Author Topic: Lucifer  (Read 10987 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Lucifer
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2009, 11:30:08 AM »
Are you at liberty to go into more detail?  I always enjoy hearing about the history of this game.

(No names needed, just wondering why the groaning/what were some good stories/etc.)

Vudak...

In addition to what SB posted, Top Gunz included the AW producer and head of customer service, also the head of Game Storm (Kesmai's foray into an online gaming service). It even included an AW competitor....the creator of this game....HiTech.

We would get together every couple of weeks and play in the full real arena. Everyone had handles from the Top Gun movie and created annoying macros from the movie. The point was to fly as poorly as possible, while being as annoying as possible. Rocketman created a web site for us ( complete with a very annoying computer version of "Highway to the Danger Zone" [that you couldn't turn off]). Grey Eagle (GE here), an artist with Kesmai created a logo for us (the one that Gunzo ripped).....and we became the talk of AW. It was hilarious. There were posts on the boards and complaints to AW management about the dweebish Top Gunz. Funny thing though, the people they were complaining to were the people they were complaining about!! :D

This went on for about 8 months. The Gunz announced that they would be at the 1999 AW con in Dallas (coincidentally, SB organized the con :)). We had tee shirts made up with the squad logo and everyone wore the Tee's to the Saturday night banquet under their regular shirts. The "jaw hitting the floor" moment at the "unveiling" was beyond classic.

Now THAT was a troll!! :devil

BTW, GE's art is an F14 with giant fish hooks instead of vertical stabs.  :devil

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
 :rofl

I don't think it could ever be done today without causing WW3 on the forums, but that sounds like it was the classic of classics - the very first MOAT :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »
The funniest part about the Top Gunz, was that so many people who should have known better, bit on it.  A few of us would try and tell folks, don't bite, this sure smells like stinky bait, but they'd go ballistic and try and rip the Top Gunz a new one day after day after day.

The Avatar looked familiar which was why I asked initially.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2009, 11:58:06 AM »
The Avatar looked familiar which was why I asked initially.

...which is why I initially posted. :)

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2009, 12:01:17 PM »
This is all so confusing that I think a couple of clarifying questions are in order.

1. What is the specific accusation w/r the topic? Who is accused of being "Lucifer"?
2. SkyRock, what evidence do you have that you are being ass-punked repeatedly by someone who assumes different names/shades?
3. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his bee-otch?
4. Gunzo, why do you feel a need to conceal your porking? If I were wailing away on SkyRock, I'd probably be quite upfront with my id.

But then, I'm a mere noob, albeit a credentialed one, of sorts.

It is a game, after all - or at least that's what I was told when I asked if I needed to choke my radiator flap.

Skyrock's post sounds a bit paranoid and sour grapes, Gunzo's undercuts its own false bravado. I'd say you should have it out - i.e., I guess I support SR's request even as he sounds a bit enlarged in der pupenschute from his last encounter with the preening Gunzo. 
yup, no cut and dry stuff here, hence my request to really make a spectacle of things, and just fight.  Hell, how do I even know Snozzle is Gunzo?  Only one way to find out.... :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »
2. SkyRock, what evidence do you have that you are being ass-punked repeatedly by someone who assumes different names/shades?
3. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his bee-otch?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Top Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »
you posting to yourself?  :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2009, 01:21:06 PM »

It seems he attempts to recognise the way people fly. If we all used flying style as a means of identification, we would be confusing SkyRock with every two week noob in the arena  :rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Gunzo

Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »
It's settled then.  HiTech= Top Gunzo.  I KNEW IT!!11one!
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2009, 01:45:14 PM »
seems you're troll is getting tangled up in itself.... why not just fight me under the cpid tintin, your apparent latest cpid incarnation....maybe snozzle was better than me that day....sure looked like it.... at any rate, I doubt tintin, or Gunzo will do as good....  but then again, that would not be what you are all about...would it?  you've quoted that poster twice now....let me give you a quote from that same post....

"Gunzo's undercuts its own false bravado. I'd say you should have it out - i.e., I guess I support SR's request"  
 :aok

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2009, 01:47:11 PM »
Ok ill admit it, im gunzu. :D
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2009, 01:48:50 PM »
Don't get TOO full of yourself, Gunzo. Why NOT fight him again?

The entertainment value alone might be worth a big draw. You could make an SEA out of it and allow observers, much like we butcher birds do when Notch calls a BB of the Roost (BBotR) competition.

Otherwise, I'm not trying to go too hard on SkyRock, though, it does seems that, if he lost, he should own it - and to his credit, he hasn't disavowed the fact of losing.

That, and I just like the visual conjured by my colorful language.

I'd set it up like a BBotR.

I mean, if you're trying to determine the best stick, breadth of experience and knowledge of type strengths/tactics to suit should count.

Hence, I'd have an impartial moderator who enables one type of plane chosen at the time by that moderator. He'd enable that plane only, you'd take off from opposite runways and, after some initial separation, the fight would be on.

Rinse and repeat after that... you could make it loser (or winner or the moderator again) of the first round picks the second round, and so on.

Then we'd all get to WATCH somebody roll somebody else over and make him "bee-otch hangar queen for the day".
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2009, 02:06:45 PM »
Also, and before I forget, Vince Schlomi has it all over these other clowns!

I betcha Billy Mays wasn't blowing $5k a night on callgirls - much less getting his bellybutton kicked by them.

Are you followin' me, camera guy?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2009, 02:09:03 PM »
har har har doh!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2009, 02:26:39 PM »
Don't get TOO full of yourself, Gunzo. Why NOT fight him again?

The entertainment value alone might be worth a big draw. You could make an SEA out of it and allow observers, much like we butcher birds do when Notch calls a BB of the Roost (BBotR) competition.

Otherwise, I'm not trying to go too hard on SkyRock, though, it does seems that, if he lost, he should own it - and to his credit, he hasn't disavowed the fact of losing.

That, and I just like the visual conjured by my colorful language.

I'd set it up like a BBotR.

I mean, if you're trying to determine the best stick, breadth of experience and knowledge of type strengths/tactics to suit should count.

Hence, I'd have an impartial moderator who enables one type of plane chosen at the time by that moderator. He'd enable that plane only, you'd take off from opposite runways and, after some initial separation, the fight would be on.

Rinse and repeat after that... you could make it loser (or winner or the moderator again) of the first round picks the second round, and so on.

Then we'd all get to WATCH somebody roll somebody else over and make him "bee-otch hangar queen for the day".

Or...  They could just go into the DA, and we could all hawk around in CM Eye Mode.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group