Author Topic: Aces High vs Targetware  (Read 4590 times)

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
Re: Aces High vs Targetware
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2009, 05:45:23 AM »
The plane is probably still a write-off though. Anyone showing hits followed by the kind of flames you see in AHII on their gun footage would be awarded a kill.

True, but as long as you walk away from the wreck you wouldn't be "awarded" a death.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2009, 08:22:32 AM »
Hmm.
 I run the Targetware Korea server. I run it because I like to fly the Korean war sets of aircraft (not all of them of course). Since I have been working with Target Korea, I have had a blast. For me it has been learning a different type of programming that I have been used to. As with any programmer it is “lots of mistakes, lots of fun!”.
 I still fly Aces High, well because I like it. Some of the people here I have been flying with for over 5 years and they are good friends. I like flying the WWII aircraft in Aces High more than Targetware. That being said “I” love flying the F-86, the B-29 where it is not the best flight model, it is fun and the helicopter is…. Well…different.
 As for the flight models, I can look into them and change some setting if it needs to be changed. For instance, some changes were Jet engine idle thrust settings, Weapons load outs on F9f panther and Mig-15 were off. No I don’t put afterburners on the F-86 just for fun (but I can).

www.targetkorea.net

And just to push some of you over the edge…

I STILL PLAY MICTOSOFT FLIGHT SIM!!!!! HHAHAHAHAHAH

Peace
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2009, 01:41:56 PM »
Hmm.
 I run the Targetware Korea server. I run it because I like to fly the Korean war sets of aircraft (not all of them of course). Since I have been working with Target Korea, I have had a blast. For me it has been learning a different type of programming that I have been used to. As with any programmer it is “lots of mistakes, lots of fun!”.
 I still fly Aces High, well because I like it. Some of the people here I have been flying with for over 5 years and they are good friends. I like flying the WWII aircraft in Aces High more than Targetware. That being said “I” love flying the F-86, the B-29 where it is not the best flight model, it is fun and the helicopter is…. Well…different.
 As for the flight models, I can look into them and change some setting if it needs to be changed. For instance, some changes were Jet engine idle thrust settings, Weapons load outs on F9f panther and Mig-15 were off. No I don’t put afterburners on the F-86 just for fun (but I can).

www.targetkorea.net

And just to push some of you over the edge…

I STILL PLAY MICTOSOFT FLIGHT SIM!!!!! HHAHAHAHAHAH

Peace

That doesn't change the fact that your buddy Stigler came in here and embarrassed himself and the "Targetware Community".   Even funnier are the "experts" on that site who leave the Finnish in the mentioning of the Brewster.   But Stigler crossed the line when he tried ripping on Dale's game.   

FWIW, the link titled "Sceranios" should be Scenarios.  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:44:44 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
That doesn't change the fact that your buddy Stigler came in here and embarrassed himself and the "Targetware Community".   Even funnier are the "experts" on that site who leave the Finnish in the mentioning of the Brewster.   But Stigler crossed the line when he tried ripping on Dale's game.   

Calling someone his buddy because they play the same game doesn't make sense to me.  Or can I call anyone who plays AH your buddy and say that they represent the AH community? :P

As HT pointed out, even the other TW users seem to think Stiglr is a little "off."
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »
Calling someone his buddy because they play the same game doesn't make sense to me.  Or can I call anyone who plays AH your buddy and say that they represent the AH community? :P

As HT pointed out, even the other TW users seem to think Stiglr is a little "off."

Just Blame Karaya.     :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2009, 03:37:48 PM »
the TW 51 looks kinda ... stumpy :huh

It's the smaller version,the P50.5    :D

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2009, 01:11:47 AM »
Kind of like being able to fly just fine with half a wing in AH? ;)  

I used to think that seemed odd, until I ran across this picture:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:18:55 AM by Brooke »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2009, 05:57:39 AM »
I used to think that seemed odd, until I ran across this picture:

(Image removed from quote.)

or

That made it home too.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2009, 06:15:11 AM »
Nice photographs of the lucky few.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2009, 06:19:56 AM »

Thanks! I try not to drink and work on the web, but sometimes it's just beer. Ya know?

Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2009, 08:48:10 AM »
or

(Image removed from quote.)

That made it home too.   
You're supporting Brooke supporting DH's reply to my original argument that Il2's FM is bunk when it has a stabilizer (unique vstab, not one of two/four hstab) completely removed but for two stubs, and the plane still maneuvering at combat performance.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2009, 08:53:59 AM »
Looking at the environmental graphics, I think a comparison with Aces High I would be more even.

For those of you that missed it, I've got a RapidShare ZIP of the final AHI here. I think it has Mitsu's sounds installed too. Unzip and run.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2009, 04:03:15 PM »
Nice photographs of the lucky few.
As if it happens all of the time in Aces High? :)

Not saying it's 'near impossibly difficult', if you've got much more flying experience in that state than any real pilot would, it's not even that difficult depending on the situation and plane, however it takes a lot of effort and experience to do...

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »
I Aces High, we cannot land a plane with as much wing missing as the picture Karaya posted. We can fight it and keep from spinning out of control maybe but the end result is it's going down. However we can keep it flying when the wing tips have been removed. There is a picture of a P38 somewhere on this board flying with even more wingtip missing than the TBM posted above.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2009, 04:29:50 PM »
You're supporting Brooke supporting DH's reply to my original argument that Il2's FM is bunk when it has a stabilizer (unique vstab, not one of two/four hstab) completely removed but for two stubs, and the plane still maneuvering at combat performance.

I've never played IL2.   It's tempting to buy, but it'd be just for the eye candy, other than that I'd have no interest.   I'm told by many it's flight model "is unrealistic" in comparison with Aces High, which keeps me a loyal HTC customer.  

I just posted a picture of the Brazilian P-47 that hit a Factory's Chimney in Italy in a low level Ground Attack mission(I know they were based in Italy, but don't know exactly where that raid went to).  It's a cool picture, because even after the impact stresses and damage, three guys are able to climb onto it.   I'm sure it wasn't easy to nurse home.  I don't know about the Stabilizers on that Jug, my guess is that they were unaffected, judging by the damage distance from the wing spar.  

I have no inclination to go to the lengths that CoprHead did and install TW, because Dale's Company is top notch.   Not only does Dale constantly improves this game, no matter how many folks whine.   But, he listens to our bug reports and promptly enacts them, which larger companies won't do and will not hesitate to flip the consumer off.   Thank God Dale and HTC care enough a lot their product and customers.  

EDIT:  Found a somewhat clearer picture and some more info.  

On January 27, 1945 the P-47D, A-6, piloted by Lt. Raymundo Canario (50 combat missions) lost 128cm (roughly 4.1 feet) of his right wing after hit a chimney during an attack, but was able to return safely.  

Although, looking at other angles, I'm guessing at least 5 feet are missing from the wing.   I'll leave that up to you guys.  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 04:41:51 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC