Author Topic: Perk Exchange  (Read 902 times)

Offline ttflier

• Copper Member
Perk Exchange
« on: September 19, 2009, 03:38:31 PM »
Just an idea for some discussion, not sure if it is good or bad. 

A lot of online games now have some commercial aspect built into the game play - how about a perk exchange for Aces High.  I know a lot of experienced players build up perk points and a lot of new players desire perk points for the exotic rides - I was thinking that players could buy and sell perk points through an exchange.  If interested HTC could set up the exchange (for a percentage of the sale - help support the development team) and players could negotiate prices (may even ebb and flow like the stock market).  I would think that the whole thing could be managed through the bulletin board using an ebay type of approach with paypal or something similar.  Hot sticks could make some money on their thousands of stored up points and noobs could fly planes that they wouldn't have access to in today's environment.  I could see where it might have both a positive and negative effect on perk farming (and maybe a treasonous aspect if selling to another country  :lol)........

Again, just a thought for discussion. 

ttflier

Tree Top Flier (ttflier)

http://www.91stbombgroup.net

"Bush league pilots just can't get the job done" lyrics by Stephen Stills

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: Perk Exchange
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 03:43:18 PM »
heh...silly wabbit.
-AoM-

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 03:44:23 PM »
The pay for perks model that has been developed is under lock and key and would not be used unless the organization is under extreme financial duress.

Sorry.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 03:58:31 PM »
You should have posted this in the wishlist :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 03:59:57 PM »
is it like the Stock Exchange?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 04:17:33 PM »
The idea of the perks is to keep the number of "perked rides" down. If you supply a way for people to trade or move their perks it will defeat the purpose of perks in the first place. Everyone will again be flying C-hogs.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 04:52:36 PM »
So what you are saying is you want AH to take on a WOW or an Eve online kind of a money system. Then after that what's next? Secret weapons of WWII? Then we get to roll a character like dungeons and dragons to see if we can take more G force than the other guy? All this because someone thinks todays environment (as you put it) doesn't allow a new person to get perk points?

Get away from the horde, up from the fields that aren't being vulched, and be friends with the elusive altitude creature. You'll feel better and learn more earning the perks instead of playing the "who's got the bigger wallet" game.  Sounds like you'd rather throw money at your problems instead of roll up the shirt sleeves and get your hands dirty.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »
Great, all we need is to open the door to Chinese RMT companies and have them swarm the game to farm perks so they can sell them.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »
Great, all we need is to open the door to Chinese RMT companies and have them swarm the game to farm perks so they can sell them.

ack-ack

Rum and coke on the monitor isn't easy to clean ack ack hahahahha
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 05:58:41 PM »
there is a perk exchange, you build up perks, and then you use them to crash 262s and Temps.

ttflier, not a bad idea...just doesn't fit with the Aces High format.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 01:17:35 AM »

ack-ack

I dunno AKAK,  surely all those chinese nerds will have to pay for subs to play and then get half decent in high eny planes to actually maximise their perk point harvesting.   This could actually be a solution to all gameplay problems for off peak fliers.   I could have a massive far eastern community to kill just like i did in FA.   :t    good times.     Until they got half decent.   :uhoh

With the perk point bonus geared for the low number team they would help balance the arenas.  :lol
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 03:39:47 AM »
My idea is a squad perk bank. People could voluntairly deposit perks into their squad's bank and other squad members could use them. If there was a tracking mechanism put in, anyone abusing/taking more than their squaddies approved of, said offender could be evicted or cut off.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 04:12:06 AM »
I dunno AKAK,  surely all those chinese nerds will have to pay for subs to play and then get half decent in high eny planes to actually maximise their perk point harvesting.   This could actually be a solution to all gameplay problems for off peak fliers.   I could have a massive far eastern community to kill just like i did in FA.   :t    good times.     Until they got half decent.   :uhoh.  

With the perk point bonus geared for the low number team they would help balance the arenas.  :lol

You really don't know how the Chinese RMT companies work.  Its something that I actually have to deal with pretty much every day at work, and if you think any of them would actually pay for an account then I have this really cool tower in London I'd like to sell to you.

The Chinese RMT companies would exploit the free trial to farm the perks without having to spend a penny on a subscription and when that starts to get difficults because of anti-RMT measures, they'll turn to stealing accounts.  RMT companies are the scourge of the MMO industry, they're like cockroaches.

Sorry for the rant, but I really do hate those twittleers.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 04:25:05 AM »
does this tower have a river view? 

I don't know nothing about them.   Could just make it so that 2 weekers don't earn perks.  Stealing of accounts is the deal breaker, wouldn't want htc wasting time investigating who did what etc.  Plus mine would be targeted  :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 05:51:58 AM »
Maybe they would sell their aimbots too?  ;)