Author Topic: Perhaps an alternative?? The game doesn't suck.  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
Re: Perhaps an alternative?? The game doesn't suck.
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »
Quote from: VonMessa link=topic=270342.msg3379041#msg3379041 date=12490555

the most accurately modeled combat flight sim on the market.  

[/quote

Not trying to be negative here, was a great post!  As far as the quote..... Says who?

<S>

Grind
Windows 11 Pro, Z790 UD AX,  i5-13600K, 64 MB DDR5, RTX 4070, Alienware AW3225QF QD-OLED monitor,TrackIr 5, VKB Gunfighter IV, VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Throttle, VKB Mk V Rudder Pedals.

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2009, 09:05:30 PM »
To reset the time on your DVD player, unplug it, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in again.

(finally a question I can answer!)
I prefer to use a large wrench, then use a RMA form and say, "It came like that in the box."
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009, 09:28:23 PM »
Nice post sir :salute

I have said it before Spikes, and I will say it again, save your finger strength, no one pays a word of attention to anything you type.

bouncey bouncey bouncey bouncey is all we see when you post  :D
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2009, 09:52:42 PM »
 :salute
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 01:58:59 AM »
Good post Von  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 09:21:50 AM »
I started playing AH around Nov last year. So I am still a n00b or what ever you call these newbies.  As some have read in the tech support forum here on the board, they will know I have a low end Laptop. The old version gave me frame rates around 50-60. Now they go between 2 and 200. Mostly 20+/-. Skuzzy helped with some good advices and its running now better then 5 days ago. Also, i unchecked detailed terrain, water reflexions and all the other fancy stuff, I am still able to drive a tank, have some nice gv battles and some nice bomb runs with my B17. I would like to see how AH looks, when all the graphic settings are put to max. But...I can´t now. Maybe later, when I am able to get a new computer. Sure, I can play other WWII sims. But what I will miss and won´t get, are you guys, the player base! Thats the reason I stick to AH and pay my monthly $$.  :salute

Regards
Ike
‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 12:55:01 PM »
To add to this already great post by the OP.

The biggest thing you can do to make this game better not only for yourself but for everyone is wash/repeat any bug you find.

What I mean is this
  Bug Happens = Try and repeat it. Use in game video or whatever resources you have to capture the bug if possible.

Always list off your Computer Specs and Information along with driver versions (this makes a big difference even for 2 rigs that are the exact same in hardware but running different drivers)
Make sure to list off your monitor along with res and Hertz that your monitor is running at. I say this because there are many people in this game that play on various equipment. Monitors now days along with older monitors can range from anywhere to 50hz to over 200hz (if you have a wad of cash to blow on it)

Attach a crash report if possible.

What Arena/Map you where in and was it Full or light in players. (This is a server load issue, ensure you let them know when your seeing these problems, was server full or empty)

Can you repeat your problem in offline mode? (This is a connectivity test, if you are seeing studders in Online and Offline, then it is not your connection or theirs) This can help you narrow down a problem in your video card, sound card, or memory. Yes Sound devices can cause effects to become visual as the computer tried to sync Audio and Video together.

As an IT tech I will tell you now, I have serious doubts that I could not get any single one of your PC's running this game playably with just a little work and research. But I am not at your computer. You are, do some reading and digging and I am more than certain that you can find that answers to many of the problems you guys are having.

If you PC is just not strong enough to run the game. I would suggest you check out Pricewatch.com. You can find some very very cheap upgrades to what your already using that will fit just about any computer out there and can fit just about anyones budget. Seriously you pay 15$ a month to play a game, willing to bet many of you also have Cable TV and other things that you spend much more money in then your computer. So what is $30 really going to hurt you in the overall scheme of things. It would allow you to play this game that you obviously care so much about.

Lastly, requesting that a product stay in an era of visual quality that was surpassed 10years ago is rather selfish and not look at the big picture. What does not get better and improved, normally gets thrown to the wayside. Even toilet paper gets improved on a yearly basis. I can play this game on a  system I built 6 years ago simply as a storage device for my online needed files for IT. I am pretty sure with just a little adjustments your PC will work just fine.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2009, 10:50:16 PM »
To add to this already great post by the OP.

The biggest thing you can do to make this game better not only for yourself but for everyone is wash/repeat any bug you find.

What I mean is this
  Bug Happens = Try and repeat it. Use in game video or whatever resources you have to capture the bug if possible.

Always list off your Computer Specs and Information along with driver versions (this makes a big difference even for 2 rigs that are the exact same in hardware but running different drivers)
Make sure to list off your monitor along with res and Hertz that your monitor is running at. I say this because there are many people in this game that play on various equipment. Monitors now days along with older monitors can range from anywhere to 50hz to over 200hz (if you have a wad of cash to blow on it)

Attach a crash report if possible.

What Arena/Map you where in and was it Full or light in players. (This is a server load issue, ensure you let them know when your seeing these problems, was server full or empty)

Can you repeat your problem in offline mode? (This is a connectivity test, if you are seeing studders in Online and Offline, then it is not your connection or theirs) This can help you narrow down a problem in your video card, sound card, or memory. Yes Sound devices can cause effects to become visual as the computer tried to sync Audio and Video together.

As an IT tech I will tell you now, I have serious doubts that I could not get any single one of your PC's running this game playably with just a little work and research. But I am not at your computer. You are, do some reading and digging and I am more than certain that you can find that answers to many of the problems you guys are having.

If you PC is just not strong enough to run the game. I would suggest you check out Pricewatch.com. You can find some very very cheap upgrades to what your already using that will fit just about any computer out there and can fit just about anyones budget. Seriously you pay 15$ a month to play a game, willing to bet many of you also have Cable TV and other things that you spend much more money in then your computer. So what is $30 really going to hurt you in the overall scheme of things. It would allow you to play this game that you obviously care so much about.

Lastly, requesting that a product stay in an era of visual quality that was surpassed 10years ago is rather selfish and not look at the big picture. What does not get better and improved, normally gets thrown to the wayside. Even toilet paper gets improved on a yearly basis. I can play this game on a  system I built 6 years ago simply as a storage device for my online needed files for IT. I am pretty sure with just a little adjustments your PC will work just fine.

LoL Jarax.... I'm playing on a ten year old 850 mHz system, (THAT's RIGHT, 850 mHZ!) overclocked both the processor and the gpu, and getting FR around 45.  These whiners must have too many err....."pictures" or "nature movies" on their rigs.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2009, 08:06:51 AM »
Well said my friend and kudos to the HTC Staff.  :salute

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2009, 08:23:35 AM »
Why do these people just not turn off the advanced graphic options, is it REALLY that hard to figure out?

It's difficult to hear the truth, it's easier to blame someone else.   That is the very thing happening right now. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2009, 08:34:52 AM »
LoL Jarax.... I'm playing on a ten year old 850 mHz system, (THAT's RIGHT, 850 mHZ!) overclocked both the processor and the gpu, and getting FR around 45.  These whiners must have too many err....."pictures" or "nature movies" on their rigs.

This is my point exactly. Ah2 with this new patch still has 1/2 if not less the requirements to play then ANY modern game on the market. Unless you count solitary. A rig properly maintained and operated can run this game even below the min spec requirements. If people would just take half the time they spend whining and tried to learn or fix their problems, they would be playing the game rather then on the Boards.

Now, I understand this does not apply to all the problems people are seeing, but I will venture to say 80% of the problems you see can be resolved on your end with a little bit of research and a minor amount of work. In the end, this is electronics, they where not made to last forever, they are not supported forever, do not expect your computer to run your favorate game forever. If you do not move forward, you are left behind. This is the way of the world, and sorry to say if you cant beat them join them. I will do anything I can to help someone find a cheap upgrade within their budget or even to the extent of fixing it myself if I have time via encrypted log in services that will come at no cost to you. I will say however, do not come whining in order to get help. State your problem in a mature manner and I am sure people will bend over backwards to help you. Come here like a 12 yr old girl who just lost her dolly and I am pretty sure help will be the last thing you get from most of these guys.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »
[quote author=VonMessa link=topic=270342.msg3379041#msg3379041 date=12490555

the most accurately modeled combat flight sim on the market.  

Not trying to be negative here, was a great post!  As far as the quote..... Says who?

<S>

Grind

Well, as far as I have seen. 

Since you have asked me the question, the burden of proof lies upon you to prove otherwise.  Most of the R & D of this game, so far, has been put into the flight model.  Hence the "ho-hum" terrain up until now.

I can take or leave the terrain.  The only concern I have for what the trees look like is when I am trying to not hit them, but hey, to each his own tastes.

I recall lots of folks clamoring for better "eye-candy". 

It has arrived

My point here is that they probably should have sent out some vouchers for free cheese.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »

Since you have asked me the question, the burden of proof lies upon you to prove otherwise.  Most of the R & D of this game, so far, has been put into the flight model.  Hence the "ho-hum" terrain up until now.

I can take or leave the terrain.  The only concern I have for what the trees look like is when I am trying to not hit them, but hey, to each his own tastes.

It has arrived

My point here is that they probably should have sent out some vouchers for free cheese.

While I have not personally had a problem with the Tree's at this point, I am curious as to why people feel that their depth perception has changed so much in this game. Is it the new background clutter that you must rationalize in order to judge distance? The only cure to this will just be time spent playing.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »
I have heard a lot of players state (in-game) that they have been hitting the water a lot.  On average, ocean waves are ~ 10-12' (I'm guessing here)  I would imagine that if any part of your a/c catches the crest of one of those, you are finished

I'm not saying that we actually have waves in-game, orthat it was HTC's intent to "model" them, but that would seem to be pretty accurate.

If and when I get that low in a fight, I just try to keep and eye the altimeter and stay above 50-100 ft.   I noticed that I don't hit the water when I do that.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 01:22:20 PM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Grind

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 01:07:51 PM »

Since you have asked me the question, the burden of proof lies upon you to prove otherwise.  Most of the R & D of this game, so far, has been put into the flight model.  Hence the "ho-hum" terrain up until now.

I can take or leave the terrain.  The only concern I have for what the trees look like is when I am trying to not hit them, but hey, to each his own tastes.

It has arrived

Fair enough, as far as you've seen... So what is that supposed to mean?  Do you fly a lot of different WW2 warbirds? I wont say one way or another because there is really no way for me to know which sim/game is modeled the most accurate.  I think the modeling is relevant to the particular sim.  I've played other sims like this... I'm subscribed to another sim right now since I canceled my subscription to this game due to game play issues (not the game itself but rather to the way its played).  I will tell you this, I hate the way the other game is modeled.  I'm used to the AH modeling.  The burning question I have is why are they modeled so differently?  Oh, I might add they play the same way over there as they do here in AH.  So I guess I'm the one with the game play issues.  How I wish I could have my beloved AH F4U-1A over there.....I'll give it a month...still don't like it....I'll be back.

I'm with ya on the eye-candy!  It's always been about the fight for me....finding a good one (win, lose or draw) is the hard part.

<S>

Grind
Windows 11 Pro, Z790 UD AX,  i5-13600K, 64 MB DDR5, RTX 4070, Alienware AW3225QF QD-OLED monitor,TrackIr 5, VKB Gunfighter IV, VKB Gladiator NXT EVO Throttle, VKB Mk V Rudder Pedals.