Author Topic: 5 inch rockets against tigers  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: 5 inch rockets against tigers
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 06:44:49 PM »
I expect if you came down on a Tiger, as in straight down say with a Jug, and fired all 10 Holy Moses's at once it would make a big enough bang in the weak part of el Tigres armor to make it blow. Ive never tried it. Frankly you just dont see Tigers all that much.

I know the Yank 5" rocket was made with both HE and AP warheads. It was a very fast rocket and I heard it was pretty impressive when a salvo hit an enemy. The warhead was about 50lbs of HE and 10 of them slamming into a tank would really rattle it I'd say.

The Russian rockets are so useless its not even worth the drag price of loading them. Which is also pretty correct modeling too. In real life they werent much of an asset.

In the game, personally, I find the Brit 3.5" rockets the most accurate.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lligaf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 09:41:51 PM »
I killed a tiger the other day in mw with 1 rocket from a f6f. Came strait dwn on it hit it dead cntr of top. Never been able to do it again even the guy in the tiger ask me what I hit him with. It had to be a bug
365TH HELL HAWKS

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 11:13:30 AM »
I killed a tiger the other day in mw with 1 rocket from a f6f. Came strait dwn on it hit it dead cntr of top. Never been able to do it again even the guy in the tiger ask me what I hit him with. It had to be a bug

If he was not "buttoned up", that may be the reason. The top of the turret is not nearly so heavily armored as the sides and the hull.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 08:01:10 AM »
If he was not "buttoned up", that may be the reason. The top of the turret is not nearly so heavily armored as the sides and the hull.

Is that modeled into this game?  Ive been hanging out of the top shooting with pint and never died when it got knocked out.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?