Author Topic: Your Favorite NFL Team......  (Read 26759 times)

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
Re: Your Favorite NFL Team......
« Reply #600 on: January 04, 2010, 06:26:40 PM »
Well, I was wrong about the Cowboys.  Seems they might have some heart afterall.
Don't be too surprised if Philly actually plays this weekend. Loser gets discoed from da playoffs. Not an Eagles fan per se, just being a realist.

But for all you Dallas fans, I hope they do advance. I would rather face Cowboys again than have to play Philly w/ McNabb QB'n.    :D
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #601 on: January 04, 2010, 06:31:08 PM »
Man what happen to the Broncos, they looked like they were a sure thing to make the playoffs this year, they started off 6-0, then lost all the remaining game accept 2, I have to say thought as a Bears fan I'm glad to see this, I didn't want us to get Cutler, & they get Orton, then they make the playoffs.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #602 on: January 04, 2010, 06:51:42 PM »
Don't be too surprised if Philly actually plays this weekend. Loser gets discoed from da playoffs. Not an Eagles fan per se, just being a realist.

But for all you Dallas fans, I hope they do advance. I would rather face Cowboys again than have to play Philly w/ McNabb QB'n.    :D
Coon, check out my post on top of pg 40. :P

Personally I think we match better with Philly O/D wise...but if our o-line looks better Brees might not keep gettin whacked.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #603 on: January 04, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »
Dads, DaCoon, your thoughts on the Saints D? I was fairly impressed this week...they gave up a lot of yards but only held them to field goals and a couple TD's. They did good pinning Carolina in their 20 yd line...if Brees was playing he would have loved starting at his own 40 or 50.

I think it's looking up now for their D, they got 3 weeks to practice practice practice.

N.O. is a damn fine team but their D is their Achilles heel

While their offense is in the top 10 in all categories

20th in points allowed
25th yards allowed
26th against the pass
21st against the rush

Now with the kind of  high scoring offence they have. It wouldnt be so surprising to see their ranking falling against the pass as teams are forced to pass more to try and keep pace or play catch up.
But to also be 21st against the rush, and more importantly 20th in points allowed?

This tells me that N.O. will struggle against more balanced teams (offense /defense) And why I thought Dallas matched up well against them a few weeks ago.
N.O. will almost always be in the game because of their offense. But against a Well balanced team. They HAVE to play better defense to keep their offense from becoming one dimensional themselves.

Its really kinda strange because N.O. has some pretty good players on defense. Which tells me that if things dont work out this year. You can probobly expect a defensive coaching change on the defensive side of the ball during the off season.
Im not entirely sure that even if they do win it all that N.O. shouldnt go for a defensive coaching change.

They have the players. And you can see the players put in the effort. Then to me it seems its a scheme or planning problem on the coaching end..

Dont feel bad though. I see the Vikes having a chance only so long as Childress doesnt call any plays. Unfortunately. once the playoffs start Im not sure he is going to be willing to put his ego aside for his own good for that to happen.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #604 on: January 04, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »
Well pretty much our whole starting D is healthy and back in the game. Jabari Greer was in against Carolina yesterday. Shockey was also dressed out on the sideline. I think we should have our whole starting roster back by the time we play our first playoff game. ( :pray :pray)
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #605 on: January 04, 2010, 07:05:19 PM »
N.O. is a damn fine team but their D is their Achilles heel

While their offense is in the top 10 in all categories

20th in points allowed
25th yards allowed
26th against the pass
21st against the rush

Now with the kind of  high scoring offence they have. It wouldnt be so surprising to see their ranking falling against the pass as teams are forced to pass more to try and keep pace or play catch up.
But to also be 21st against the rush, and more importantly 20th in points allowed?

This tells me that N.O. will struggle against more balanced teams (offense /defense) And why I thought Dallas matched up well against them a few weeks ago.
N.O. will almost always be in the game because of their offense. But against a Well balanced team. They HAVE to play better defense to keep their offense from becoming one dimensional themselves.

Its really kinda strange because N.O. has some pretty good players on defense. Which tells me that if things dont work out this year. You can probobly expect a defensive coaching change on the defensive side of the ball during the off season.
Im not entirely sure that even if they do win it all that N.O. shouldnt go for a defensive coaching change.

They have the players. And you can see the players put in the effort. Then to me it seems its a scheme or planning problem on the coaching end..

Dont feel bad though. I see the Vikes having a chance only so long as Childress doesnt call any plays. Unfortunately. once the playoffs start Im not sure he is going to be willing to put his ego aside for his own good for that to happen.

I agree here...but look at the defense from week 1-8...7 def. TD's, plenty of picks, we were lookin great...but then we just slumped and I mean slumped...can't blame it on Morale...we were frickin undefeated! But what was it? Yeah we were hurt with injuries  bad but that wasn't the cause either...we let up 33 points the game vs Redskins, and that started it all...downhill from there.

You have great players such as Vilma, Sharper, Harper, Roby, Greer (finally back) who are play makers. I think when Greer was out we started a small decline then dropped off. He was our main blitzer and since then we hadn't blitzed much at all...heck we pretty much gave time for QB's to read a book in the pocket.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #606 on: January 04, 2010, 08:12:07 PM »
I agree here...but look at the defense from week 1-8...7 def. TD's, plenty of picks, we were lookin great...but then we just slumped and I mean slumped...can't blame it on Morale...we were frickin undefeated! But what was it? Yeah we were hurt with injuries  bad but that wasn't the cause either...we let up 33 points the game vs Redskins, and that started it all...downhill from there.

You have great players such as Vilma, Sharper, Harper, Roby, Greer (finally back) who are play makers. I think when Greer was out we started a small decline then dropped off. He was our main blitzer and since then we hadn't blitzed much at all...heck we pretty much gave time for QB's to read a book in the pocket.
on the other hand you still also gave up

DET 27
PHI 22
NYG 27  (though at the time the Giants had a decent defense)
MIA 34
ATL 27
CAR 20

Personally I think as I mentioned at the time that the Redskins spotted something. And everyone else has been trying to exploit it.
I think N.O. is capable of beating any team.Actually I think they match up favorably against the colts even. But I also beleive the Colts are over rated based on who they've played.
 But I also think N.O. is going to struggle against well balanced teams.  Particularly the higher ranked ones.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #607 on: January 04, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »
But what are they trying to exploit? Gregg Williams needs an answer to his problems...they hurt in a lot of places, mainly run...I think we faired well this past week...held them to 2 TD's and field goals...and you know damn well if Brees was in they could have out scored them, but Brunell blows. Not I'm not saying point toss ups are the answer to a play off game because they aren't, but if the Saints are going to win any play off game they need to shape up their D, BAD. Our offense can score 40 points easy, but that won't help us if the other offense scores 41!

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #608 on: January 04, 2010, 08:23:18 PM »
Well pretty much our whole starting D is healthy and back in the game. Jabari Greer was in against Carolina yesterday. Shockey was also dressed out on the sideline. I think we should have our whole starting roster back by the time we play our first playoff game. ( :pray :pray)

This is the key for NO, injuries have plagued them in the last few games.  They have to have everyone healthy that got them where they are, or they are finished.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #609 on: January 05, 2010, 06:46:25 AM »
Dred, Dallas has had the talent for years, but they manage to beat themselves at every turn when they need to win.  There is a reason they have not won a playoff game since 1996.  Talent is great, but if the players do not play with any heart, they will lose.

It would not surprise me if they get soundly beaten by the Eagles in this next game.  It would surprise me if they play with any emotional intensity.

If the Eagles can stop the Cowboys first two drives and the Eagles score before Dallas does, the Eagles will win.  It would be nice to be wrong on this one.  From a talent point of view the Cowboys should not lose, but that has been the case for oh so many games they have lost.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #610 on: January 05, 2010, 07:16:36 AM »
Yeah like that game against the Chargers, the Cowboys totally should of won that game, but they just ended up beating themselves with so many missed opportunities.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #611 on: January 05, 2010, 07:18:00 AM »

But for all you Dallas fans, I hope they do advance. I would rather face Cowboys again than have to play Philly w/ McNabb QB'n.    :D

Eagles will fall this Saturday.   I still don't see anyone besting the Colts though. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #612 on: January 05, 2010, 07:24:59 AM »
Eagles will fall this Saturday.   I still don't see anyone besting the Colts though. 
Yeah I think the Colts are definitely the best call to win the Superbowl this year.  I have a friend I grew up with thats on the starting offensive line, #71 Ryan Diem, so I'm a fan of them, but still more of a Bears fan, it was cool when they got to play each other in the Superbowl back in 06, he got to play against his home town team, and won.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #613 on: January 05, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »
GO PACK GO!!!   The Green and Gold are going to bring the Lombardi trophy home this season......where it belongs  :aok
-AoM-

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #614 on: January 05, 2010, 01:13:39 PM »
Anyone seen previews for that show coming on TruTV after the Superbowl called Full Contact, it's about all the behind the scenes stuff for football games, looks interesting.

I was watching TruTV this morning and they had a case on about a Jaguars player, Richard Collier that was shot 6 times and left paralyzed, I guess it happened last year but I don't remember hearing about it, it's a really sad thing to happen to a guy who was just getting started in hie NFL career.