Author Topic: Water sucks again...  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: Water sucks again...
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 03:39:30 PM »
I fail to see how the simple act of zooming in is gaming the game though.

If your zoomed an crash, well your right, he deserves the splat award.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 03:42:26 PM »
If you need to zoom in the gunsight to shoot, you need training
Huh?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2009, 03:48:29 PM »
I'm glad you don't need a gunsight. Some of us aren't that tallanted and actually use the darned thing. Doesn't have anything to do with how bad the water is in this version, however.

No, he uses a gunsight.   You just suck and want HTC to try and "reduce" that fact.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 03:51:03 PM »
I wear glasses and don't gripe about "how the water looks, because I'm zoomed in and killing my depth perception".    Zoom in, you lose just that.   I have no sympathy for the whiner.   I'm sure many others don't as well. 

Zoomed in or not, the water looks the same. You can't tell how close you are to it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 03:53:42 PM »
Zoomed in or not, the water looks the same. You can't tell how close you are to it.

For me it's a non-issue, I keep an eye on the water and NO PROBLEMS with "altitude", if I do, I peep the altimeter.   You on the other hand, zoom in and screw yourself of the latter.   

I'm sorry, but I know some "zoom in", but if you rely on it.   You have to accept the "Negatives" with the false "positives". 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 03:53:57 PM »
No, he uses a gunsight.   You just suck and want HTC to try and "reduce" that fact.   

No, I want HTC to make the water at least as good as before the new versions came out. Of the new versions, only one or two of the patches had water that was any good. The rest of them don't allow one to see that they are getting close to the water.

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »
For me it's a non-issue, I keep an eye on the water and NO PROBLEMS with "altitude", if I do, I peep the altimeter.   You on the other hand, zoom in and screw yourself of the latter.   

I'm sorry, but I know some "zoom in", but if you rely on it.   You have to accept the "Negatives" with the false "positives". 

It's irrelevant if I'm zoomed in or not, the water looks the same.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 03:59:35 PM »
It's irrelevant if I'm zoomed in or not, the water looks the same.

There are "parallels" and they do "compound" your whine in the OP.   If you weren't zoomed in, you'd know your ALTITUDE.   You choose to ignore your gauges, that is what you call a "choice".

Some who have posted will have a problem with my responses as they do the same thing.   But they don't bring it here on the boards.   I know one person who has already posted zooms in on GV's.   but I can sort of accept this, as a substitute for Binoculars.   I have no problems clearing a vultch with a FG and default sight/not zoomed in, etc.   Some need it, but I'll never understand the need in a plane.  

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 04:16:41 PM »
If you play at high resolution you may not need to zoom, but play at 800x600 and tell me it does not help.

Zooming in is closing the gap between pixels and real life. I agree that you take the good with the bad, if you lose sight of ground your fault.

If you need to zoom in the gunsight to shoot, you need training  :aok.  Heck, some, including myself, don't even use a gunsight.

#S# K

Some of the best players in the game zoom in on the gun sight to shoot....

I can maintain a high teen percentage if I choose to, zooming in a lot of the time. It has less to do with skill and technique than just simply not being able to see the dang target.

Strip

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 04:33:58 PM »
There are "parallels" and they do "compound" your whine in the OP.   If you weren't zoomed in, you'd know your ALTITUDE.   You choose to ignore your gauges, that is what you call a "choice".

Some who have posted will have a problem with my responses as they do the same thing.   But they don't bring it here on the boards.   I know one person who has already posted zooms in on GV's.   but I can sort of accept this, as a substitute for Binoculars.   I have no problems clearing a vultch with a FG and default sight/not zoomed in, etc.   Some need it, but I'll never understand the need in a plane.  

Quite honestly, someone who can barley get 4 kills and hour isn't exactly pushing his plane to the limits of anything. Please don't respond to something you have no clue of. The water in this patch doesn't give depth perception. The water has before, so it's not like it's some impossible task. All I'm asking is for it to have some depth perception, kinda like in real life.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »
Even at 1680x1050 I still zoom.  It makes evaluation of the target's attitude as precise as possible, to fly exactly where you want to be.  Whether offensive or defensive, medium or long range.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 05:30:16 PM »
Quite honestly, someone who can barley get 4 kills and hour isn't exactly pushing his plane to the limits of anything. Please don't respond to something you have no clue of. The water in this patch doesn't give depth perception. The water has before, so it's not like it's some impossible task. All I'm asking is for it to have some depth perception, kinda like in real life.

Is this a DA Challenge?   If so, I'll show you what a "Vet" who "doesn't play nearly as often as I used to" is capable of.   Again, you zoom in, you lose the depth perception.   When you stop and think of the simplicity of it long enough, it'll hit you upside your thick head.  

Again, "zoom in", deal with the consequences.   I run AH2 at max settings.   I have YET to pancake "because of the water".   It's a lame excuse for laziness/bad SA/looking behind you/and 100 other reasons.

Also, instead of crying about it on the BBS.   You'd get better results in a better worded EMAIL to HTC.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:33:19 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2009, 05:43:02 PM »
on my x-52 i got the "D" button for zoom toggle, when I first up I hit zoom toggle, then use the keyboard keys to zoom it in all the way, so while I am engaged I can zoom in real quick and see the nme con up close and decide what to do from there, I try not to fire while zoomed in, and never fly with it toggled on, very quick peeks at the nme con only.   

oh and I flew earlier today water looked just fine.

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 06:19:41 PM »
Is this a DA Challenge?   If so, I'll show you what a "Vet" who "doesn't play nearly as often as I used to" is capable of.   Again, you zoom in, you lose the depth perception.   When you stop and think of the simplicity of it long enough, it'll hit you upside your thick head.  

Again, "zoom in", deal with the consequences.   I run AH2 at max settings.   I have YET to pancake "because of the water".   It's a lame excuse for laziness/bad SA/looking behind you/and 100 other reasons.

Also, instead of crying about it on the BBS.   You'd get better results in a better worded EMAIL to HTC.

The problem isn't losing depth perception when zoomed in, it's not having depth perception to start with. It doesn't matter if I'm zoomed in or not in this release.

I don't have a machine capable of running max settings, so as stated before, I have all the cool graphics turned off, though I do have ground detail at max (only helps with trees though). Seeing as how it was good in at least one (two?) of the updates, it's obvious that it can be done. In the FWIW category, it was fine before the update also.

Coming from someone that has years of experience of crying and whining in the MA, I'd expect you to know the difference between crying and stating a fact.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »
The problem isn't losing depth perception when zoomed in, it's not having depth perception to start with. It doesn't matter if I'm zoomed in or not in this release.

I don't have a machine capable of running max settings, so as stated before, I have all the cool graphics turned off, though I do have ground detail at max (only helps with trees though). Seeing as how it was good in at least one (two?) of the updates, it's obvious that it can be done. In the FWIW category, it was fine before the update also.

Coming from someone that has years of experience of crying and whining in the MA, I'd expect you to know the difference between crying and stating a fact.

I don't whine or cry.   I've also NEVER started a thread anywhere close to this.   Again shadesboi, lemme know if you wish to back up your mouth in the DA. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC