Author Topic: spamming  (Read 3789 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
spamming
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:01:38 PM »
68Hawk, I KNOW YOU HAVE A !@$%@#%@#%@# event tonight, you've told me 50 frikkin times in EVERY arena, and I cant even squelch you, ENOUGH! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
Re: spamming
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 09:03:20 PM »
Why cant you squelch him?
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 09:04:33 PM »
Would that happen to be the pink text? The CMs use that now to announce events to all the arenas from the SEA. I don't believe you can squelch those unless you're in the SEA with the person transmitting.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:28:07 PM »
The CMs use that now to announce events to all the arenas from the SEA.
How long has that been going on? I dont play much anymore.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 09:29:00 PM »
It was introduced around the same time as the new terrain...a bit after, I think. CMs will announce their event about half an hour before it starts, generally.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 10:01:31 PM »
It was introduced around the same time as the new terrain...a bit after, I think. CMs will announce their event about half an hour before it starts, generally.

you mean some will ........

others will announce about every 15 minutes up to 3 hours prior sending 5-6 lines each announcement

I guess that could get bothersome or distracting for some.......

as for me I tend to pay more attention to what Im doing rather than sit around reading the text buffer  :rolleyes:
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 10:02:58 PM »
I've only seen it come across twice, but that could be that I currently don't have an account. :D

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »
Wow bashing the CMs your awesome. CMs make the events so fun and enjoyable for the majority who fly them. They are only to be saluted not bashed :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 10:04:43 PM »
lol....... ya I dont think the arena alerts come across the tv screen..... yet

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 10:09:40 PM »
I dont think anyones bashing the CMs........ they arent doing anything now that they havent always done.........

the only difference is in the past they would have to go to every arena individually and announce it on 200...... now they can announce it to every arena simultaneously to every player regardless of tuning 200 or not

so I guess some people arent accustomed to seeing the announcements made all the time if they never tuned 200...........

or maybe its that horrible pink color

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 10:10:46 PM »
Wow bashing the CMs your awesome. CMs make the events so fun and enjoyable for the majority who fly them. They are only to be saluted not bashed :salute
If it had just been a couple of times it would have been no problem  but this was regular all thru the night, even going on about practise. Now thats great for you guys that enjoy those things but I'm sure just a couple of reminders would have been enough.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 05:00:32 AM »
just make it squelchable...done deal.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 06:23:58 AM »
Making it toggle-able by token file/dot command would be even nicer, like the .showjoin # command.

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 06:49:53 AM »
 :cry :cry :cry :cry

people complain about the dumbest stuff :rofl
Lagger

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 06:54:28 AM »
I've never seen them announce it 50 times. Once or twice about about 30min before the event is the most i've ever seen. They're just trying to encourage the event, thats all. nothing to lose sleep over!

its no worse then people recruiting on 200, I just ignore it because I'm too busy either dying or killing someone!  :D