Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 19455 times)

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #300 on: August 14, 2009, 12:40:27 PM »
Hehe, well, Beefcake is a squaddie and a very good bomber pilot.  I'm fairly certain he'd drop his bombs on a different target of opportunity if asked politely.  I can't speak for him, but I figure this is a case of "If you TELL me not to do something, I'm going to do it twice."  I have to give him a nod and a smirk for that :)

I would think as much as you like to fight, squaddie or not, this wouldn't be "smirked" upon. Fact is, like stated before, killing FHz is ruining game play.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #301 on: August 14, 2009, 12:59:04 PM »
I would think as much as you like to fight, squaddie or not, this wouldn't be "smirked" upon. Fact is, like stated before, killing FHz is ruining game play.

When someone asks me to do/not to do something, I try my best to accommodate them. 

When someone advises me to do/not to do something, I try my best to hear them out.

When someone tells me to do/not to do something, things get interesting.

I might not like what he did, but I still can't help but smirk when I see that he did it.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #302 on: August 14, 2009, 01:37:48 PM »
Let me chime in here for a bit seriousness. As a buff pilot I actually view bombing the FH's as a waste of time, as normally they repop before I can even land. I prefer to bomb fuel to hinder fighter pilots as I know some planes don't do well in long fights without those DTs and 100%. Last night was just me screwing around so I could take screenshots and stir the pot in this thread. I mean people should thank me for what I did as after I dropped the FH's the bish upped about 12 262's and headed over to reinforce that base.  :devil

Normally I like to leave FH's up because I'll get a few of those "elite" pilots that will take off and crawl up my 6 only to fall back to earth in pieces.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #303 on: August 14, 2009, 01:45:32 PM »

Normally I like to leave FH's up because I'll get a few of those "elite" pilots that will take off and crawl up my 6 only to fall back to earth in pieces.

THAT is part of the fun i have in bombers.

i don't much like the guys that park off my 6 low, and think they're not gonna get popped.

i prefer the guys that know how to attack buffs. they're more of a challenge....and fun.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #304 on: August 14, 2009, 04:36:43 PM »
Bombers, the other other other white meat. My weak little pwny just eats 'em up.   :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »
Let me chime in here for a bit seriousness. As a buff pilot I actually view bombing the FH's as a waste of time, as normally they repop before I can even land. I prefer to bomb fuel to hinder fighter pilots as I know some planes don't do well in long fights without those DTs and 100%. Last night was just me screwing around so I could take screenshots and stir the pot in this thread. I mean people should thank me for what I did as after I dropped the FH's the bish upped about 12 262's and headed over to reinforce that base.  :devil

Most dont need drop tanks to get to a fight in AH.(But i will add, i dont care what you fly where and how you fight ,tis your money)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:35:07 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #306 on: August 14, 2009, 05:44:31 PM »
Bombers are like free kills xD
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #307 on: August 14, 2009, 06:58:15 PM »
except B26s. I hate those f@ckers.
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »
Bah....get those with a high energy vert pass on their bellies...its the b17's that scare me.  :)
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #309 on: August 14, 2009, 07:19:57 PM »
I'm sure he might be a nice guy to you but my opinion of him is that he's a salamander.  I'm sure being the salamander he is, he wouldn't have moved to another target if asked since his intent was to be a salamander and bomb the fighter hangers.  It really didn't matter though, since there really wasn't a furball going on at that base, more of a CAP and vulch session.  He didn't piss anyone off and in the process made himself to look like a rather big salamander. 

ack-ack

I prefer the term brown trout.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2009, 07:57:20 PM »

b17's are the ones i have the most trouble with.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #311 on: August 14, 2009, 08:37:59 PM »
Come on DRED ... your kidding? ... right ?

"Piss off the other guy" in the context that HT meant, was to piss off the enemy ... not to piss off your own countrymen ... so it has no context in the vain of this thread.
By bombing the other guys hangars you are pissing off the other guy.

Bottom line is still as I discribed in the post prior.
I dont buy into the "ruined a good fight" whine. The fight ends only temporarily. All furballs both begin and end with the base capture attempt at which point They simply move to a fight between two other bases, nothing more. At worst the hangars are down what? 15 min? oohhhhh the travesty.
 Considering you can make it from the next base over in less then 5 minutes in most cases provided your not planning on making like an astronaut.
I fail to see the legitimacy in the argument of a "ruined fight" other then for the extremely lazy.  For which I have no particular compassion

If your not willing to defend your base against bombers thats on you. not the bomber pilot.
And if the other side isnt willing to defend theirs thats their fault, not your countryman's
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #312 on: August 14, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »
By bombing the other guys hangars you are pissing off the other guy.

Bottom line is still as I discribed in the post prior.
I dont buy into the "ruined a good fight" whine. The fight ends only temporarily. All furballs both begin and end with the base capture attempt at which point They simply move to a fight between two other bases, nothing more. At worst the hangars are down what? 15 min? oohhhhh the travesty.
 Considering you can make it from the next base over in less then 5 minutes in most cases provided your not planning on making like an astronaut.
I fail to see the legitimacy in the argument of a "ruined fight" other then for the extremely lazy.  For which I have no particular compassion

If your not willing to defend your base against bombers thats on you. not the bomber pilot.
And if the other side isnt willing to defend theirs thats their fault, not your countryman's

Good point Dred.  I can't disagree with you at all in general, but I can disagree in the spirit of this threads evolution.

I do think calling out lameness on your own country is as an effective tool as there is.  The title of this thread cannot change, but the Genesis of why it was posted can be found throughout it.  Clearly, it is frowned upon to purposefully try to stop people on your own country from having their fun simply because they are just furballin and not winnin teh warrrrz.  It gets old when it becomes a nightly occurrence that someone logs on and complains that "Knits never take bases, knits just furball, knits cant do this ta ht etc."  When the same person does it over and over and then finally goes and kills the FH for the sole purpose of griefing it's bound to get called out.

That's what happened here.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #313 on: August 14, 2009, 09:14:05 PM »
We'll next time I see buffs coming to bomb a con base where a good fight is.... I'll back off and let yall deal with him. That way yall can have fun too.   :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #314 on: August 14, 2009, 10:25:36 PM »
All furballs both begin and end with the base capture attempt
Nope.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.