Author Topic: Your Favorite NFL Team......  (Read 26744 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Your Favorite NFL Team......
« Reply #585 on: January 03, 2010, 03:29:13 PM »
Dads, DaCoon, your thoughts on the Saints D? I was fairly impressed this week...they gave up a lot of yards but only held them to field goals and a couple TD's. They did good pinning Carolina in their 20 yd line...if Brees was playing he would have loved starting at his own 40 or 50.

I think it's looking up now for their D, they got 3 weeks to practice practice practice.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #586 on: January 03, 2010, 03:41:35 PM »
Houston Texans

No seriously, is that a real team,,,,,   :rofl   Just kidding.

How about now?
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #587 on: January 03, 2010, 06:11:20 PM »
Skins loose to chargers 2nd team  :rofl
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #588 on: January 04, 2010, 12:27:55 AM »
Cant you hide a bottle in your jacket going in?

Its possible as I saw some people there that managed it. But they patted everyone down going in. Wasnt a very thorough pat down. but they did pat you down.

We got there about 4:00 and hung out doing the tailgating thing. My son and whole bunch of his friends were also going so we hooked up before hand so we could all park in the same general area.
 Fired up the BBQ then feasted on beer, Sausage sandwiches. Hamburgers, hot dogs, And a big ol bottle of Hennessy Cognac one of my sons buddies brought. Was a good time but flipping COLD. didnt venture far from the fires cept to take a leak and to go in for the game where it was even COLDER.
But I finally had an excuse to wear these super insulated Feild & stream boots my wife got me a couple Christmases ago. That feel like your walking in giant pillows and kinda look like something a lunar astronaut might wear. Glad I did. It was the one part on me that actually stayed warm. and I only wore one pair of socks.
How cold was it?

I was wearing the boots described above.
1 pair of long johns bottoms and tops.
1 pair of heavy flannel sweat pants 1 pair of jeans.
Long john thermal top, Tshirt, Sweat shirt. Hooded Sweat jacket, heavy winter jacket.
One pair of very thick wool gloves I picked up at Home Depot a few years ago. Best gloves I've ever owned. Too bad. Because, as usual. whenever I find something at Home Depot I like. They stop selling it.

Anyway. all of that and I was still getting cold. Wasnt too bad when I was moving around. But sitting there during the game.. it got COLD.
Was worse for my son and his friends as they had upper level seats.

Fortunately the Jets blew the Bengals out and we left after the start of the third quarter.

As usual there were a few nuts by us about 20 feet away wearing no shirts.  3 to be exact. All hooting and hollering whooping it up.
Couldnt help but keep my eye on them. Watching them gradually get colder. Eventually all three submitted to wearing gloves. which made them look even more idiotic.
they were good for about the first quarter which went by pretty quickly. Then you could see the cold set in on two of them. One shivering more and more. Halftime rolled around and that was the last I saw of those two. They didnt come back. The third one. Well, he may still be there for all I know. Last I saw him was after my buddy said he was ready to leave after the start of the 3rd quarter. blowing into his gloved hands. still shirtless. His skin a bright pink from the cold.

He's got a bigger set hang'n then I do. Or he's just that stupid..maybe both. LOL.

As for the Beer. I didnt even want any. Frikken hot chocolate was $4.50 for a small cup. I saw Beer (which wasnt for sale) priced at $8.50.

screw dat.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:30:23 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #589 on: January 04, 2010, 06:47:36 AM »
Well, I was wrong about the Cowboys.  Seems they might have some heart afterall.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #590 on: January 04, 2010, 09:02:11 AM »
Sad state of affairs. I'm starting to think the outcomes are rigged.

Gotta sell those PSLs for the new stadium   :cheers:

The Bengals game this week should be interesting. I hope the Bengals weren't hiding anything. If the Jets win they will have to play the Colts to get to the title game so we will see if they deserve it.

Cheers,
gus

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #591 on: January 04, 2010, 09:17:28 AM »

As usual there were a few nuts by us about 20 feet away wearing no shirts.  3 to be exact. All hooting and hollering whooping it up.
Couldnt help but keep my eye on them. Watching them gradually get colder. Eventually all three submitted to wearing gloves. which made them look even more idiotic.
they were good for about the first quarter which went by pretty quickly. Then you could see the cold set in on two of them. One shivering more and more. Halftime rolled around and that was the last I saw of those two. They didnt come back. The third one. Well, he may still be there for all I know. Last I saw him was after my buddy said he was ready to leave after the start of the 3rd quarter. blowing into his gloved hands. still shirtless. His skin a bright pink from the cold.

He's got a bigger set hang'n then I do. Or he's just that stupid..maybe both. LOL.

How close to the front were you? They showed 3 guys with no shirts on TV last night. You might've got some camera time. :lol
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #592 on: January 04, 2010, 10:54:38 AM »
This is gonna be a little bit of an unusual playoff, you've got 3 games that are repeats of the last game of the regular season, this is the first time in NFL history this has happened with 3 playoff games.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #593 on: January 04, 2010, 11:07:15 AM »
E-A-G-L-E-S!   :rofl

McNabb showing his true colors again.  All the years of regular season wins add up to zero in the Bowl.  "Gold Standard".

Watch dallas go all the way and eek out a Superbowl win. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #594 on: January 04, 2010, 11:35:41 AM »
Here is the first round picture......  

:rofl  They showed them idiots on TV this morning.... It just looked miserably cold...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:43:08 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #595 on: January 04, 2010, 04:22:40 PM »
This is gonna be a little bit of an unusual playoff, you've got 3 games that are repeats of the last game of the regular season, this is the first time in NFL history this has happened with 3 playoff games.
I knew something was weird about that...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #596 on: January 04, 2010, 04:54:54 PM »
Here is the first round picture......   

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl  They showed them idiots on TV this morning.... It just looked miserably cold...
I was at the NFC championship game 2 years ago when it was -3F and -20F with wind chill and these girls where there in full (or lack of) attire.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #597 on: January 04, 2010, 04:59:44 PM »
 :O

Finally, something besides the 40 year old fat guys!

Strip

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #598 on: January 04, 2010, 05:34:18 PM »

How close to the front were you? They showed 3 guys with no shirts on TV last night. You might've got some camera time. :lol

1st tier off slightly to the left of the visitors goalposts
Section 120, row 18 (if your facing the goalposts from the field) the nutcases were to my left.

I'd say they were either on the far end of 120
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #599 on: January 04, 2010, 06:19:39 PM »
E-A-G-L-E-S!   :rofl

McNabb showing his true colors again.  All the years of regular season wins add up to zero in the Bowl.  "Gold Standard".

Watch dallas go all the way and eek out a Superbowl win.  (Image removed from quote.)

Look at the teams Phily has beaten.
Find me one thats in the playoffs

And they have lost to each playoff bound team they have played against this year.

Dallas twice  20-16  and  24-0
N.O.  48-22
S.D  31-23

I'd have to triple check in case I missed one.
But thats the worst record against playoff bound teams of any team in the playoffs.
Everyone else currently in the playoffs has at least 2 wins against current playoff bound teams.

Skuzzy,,told ya so  ;)
Dallas is a much better team then is given credit for.

I still say in the NFC Green Bay is the team to look out for and to be wary of.  I'd rather not play them a 3rd time.

Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty