Author Topic: Removing and suspending squads in FSO  (Read 3414 times)

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
Re: Removing and suspending squads in FSO
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »
I joined Aces High for something to do ,,I joined my squad becuse they were a group that liked to fly together .
I knew nothing about the FSO when I joined with them and I quickly found it to be a real great time .
With this said , I beleive the rules are fair because I dont want another ma or furball arena
Most of the people I fly against are great pilots and rarely ho or vulch. It is a great time! If a squad does not follow the rules ,it is not good for everyone else who does.
We follow the rules just like everbody should whether we like them ort not that isi not the point. They are the rules plain and simple If you dont like the rules,then I sugest you talk it over nicely instead of getting mad on the bbs.Rules are not set in stone in anytghing and can be changed if you just act like a human and discuss your  points ( make sure youi have valid points) enough said im going back to work !!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »
The rules are fair, but my point is and was that the rules shouldn't be enforced so stringently when FSO is already admittedly extremely volatile when it comes to numbers disparities from week to week.  The fact that you are comparing the FSO rules to the laws of the USA shows that you are taking the rules/punishments a little too seriously tbh.  You guys do well and make it a fun experience and I appreciate that.  I just hope that you work with squads a little more patiently to try to correct issues before just suspending them.   :salute

And P.S., I'm not in LCA, I was merely sticking up for them because a suspension doesn't seem right.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:41:48 PM by grizz441 »

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2009, 05:33:43 PM »
The rules are fair, but my point is and was that the rules shouldn't be enforced so stringently when FSO is already admittedly extremely volatile when it comes to numbers disparities from week to week. 

While I get what you're saying, I also fully understand what the staff guys are saying about the effects of over/under squads.

If this latest action is an attempt by the staff to get FSO back on track by enforcing the rules, then I fully support it.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 05:47:14 PM »
Usually CMs do work with squads and issue a warning at the end of each frame to squads over or under. I can't comment if that was the case in this situation because I was not the admin CM. I can say that during Husky and other FSOs that I was the admin CM that warnings were issued after each specific frame to squads that were over or under to give them time to try to address the issue.

X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »
Usually CMs do work with squads and issue a warning at the end of each frame to squads over or under. I can't comment if that was the case in this situation because I was not the admin CM. I can say that during Husky and other FSOs that I was the admin CM that warnings were issued after each specific frame to squads that were over or under to give them time to try to address the issue.

Rgr ghostdancer, you seem to have the right attitude then as a CM to ensure FSO is fun and fair for all.   :salute

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 06:50:15 PM »
Good posts Ghostdancer <S>
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
Btw, I want to say that it is the standard procedure for CMs to contact squads after each frame in regards to any issue. This is just not my practice but all CMs.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2009, 07:52:04 PM »
Being one of the squads that this post is about I want to say this...

My squad enjoys the FSO. I enjoy the FSO. As the LCA's CO, our numbers in the first frame were my fault. The second frame was a late entry and a bad count...still my fault. The third frame was a misunderstanding because of a email I received. Still my fault.

My squad will, was, and is going to serve our suspension. I appreciate the advice of looking for another squad to fly with, but my squaddies and I will not do that.

Myself and my squaddies are done posting about it, you will not hear anymore on this issue from us, and I hope this thread falls to the bottom of the list quick.

I would like to apologize to the CM's of the event for the trouble it has caused, and to let you know we are not just trying to stir the pot.

Good luck to the Squads and Pilots in the August FSO............

And rest up when you can because the LCA will be back in September  :salute
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:54:59 PM by HighTone »

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2009, 07:54:53 PM »
Being the one of the squads that this post is about I want to say this...

My squad enjoys the FSO. I enjoy the FSO. As the LCA's CO, our numbers in the first frame were my fault. The second frame was a late entry and a bad count...still my fault. The third frame was a misunderstanding because of a email I received. Still my fault.

My squad will, was, and is going to serve our suspension. I appreciate the advice of looking for another squad to fly with, but my squaddies and I will not do that.

Myself and my squaddies are done posting about it, you will not hear anymore on this issue from us, and I hope this thread falls to the bottom of the list quick.

I would like to apologize to the CM's of the event for the trouble it has caused, and to let you know we are not just trying to stir the pot.

Good luck to the Squads and Pilots in the August FSO............

And rest up when you can because the LCA will be back in September  :salute

:salute

I applaud your attitude.  Look forward to LCA's return.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »
Just had to get this off my chest, the ball is in his court, maybe he will man up.  It can't be that hard to apologize when you are wrong.
Skyrock this thread has nothing to do with your squad.

I have not replied to your e-mails because after the first volley of rude, threatening responses your e-mails automatically go in the trash. The same will happen with your PM’s if they get out of hand.

I have made myself quite clear to you several times, but you just don’t get it.
Army of Muppets
Assigned Zekes Frame 1 (7 pilots attend)
Assigned Val’s Frame 2 (2 pilots attend)
Assigned Zekes Frame 3 (9 pilots attend)

I send a polite but firm warning to your squad about attending no matter what aircraft your assigned and you go ballistic. I don’t care if you agree with me or not. Considering the last 3 frames my wording was entirely reasonable.

As for the LCA, after exchanging several polite and respectful e-mails and PM’s it is settled. They and Hightone have shown what a class act they are.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2009, 03:25:36 AM »
I send a polite but firm warning to your squad about attending no matter what aircraft your assigned and you go ballistic. I don’t care if you agree with me or not. Considering the last 3 frames my wording was entirely reasonable.

That's what we like to call an 'implied accusation', something I'd hardly call polite.  Quite the contrary as a matter of fact, very rude.  Go to page 2 of this thread and take a view at the screenshot posted.  It explains the reason there weren't any pilots at the FSO.  It had nothing to do with aircraft.  Apology?

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2009, 05:12:37 AM »
Grizz -- you appear to be in this thread just provoking people.  Please knock it off.  Neither incident appear to involve yourself, but you've got the most posts in this thread.  Time for you to stop posting in this thread unless you are part of the LCA (which you said you were not) or you were directly sent a message from a CM indicating your were suspended.

Offline 96Delta

• Nickel Member
      • Loose Cannons Alliance (LCA)  "Realize Your Potential"
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2009, 10:18:55 AM »
As for the LCA, after exchanging several polite and respectful e-mails and PM’s it is settled. They and Hightone have shown what a class act they are.

Thank you daddog.   :salute
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:25:59 AM by 96Delta »

To be sure you are going to Heaven when you die  CLICK HERE.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2009, 11:42:26 AM »
Lock it .... nuff said
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Glen69

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2009, 04:10:52 PM »
Quote from: daddog on Yesterday at 09:45:14 PM

Thank you daddog.   
My personal venting over. At least it was reviewed. :salute CM's + LCA
Time to spend Augusts $15s on some corona  :P
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:12:28 PM by Glen69 »
Do you really think we sit around here trying to find ways to piss off the customer base?
  :headscratch: Only the customers that squad up, mission up and take bases.