Author Topic: Kill Thieves  (Read 5799 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Kill Thieves
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »
Responses in order:

1.)   This game is neither.   We sit on our tulips and do 12 oz curls at times.   This isn't a "sport" or "war".  
2.)   I agree.
3.)   I've heard too many people say this and they negate their stance, I haven't/won't check yours, but will give you benefit of the doubt.
4.)   Again this isn't a "war".   This a Online Combat Simulator.  
5.)   I agree, if it's "takes me too long", I don't deserve it and it promotes "esprit de corps".  

I respect that.  fair post.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »

that's curious.........why would they ask?

They might have a bunch of kills to land. Last night after tracking a T-34 I gave him a pass and let him tower with 11 kills.

True I also spend time as a Nit and knew who he was. But a tracked T-34 isnt a threat and why not do someone a good turn? Its only a game.

So I guess thats your answer. Its only a game so why wouldnt they ask?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 11:59:14 AM »

do you and ack ack share a brain?

Well it is common knowledge that the 38 dweebs are without their frontal lobes.  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 11:59:49 AM »
It just struck me as interesting.  it's not something I'd ever ask someone.... but then again..as you said...vets here switch sides and have more interpersonal relationships on various sides.  as stupid as this might sound.......I'd never switch sides either.......but.....I understand it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 11:59:50 AM »

do you and ack ack share a brain?

you both go out of your way to mis quote........and/or feign a fake understanding of what you already know someone is actually saying?

Hmm I pressed quote and it copied your text. If you think it is a misquote you may want to post it in the bug forum.

I see no reason for name calling or dropping to the level your going to. I simply asked questions and made statements based on your own posts.

I understand your posts as they are posted... I simply asked if you meant it as you posted.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 12:00:49 PM »
Hmm I pressed quote and it copied your text. If you think it is a misquote you may want to post it in the bug forum.

I see no reason for name calling or dropping to the level your going to. I simply asked questions and made statements based on your own posts.

I understand your posts as they are posted... I simply asked if you meant it as you posted.

is calling you ack ack name calling?   I digress.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2009, 12:01:38 PM »
Well it is common knowledge that the 38 dweebs are without their frontal lobes.  :D

:rofl

:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2009, 12:02:09 PM »
If some one calls the guy down I leave him be...unless its Rob53, Bushlt or lowman's kill, I will then proceed to shoot the snot out of any remaining pieces  :devil

shamus  
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2009, 12:02:23 PM »
So, there I am Saturday, flying my D-9 in a Furball. I'm making out all right, using pitch/roll maneuvers to get on enemy sixes and avoid enemy attackers.

There was one Pony I'd been after for some time. I'd fired on him once and chased him on a couple of different passes.

He was moving in what appeared to be a dive opposite and below my direction of travel so I split-essed down onto his ass. I realized he was missing his elevators right around the same time an accuser who removed said tail-feathers loudly stated "that P-51 is down. It's my kill. Leave him alone. You've got a Yak on your tail. You can kill him."

Now, it was never my intent to steal the kill and while the 51 appeared wounded, he was still lit and, until closer observation revealed the nature of the damage, could easily have still been a threat.

My questions:

1. is kill-stealing actually a problem?
2. What's up with the proximity kill? I recently watched a P-47, in his attempt to evade me, auger. I was awarded a kill even though I had not shot him down; had merely been the cause of his evasive maneuvering.

I evaded the Yak, btw, with a simple series of rolls - then killed some guy name SnoopDog twice in the same day.

If he had no elevators, he was not a threat and you should not have shot at him.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2009, 12:03:45 PM »
If some one calls the guy down I leave him be...unless its Rob53, Bushlt or lowman's kill, I will then proceed to shoot the snot out of any remaining pieces  :devil

shamus  

I don't know those cats..........but that was funny as hell.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2009, 12:05:33 PM »
shuffler..........here's pretty much a summation of who I am on message boards....

if you're hip... irreverent ...or funny.......I'm a fan........and we'll get along.  if not......we won't.........quickly.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 12:07:16 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »

is calling you ack ack name calling?   I digress.

I'm refering to your "brainless" statement. Sounded as if you lost control of the discussion and reverted back to grade school.

I'm not trying to attack you..... I'm trying to understand your thought process. Ho's happen..... but to go into a fight intending to Ho... I'm at a loss to understand.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2009, 12:09:39 PM »
Sounded as if you lost control of the discussion and reverted back to grade school.

if by "going into a fight".......you mean he heads straight at my level 12........and stays level...... he's making an aggressive move......and yeah..I'll engage.  it that is what peeps call hoeing here......  I can assure you.......if I am still here in a decade......I'd remain consistent on that.

save the "first pass for respect" stuff for the duelling arena

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2009, 12:11:33 PM »
It just struck me as interesting.  it's not something I'd ever ask someone.... but then again..as you said...vets here switch sides and have more interpersonal relationships on various sides.  

If I recognize a guy's flying style and he appears rtb, I'll ask him, even if he appears undamaged. If he responds he's rtb, I'll let him go.*  This was once a common practice.  

Nowadays it's mostly opposite. It seems like the crippled plane is the first target of choice.

*  There are several pilots I will give no quarter to, simply because I don't like them.  Also, no hordeling gets quarter, ever.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2009, 12:12:44 PM »
It just struck me as interesting.  it's not something I'd ever ask someone.... but then again..as you said...vets here switch sides and have more interpersonal relationships on various sides.  as stupid as this might sound.......I'd never switch sides either.......but.....I understand it.

Its not even that. I knew who he was but I dont "know him". I'd do the same to anyone else who had a bunch of kills to land and was helpless, "well almost anyone". A guy who can spawn into an airbase in a T-34, with almost all the advantage on the defenders side, and still kill 11 defenders??? He deserves a  :salute and a pass if he asks. A T-34, tracked with no friendly uppers or flak around, is basically helpless to my IL2.

I know the game is just make believe but still I live my life by codes. One such code is to respect an honorable enemy and not grind his face into the ground just because I can. And while just a game there are actual people connected to the other end of that cartoon vehicle so why not do a good turn and be respectful towards them?

The fact that I dont shoot up what others have strived to shoot down is also a gesture of respect. Its the same reason I call people "sir' in the game or spend time getting supplies to strangers. The same reason I dont cuss or scream nonsense on the vox.

Most play the same way. While we do have some nitwits in the game, for the most part, guys play honorably.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"