Author Topic: Vox is clipping/cutting out  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Vox is clipping/cutting out
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 11:48:35 AM »
Kermit,

No it's a basic analog set,plugs direct to sound card.

Chalenge,

It's an older Xfi gamer extreme,I had in an old machine.I put it into my new computer because I was having vox issues while using onboard sound.

:salute

Yes its junk for a Vista machine. Sorry. I have the same card here and I tried it. Waste of a good PCI slot.

The best card for the money (for Vista and probably Windows 7) is the HT Omega Striker 7.1 even though you can buy better cards they will be more money. I am planning on trying the Auzentech (I forgot which model but it IS a XFi its just NOT brand 'C') in PCIe but I havent yet. Seems risky to me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:58:13 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 06:41:39 PM »
So chalenge,what your saying is that the SB sound card is junk when used in Vista??

That doesnt bother me,like I said it was taken out of an old machine.I was hoping it would solve the problem I was {already} having with my vox. The problem occured after 1 of the updates in 2.14,I'd had issues with vox when I first got my Vista machine but after SP1 they seemed to be solved. Then during the updates I developed this clipping prob.I've asked quite afew players for tips or help,as I'm not the most computer literate guy.Several interesting things came out of this,first vista handles sound different than XP.Then I found out that the sound bit rate could be causing issues and now I find the SB cards and vista dont play nice.

At present I have my vox at a workable state,this makes helping with training abit easier for me and the main reason I've even bothered to post about it.

I understand the game is influx so to speak,all these great new update,new Ac etc. so I've been waiting for everything to settle down and hopefully it will all come out in the wash.... :aok

Till then I'll do what I can to work things out on my end and if simply purchasing a different sound card will solve it then I await your recomendations....

PS: killz,no worries thanx anyways........  ya vista gotta just luv it.....not!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 11:50:38 PM »
Delirium look at your sound card to see if it has a heatsink on the processor. If so they you have the newer version and you should scrap the drivers disk and download the drivers direct from Creative. This will get the bulk of the bloatware off your hard drive also as long as you dont install them again. If you already did that and you are happy with it the way its running your good. If your not happy or if you see lag during audio loads (airplanes spawning on a runway or bombs dropping or incoming vox) then you are seeing why I dont like even the new version.

If you dont have a heatsink on your sound card you have the older junk card I am talking about. Pretty much I think Creative cards are junk anyway but thats why we all have opinions and you can choose who to listen to.

I already recommended the HT Omega Striker 7.1 for Vista and thats what I plan on using for Win7 also.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 07:56:45 PM »
I've been having a problem with my vox and cant seem to solve it!

In game it sounds like the mic is clipping or cutting out,I've tried adjusting mic,new sound card,different headset,front panel/back panel conections,etc.

It seems to work in other programs,skype,teamspeak,etc but for the life of me I cant get it working right ingame.

I use Vista64,soundblaster sound card Xfi,plantronics headset. I'm not sure what I've overlooked but I could use some help/advice...

TIA

Morfiend - Think I figured it out.  I have a new CPU and have VISTA 64 Bit.  Here is what I finally figured out as I was having same problem as you.  This took me about 15 hours...   :x

Control Panel
VIA HD Audio Deck (Sound Card)
Bottom Left click on "Expert"
At top find "Front Mic" Tab
-Set Volume on Horizontal slide called "REC Volume" to 90%
-Vertical Slides ("REC Volume" & "Speaker Volume") to 90%
-Click on "MIC Boost"
-Set "Volume Gain" to 18dB
-Click on AGC and test.  Ensure you click on end test when done.  Do this several times.

Next, look to the left.  You should see 2 tabs.  The bottom tab is a sort of squiggly lined Icon.  Click it.
Select 96K and Select 16 Bit.  You shoudl be done here and it should work.  Ensure the "Wave In" in the game is de-selected.

Hope this helps!

:rock
SlipKnt
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 10:30:08 AM »
 LOl chalenge,I think you got Del and me mixed up somehow....

Anyways it seems to be working fine now!

Slip,I checked my control panel and those settings must be exclussive to your soundcard.

Being I'm sorta old school,I set vista to classic view and all my sound settings are labeled "sounds" and I'm unable to find anything resembling the configuration you've nicely laid out for me.

Again I'd like to thank all those who helped and tried to help,this has got to be 1 of the best communities in all PC gaming. :aok

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 11:13:04 AM »
LOl chalenge,I think you got Del and me mixed up somehow....

Yes I did... late night drinking :)