... :lol

Tiger direct has some great monitor deals right now.

I just picked up a 24" Acer for about $165.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 09:42:30 AM »
Make sure you check out stuff like monitors before buying online.  Bought this 22" Acer without seeing it in person first.  Kinda regret not shelling out 40-60 bucks more for a screen that doesn't have this one's low brightness artifacts... You can see the lamps.  Everything at the very top or bottom 1/6th of the screen near the middle is something like 50% what it should be, in brightness.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »
Make sure you check out stuff like monitors before buying online.  Bought this 22" Acer without seeing it in person first.  Kinda regret not shelling out 40-60 bucks more for a screen that doesn't have this one's low brightness artifacts... You can see the lamps.  Everything at the very top or bottom 1/6th of the screen near the middle is something like 50% what it should be, in brightness.

Ive been 100% satisfied with mine.  Had it for maybe 3 weeks now.  Great picture quality - didnt even need to adjust any contrast/sharpness/etc settings.

Have you considered returning it?  I know Acer isnt Sony, but what youre describing sounds more like a defect than a "cheap" monitor.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »
Nah, too late now.  It's only a problem in really dark videos.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 12:13:54 PM »
I haven't had any issues with the 22 inch Acer lcd I bought from Buy.com...sucker is bright too.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 01:07:51 PM »
The one I'm using is an X223W.  Do you get no noticeable backlighting in really dark video, e.g. night time in Fallout3 with realistic gamma level?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you