Author Topic: College Football  (Read 6130 times)

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
Re: College Football
« Reply #270 on: December 08, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »
 "Texas A&M and Nebraska at the top of the Big 12 conference. - Well, if A&M gets some defense  and Nebraska get's some offense."

With Suh gone, Nebraska's defense will take a big step back. (listed as a Senior) They showed some signs of life this year, but they won't get past the Big 12 South next year either. If A&M get to the top of the Big 12 South then they should beat Nebraska. The January 2011 championship game will probably be Big 12 vs SEC.. again.

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #271 on: December 08, 2009, 10:19:27 AM »
 "I got my tickets to the Orange bowl.  Anyone else gong?"

I wish! If Iowa was going to the Rose Bowl I was going. Even if I had to sell blood. But since its Miami, I bought a big TV to watch. Going out to get my Bowl shirts today. (if there's any left!)
 Have fun! Wish I was going.

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #272 on: December 08, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »
 "It's not the Pac-10, but Boise State posted an offer to play ANY big conference team in their stadium without a return game at home in Boise"

How many ranked teams did BSU play this year? 1? If Boise State wants to play with the big boys then they need to get out of the WAC. Nevada, Fresno State, Idaho, Hawaii, Louisanna Tech, Utah State, New Mexico State, San Jose State. Pleeze. If they don't want to get out of their conference contract they should push the WAC to get an agreement play their out of conference games against a major conference. For example Big Ten-MAC.

Boise is doing a lot of talk. But that is about it. They try to make it sound like they can't get an out of conference game. So teams will play USC, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, Texas.. but they avoid Boise State? Nevada managed to play Notre Dame, Colorado State and Missouri. But Boise State's so good and they have to play teams like Bowling Green? Cal-Davis? Boise will schedule one or two decent teams then whine about how they are not respected.

Things are bit different when the top half of your conference is ranked in the top 20 every year.  Boise State's championship expectations would be non existant in a major conference.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #273 on: December 08, 2009, 12:24:20 PM »
Maybe they should combine the two teams? :)

Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good Corn Husker?  :D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #274 on: December 08, 2009, 10:32:19 PM »
Predictions for next year....

Texas A&M and Nebraska at the top of the Big 12 conference. - Well, if A&M gets some defense :) and Nebraska get's some offense. :)

they are total oppsosites - Texas A&M ranked 5th NCAA FBS total offense, 107th total defense. Nebraska ranked 102nd total offense, 9th defense.

Maybe they should combine the two teams? :)

Texas A&M Cornhuskers.... :eek:

Nebraska Aggies.... :bolt:
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #275 on: December 12, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
Mark Ingrem wins the heisman.

Cough SEC Cough cough  :D
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #276 on: December 12, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »

Good, I didn't care as long as it wasn't crybaby Tebow

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #277 on: December 13, 2009, 01:51:16 PM »

Well deserved.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #278 on: December 13, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »
Good, I didn't care as long as it wasn't crybaby Tebow

Ingram cried when he won the award.

Both of these guys are amazing college atheletes.  They have a lot invested to reach these points and pour their hearts into it.  Tears?  Big deal.

Unless you cry as much as Dick Vermiel.  :D

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #279 on: December 14, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »
Come on...most people have the utmost respect for Tebow.

Honestly he has to be one of my favorite college athletes playing with passion and 100% effort on every play as if it was his last.  That man is a naturally born leader who does all he can to try to win games.

That Alabama game he did what he could.

Honestly most athletes cry at one point in their life whether it is losing a championship game or a major event, it happens.

Tebow crying because he lost the SEC championship game is a legit reason as it meant his hopes for a national championship were done.  Happens all the way down in the high school level losing against major rival on turkey day or losing in the playoffs.

Personally I thought it should have been Gerhart or Suh to win the award but that was just me.  Gerhart carried Stanford and he was more consistent than Ingram.  Suh was the Nebraska defense and took on double teams like it was easy.  80+ tackles is what you see from a linebacker not a defensive tackle. 
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots