Author Topic: Scenarios are not MA, so cut the crap.  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: Scenarios are not MA, so cut the crap.
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 06:17:22 PM »
OOZ,
    I could care less about whose plan was chosen as far at this conversation is concerned. Bottom line, I was right about what would, and eventually did, happen for most of the frame. Anyone who has seen my posts in the Alpha Team Command Forum would agree. As this pm shows I was clearly miffed about the way they would be used.....

Oneway,
Am I thrilled with your plan? No, am I on board and going to follow it? Yes, save one thing.

How do I put this delicately....

Should our boats be in position to engage the carrier at T+30 (main launch time) I am not willing to vulch the carrier. In fact I do not wish to be involved with such actions altogether. Should I see someone else from the 8" guns doing this I will politely ask to be reassigned. This may or may not become an issue but I want you aware of this. Should someone succeed in vulching the carrier this early in the frame it would probably ruin the event for many. Should we get into a T+30 showdown sinking the cruiser first should be a primary concern anyway. So specifically I do not wish to engage, or be apart of engaging, the IJN carriers in the first 10-15 minutes with 8" guns.

Call it sporting or fair play I guess, hopefully it will never even be an issue...

<S>

Respectfully,
Strip

Knowing that once the cruisers were down the task groups would be used exactly how they were was another issue. I was the one who took care of the puff ack for the IJN carriers in Frame 2. My reason for trying to pork that same puffy ack, it gave me a pilot wound in the middle of a furball. How do you think I gathered most of the 100 objects destroyed in that frame? The fact is Alpha Command made a concerted effort to engage in gamey tactics. Then has now moved on to denying their true intentions on the whole subject.

To quote oneway, "dirty cruiser tricks", I think that pretty much says it all......

Strip

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 06:29:18 PM »
stop posting private message and posts across a public forum

you have been reported twice to the moderators

Farther evidence I have indeed hit close to home...stop why your ahead. If you stop sending them I will not have anything to post.....

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 07:17:15 PM »
Sigh..........
This looks real familiar, but it's over, and I am outta here---------------------------------------------------------> Poof
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 11:44:48 PM »
Let's be clear on two things (again):

1.  It is not against the rules as written to move DD's up to CV's.
2.  It is not against the rules as written for the IJN to capture bases other than p13 even after Shoho is down.

Don't like 1 or 2?  OK, sure.  As I explained above, these things among others would be altered if Coral Sea ever ran again.  But they were not against the rules.  Time to get over those two points.

As for the rest of it, well, thanks so much for the endless griping, bickering, and pissy attitude.  Nicely done!  :aok

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 12:10:23 AM »
 Momma said they were my MAGIC shoes.Momma said they could do ANY thing.Then again,momma beat me with a rubber hose and called me a retard.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 12:54:19 AM »
Okay, fine, Strip. You're an all knowing God among men who lacks the fine imperfections of the rest of the human race. I bow to your supreme wisdom with regard to a situation you can't seem to see the other side of. :rolleyes: Now then, where was that Notify button again...
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 02:26:18 AM »
Report away, but notice the only ones doing so are you and oneway, who, incidentally, were involved in the whole deal. Both of your last few public and private posts have, frankly, come across as damage control for the most part. I would also like to see where I said anything untruthful about this whole fiasco. At the time your intentions did have a lot more malice than you are implying afterward, period. Brooke is right, its time to let it go, the rules will be changed should Coral Sea be ran again. The spirit of the rules was ignored and now the rules are being changed to reflect it. That is enough for me to know without a doubt who was right or wrong.

<S> Strip

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 08:17:42 AM »
Ok Gents let's grow up.  I had fun no matter what the outcome.  If we won fine, if we didn't that is ok also.

Participating is the key.  Pointing fingers and shooting before knowing the facts is not a good idea.

Innocent people get wounded.  Why leave a fun scenario with a bad aftertaste?

Were there mistakes made?  Maybe.  Were orders given to do what was done?  Maybe

I do not have the facts and probably never will.  I will not lose any sleep over that.

What I do know however when you participate in a Scenario is....
1.) Each side has a CO who is the over all director of his sides campaign.
2.) GLs' receive orders from the CO.
3.) It is a good idea that COs form consensus amongst their Staff.
4.) GLs' and their squadrons fly under the orders and direction of their CO.......... PERIOD!
5.) GLs' should not deviate from their CO's directions unless given permission.  (Violating this could jeopardize the integrity of Scenarios and quickly turn them into our other arenas style of gameplay)

I do not wish to have our Scenarios turned into the MA.  This and FSO are the last bastion of immersion and history.

It saddens me to see this fingerpointing and bickering.  It would further sadden me if I knew people did as they wished as opposed to doing what they were ordered.

The CMs'.  Do a great and thankless task.  To read what has been written in this post after the Scenario has been completed is disappointing to say the least.
To me this is a slap in the face to the CMs who worked many months to develop this Scenario.  Do you understand what goes into the design of a Scenario?
First...the designer goes through volumes of documents to make sure historically everything is proper.  Including the name of the ships, the aircraft involved and the
actual date or dates of the battle.  Why do you think 4 gunned wildcats and A6M2s were in the scenario?  sure...sometimes aircraft are substituted but that is not the fault
of the CM or the designers.  They select if need be the best substitution for the aircraft missing. 

Do you think Maps just fall from the sky?  They are made painstakingly whether they be water or terra firma, and have to be submitted to HTC so they can be gone over
for any mistakes and problems that the map could create!

Setting triple A lethality, fuel burn, the ships actually included in Fleets, target hardness...all are thought out, tested and adjusted.  How many TBMs would have made it to
the CV in the MA where ack is more deadly?  All this taken into consideration with little regard from those who participated in the Scenario and taken for granted.

Scoring....boggles my mind.  You figure it out.  Rules.  These are just the tips of the iceberg.

I think the finger pointing needs to stop now.

There was to much great work to design this scenario on many fronts.  There was a great deal of work and sacrifice on many peoples part to make this a fun and immersing scenario.

This needs to stop now.

Hajo
- The Flying Circus -

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 09:39:56 AM »
People wonder why I took a break.  All the pointless drama going into and after a scenario just sours it all.

You guys need to get a clue, fast.  There is a great deal of work that goes on from the CMs to the COs and all the players, things happen, and there are far better ways to conduct yourselves than this.  If you think it is pleasurable to put in a great deal of effort and before an event starts, or after it ends, then witness the negative name calling and bashing that occurs on a regular basis, then you are wrong.  I did it for years, it is exhausting. 

If you can't participate in a discussion without going into the gutter, I am afraid you are going to lose even more people willing to put their time and effort into activities like this.  It's simply not worth it.  No one can change how you act, but people can chose not to waste their time trying to entertain you.

This event, those who participated, those who worked hard, those who didn't know but are trying to learn, none of them deserve this type of energy.  Both sides did silly things.  Get over it.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 10:03:08 AM »
Farther evidence I have indeed hit close to home...stop why your ahead. If you stop sending them I will not have anything to post.....

Just FYI, for all.  When someone sends you a PM, that is a private communication.  Posting it to a public forum, without the senders permission, is an instant bannable offense from the forum.

If someone sends you a PM, that is in violation of the forum posting rules, then hit the "Report to moderator" link in the PM.  Problem solved.

This thread is not going anywhere.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com