Author Topic: JESTER, to settle our argument earlier...  (Read 3836 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: JESTER, to settle our argument earlier...
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2009, 07:31:09 PM »
This is a game.  It's meant to be fun.  The fun is in the fight and pitting your skills against your opponents skills.

Some would say the fun is in getting the kill and landing to see their name lit up in the buffer...points hounds.  Just taking a guess here but your main ride in this game is a pony or spit...maybe an f4u?

Quote from: BaldEagl link
If flying for 5 minutes to arrive and then taking a 50-50 chance on a joust is what you like then go for it.  You'll always be a .5 K/S flyer and be viewed as a n00b.

:salute

LOL...I'm not even that right now...too aggressive (and I don't own $200 worth of sim flying gear)...if someone is coming straight at me co-alt then I can only assume he's gonna open fire as soon as he get within range...I'll take the shot and not worry about whether someone thinks I'm a n00b...or the crying in the text buffer.

<S> see you in the arena
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2009, 07:36:35 PM »
Actually, you're missing the sarcasm :D

You're confusing what sarcasm is with cheap insults. There is a difference.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2009, 07:48:29 PM »
You're confusing what sarcasm is with cheap insults. There is a difference.
My bad, but I can't help it you're cheap.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2009, 08:27:46 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:17:25 AM by Skuzzy »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »
I like a fight on the deck. Last night a few of the 80th were on and I don't think any of us ever got over 5k. The cons were coming in around 6 to 10k. It was great. You'll learn more about what you and your plane can do by staying low. Just because someone has a physical advantage does not mean they have all the marbles.  :aok

Agreed. Usually I'm around 10k for what little speed I can get in my A6M5b, but it's always a blast to get jumped by a couple of plans above me and come out victorious.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2009, 10:25:58 PM »
I still stand firm, like i have stated before, dont want me to shoot you in your face, simply turn your plane around. Im just as happy to chase you down and put some .50's in your tail pipe.

I cannot understand for the life of me WHY people who fly 38's "vertical roll overs 24/7" F4u's "Dump power hit Q 4 times pull back" or spitfires "uhm..pull back?" INSIST on other pilots letting them have that chance to do something so simple and dominate a fight ** Almost every time the same way over and over and over*, just because someone came along and shoots them in the face first.

Most ho WHINES are from people who want the fight the way THEY want it, well its combat..and its not about you. Its about me. :rock

If two pilots want* to have a merge then combat, that is upto them.

:x
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:27:41 PM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2009, 11:10:16 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:12:50 AM by Skuzzy »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2009, 11:24:42 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:17:43 AM by Skuzzy »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2009, 11:27:48 PM »
See Rule #4

I smell a shade, and a particularly stinky one at that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:13:06 AM by Skuzzy »
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2009, 12:27:52 AM »
So many of these kids just don't get it.

As I said : there will always be "arcade/sports" players AND "sim" players.
Interesting that some feel it necesary to to sing the praises of their style while speaking degradingly of the other. <shrug>

Regardless of your style there is never any reason IMHO to speak down about someone elses play. How YOU play is obviously right for you - doesn't mean for everyone else.

Takes all kinds I guess....go figure eh!

It's called a community. You may live in one. How do you feel about drug dealers in your community..... do you pat them on the back and say it's ok... it's your life. Some folks have expectations of how this community should be and they are disappointed when some fail. When someone fails it is probable that someone will say something. No PC here, just telling it like it is.

If no one says anything the play will degrade into a cesspool where many would just up and leave for better pastures.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:33:30 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2009, 12:30:53 AM »
I smell a shade, and a particularly stinky one at that.

So that's what that smell was... :noid :uhoh

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2009, 09:19:57 AM »
So many of these kids just don't get it.

It's called a community. You may live in one. How do you feel about drug dealers in your community..... do you pat them on the back and say it's ok... it's your life. Some folks have expectations of how this community should be and they are disappointed when some fail. When someone fails it is probable that someone will say something. No PC here, just telling it like it is.

If no one says anything the play will degrade into a cesspool where many would just up and leave for better pastures.

"drug dealers" "cesspool"...... I am indeed saddened to see you have such a low view of THIS community here - but know that I've seen those OTHER pastures and they ain't much better - I hope things improve for you.

Generally tho:

Isn’t it always that there are a few who have :

Communed with the Almighty and have been given THE WORD of the GAME and it is the ONLY WORD and they have been COMMANDED from on HIGH to spread THE WORD to the unclean  and dim witted that surround their AUGUST personage. For THE WORD is all that is HOLY in the LAND and it SHALL be OBEYED. Their voices shall RING forth with a SACRED CRUSADE to cleanse the LAND so that it will be SAFE from CORRUPTION as THEY see it. From on HIGH they shall thunder forth their WORDS so that the peons below them may SEE the LIGHT and the LAND will be as it should be in THEIR minds….and those who may nay say them shall be BEATEN into the dust with the FORCE and VOLUME of their preaching………

<PHHTTTT>

To be told you are wrong  if you attempt to incorporate historical actions into a WWII Air combat simulation is ludicrous – unless of course it is just an “arcade” game. In that case it will be all right to see flying saucers and be told it is OK as long as they agree to T&B and don’t HO.  LOL

What I’m hearing here is justification that you MUST use the FM’s you have in ways that they were never intended – and crapping all over people who say “No I’m going to fight my plane the way it was intended". You can bloody believe if I’m in a 190A8 you will NOT see me doing much TnB - it operated mainly as a jabo/buff kiler/B’nZ  fighter – sure a good stick can mix it up low ‘ n slow but THAT wasn’t where it excelled.  It’s like saying a dump truck should be used for regularly running to the 7-11 for milk – you can do it but not very well. Or using a Tommy Gun as a sniper weapon – heheh

Like I said : arcade vs sim  players – Let each to their own is my attitude – In 20+ years enjoying this game I’ve never understood some peoples insistence THEY are the holders of the ONLY WAY to play the game <shrug>

…go figure eh!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:36:51 AM by Wreked »
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2009, 10:10:48 AM »
  I'm on the side that agrees it takes Two to Ho. Always avoid being in the line of sight of ANY Gun. Don't expect a Plane to Pass by you and set up a fight unless you're in the DA and set the rules with an opponent.
  If you think the Ho is the best way to get kills watch that good pilot that flames you every time. As you attempt your run he will avoid your Ho and because he knows where you're headed he easily gets your six.  :uhoh Nothing is more satisfying than out manuvering an opponent in a Dogfight as you both twist and turn to gain gun solution.

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2009, 10:28:21 AM »
  I'm on the side that agrees it takes Two to Ho. Always avoid being in the line of sight of ANY Gun. Don't expect a Plane to Pass by you and set up a fight unless you're in the DA and set the rules with an opponent.
  If you think the Ho is the best way to get kills watch that good pilot that flames you every time. As you attempt your run he will avoid your Ho and because he knows where you're headed he easily gets your six.  :uhoh Nothing is more satisfying than out manuvering an opponent in a Dogfight as you both twist and turn to gain gun solution.

(Image removed from quote.)

is that tom duffy;s corsair?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2009, 11:12:57 AM »
"drug dealers" "cesspool"...... I am indeed saddened to see you have such a low view of THIS community here - but know that I've seen those OTHER pastures and they ain't much better - I hope things improve for you.

Generally tho:

Isn’t it always that there are a few who have :

Communed with the Almighty and have been given THE WORD of the GAME and it is the ONLY WORD and they have been COMMANDED from on HIGH to spread THE WORD to the unclean  and dim witted that surround their AUGUST personage. For THE WORD is all that is HOLY in the LAND and it SHALL be OBEYED. Their voices shall RING forth with a SACRED CRUSADE to cleanse the LAND so that it will be SAFE from CORRUPTION as THEY see it. From on HIGH they shall thunder forth their WORDS so that the peons below them may SEE the LIGHT and the LAND will be as it should be in THEIR minds….and those who may nay say them shall be BEATEN into the dust with the FORCE and VOLUME of their preaching………

<PHHTTTT>

To be told you are wrong  if you attempt to incorporate historical actions into a WWII Air combat simulation is ludicrous – unless of course it is just an “arcade” game. In that case it will be all right to see flying saucers and be told it is OK as long as they agree to T&B and don’t HO.  LOL

What I’m hearing here is justification that you MUST use the FM’s you have in ways that they were never intended – and crapping all over people who say “No I’m going to fight my plane the way it was intended". You can bloody believe if I’m in a 190A8 you will NOT see me doing much TnB - it operated mainly as a jabo/buff kiler/B’nZ  fighter – sure a good stick can mix it up low ‘ n slow but THAT wasn’t where it excelled.  It’s like saying a dump truck should be used for regularly running to the 7-11 for milk – you can do it but not very well. Or using a Tommy Gun as a sniper weapon – heheh

Like I said : arcade vs sim  players – Let each to their own is my attitude – In 20+ years enjoying this game I’ve never understood some peoples insistence THEY are the holders of the ONLY WAY to play the game <shrug>

…go figure eh!

Again you just don't get it. I never said this community is a cesspool. However it could be if folks don't speak up as a community.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)