Author Topic: Perhaps an alternative?? The game doesn't suck.  (Read 1382 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perhaps an alternative?? The game doesn't suck.
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2009, 01:21:38 PM »
It just seems that most other sims are very arcade-ish, compared to this one.  Yes, you have the arcade-ish players in AH, but you can't do as many unrealistic things as you can in some other flight sims. 

I would venture to say that FSX is modeled fairly well, but their combat flight sim leaves much to be desired.

To be honest, aside from researching the specs and capabilities of any specific warbiird and comparing it against what it can do in-game.

I personally (and I am fairly certain that I can speak for most folks here) have never flown any WWII a/c in real life, so I have nothing to compare it to.

It just seems that, from what I have read about certain a/c compared to how they perform in AH2, this game seems to hit closest to the mark.  Maybe not perfect, but it is always evolving, and they are always making improvements.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
Re: Perhaps an alternative?? The game doesn't suck.
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »
It just seems that most other sims are very arcade-ish, compared to this one.  Yes, you have the arcade-ish players in AH, but you can't do as many unrealistic things as you can in some other flight sims. 

I would venture to say that FSX is modeled fairly well, but their combat flight sim leaves much to be desired.

To be honest, aside from researching the specs and capabilities of any specific warbiird and comparing it against what it can do in-game.

I personally (and I am fairly certain that I can speak for most folks here) have never flown any WWII a/c in real life, so I have nothing to compare it to.

It just seems that, from what I have read about certain a/c compared to how they perform in AH2, this game seems to hit closest to the mark.  Maybe not perfect, but it is always evolving, and they are always making improvements.

Yup, there is only so far a flight algorithm can get to real flying. This is by far the best modeled flight sim I have played. While I have not "flown" any WW2 birds I have been up in a number of A/C from the 2 seat conversion Trainers (P-51 and such) to modern day fighters (mech flights are so fun) in which the pilot normally took the pleasure in either making me pass out or trying to get me to blow chunks. Many of the other games skip on the flight model for more "candy". This game is the opposite, they skipped on the graphics for more flight model information. From the very limited stick time, and I promise you i was not allowed to do any hammer heads or barrel roles, this game seems to be the closest flight model I have seen to what I experienced in the actual aircraft.